Welcome Guest Active Topics
Joss Whedon's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Has Been Ordered by ABC Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:09:20 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45410

Quote:
ABC Orders Whedon's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." to Series

This Fall, Joss Whedon will once again have a series on network television. "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.LD." pilot was ordered by ABC last August, and now various sources including Entertainment Weekly, IGN and SitcomcsOnline are reporting that ABC has all but publicly confirmed the pilot has been picked up to series.

Directed by "The Avengers" helmer Whedon and co-written by Whedon along with "Dollhouse" veterans Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, the series spins out of the events of "The Avengers" and stars Clark Gregg, returning to his fan-favorite role as Agent Phil Coulson, and Marvel Universe newcomers Brett Dalton, Ming-Na-Wen, Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge and Chloe Bennet.

Amidst the flurry of reports about the pickup, ABC also briefly released a 7-second teaser on the youtube page that was pulled soon after its release according to Slashfilm. The video features a rampaging Hulk caught on video, as well as a logo reading "Rising Tide." You can view the teaser embedded below.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:47:03 PM

Groups: Member

Fingers crossed that this turns out as awesome as it has the potential to be.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:06:08 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Shadowdodger wrote:
Fingers crossed that this turns out as awesome as it has the potential to be.

C'mon, Joss Whedon is at the healm. Name one thing he's done that sucked.

Alright.........besides "Alien: Resurrection."
KingZombie
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:40:05 PM

Promo pic...

Bah! Where are the SHIELD uniforms? This nerd is displeased! Phbbbbt
teh_longinator
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:14:55 AM

KingZombie wrote:
Promo pic...

I've just lost interest in this.

This just looks like one of the stereotypical teen drama shows you'd see on YTV these days :/ I hope I'm wrong.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:06:12 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

teh_longinator wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
Promo pic...

I've just lost interest in this.

This just looks like one of the stereotypical teen drama shows you'd see on YTV these days :/ I hope I'm wrong.

You came to that conclusion based on a single photo? Eh?

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:43:11 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Quote:
...the series spins out of the events of "The Avengers" and stars Clark Gregg, returning to his fan-favorite role as Agent Phil Coulson...
uhhhh... he died.

Big shock that this is going to be on the network that Disney owns, huh?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 10:27:14 AM

this is doomed to fail. i'm already not giving this a chance. i'll stick to the movies.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 12:01:02 PM

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:

Quote:
...the series spins out of the events of "The Avengers" and stars Clark Gregg, returning to his fan-favorite role as Agent Phil Coulson...
uhhhh... he died.

Big shock that this is going to be on the network that Disney owns, huh?

I'm betting they'll either say the agent who died was either a Life Model Decoy, or they're going to make the series be set pre-Avengers films. Having it take place after the movie's events would make people wonder "where are the Avengers at?". Those stars would never make an appearance on this show, so making the series pre-Avengers solves the lack-of-Avengers problem.

And I'm seriously stunned this is already being panned by fans here. It's friggin' Joss Whedon! Nobody's giving him a chance, based on his track record of mega-awesome television shows??
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 12:29:46 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I will give it a chance. Probably it won't last more than a season. I'm not being negative here, only realistic. I hope it's good and it lasts. Fingers crossed!

I agree with Thundercron, it will most likely be set before the Avengers movie chronologically and may not have even anything to do with the movie franchise at all. Ultimate Universe SHIELD or something. I'm betting that Sam Jackson probably won't even cameo! So who's going to play Nick Fury? Gotta have him.
Maybe a Howling Commandos series would be better!

The promo pic doesn't do the series any favors. It could be any show, CSI: Whatever, 24, Men in Black: the TV show...etc...etc...Looks like a bunch of white people, where's the diversity?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 1:17:43 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I will give it a chance. Probably it won't last more than a season. I'm not being negative here, only realistic. I hope it's good and it lasts. Fingers crossed!

I agree with Thundercron, it will most likely be set before the Avengers movie chronologically and may not have even anything to do with the movie franchise at all. Ultimate Universe SHIELD or something. I'm betting that Sam Jackson probably won't even cameo! So who's going to play Nick Fury? Gotta have him.

The promo pic doesn't do the series any favors. It could be any show, CSI: Whatever, 24, Men in Black: the TV show...etc...etc...Looks like a bunch of white people, where's the diversity?

Actually the girl on the far left is half Chinese and the one on the right is also Asian (Macau, China). She is also 49 years old, believe it or not.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

KingZombie
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 1:56:08 PM

According to news sources, the show will take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and DOES take place AFTER the Avengers movie. So... Coulsen apparently did not really die in the movie.

And I believe the show will explain how he is still alive.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:09:21 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Actually the girl on the far left is half Chinese and the one on the right is also Asian (Macau, China). She is also 49 years old, believe it or not.

Sure, but it still looks like a bunch of white people! Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:40:23 PM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Sure, but it still looks like a bunch of white people! Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Since you brought it up, you apparently must think there is something wrong with that.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....(like how we're just dancing around everybody's feelings?)
CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:07:32 PM

Shop at My Store

Actually the photo makes me a bit nervous because even though it's always nice to see some hotties striking a pose it reminds me a bit too much of the Jessica Alba - FF thing, they inserted romance & sex appeal to attract the masses & turned off the true fans in the process. Having Whedon is pretty huge, I'm sure he'll try & stay true to the comics.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:07:56 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

i agree with you but i was thinking the picture looked more along the line of the fresh beat band and all those other BS disney shows lol

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:18:30 PM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Since you brought it up, you apparently must think there is something wrong with that.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....(like how we're just dancing around everybody's feelings?)

Sorry Dude, I have a Seinfeld fixation.

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:19:09 PM

Shop at My Store

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

i agree with you but i was thinking the picture looked more along the line of the fresh beat band and all those other BS disney shows lol

That's what I'm talking about!

Hall Liquidations

CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:05:07 PM

Shop at My Store

You know what would be cool is if they had superhero appearances, it would give them a chance to do a "test run" with different characters & actors, maybe have an occasional cameo by Cap, Thor, etc. It would also save them from having to make a whole movie just to introduce a character. I could see them trying out Downey's replacement on a show like this.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

KingZombie
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 7:08:41 PM