Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Where to sell trading cards? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:15:06 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I have slowly gotten drawn into buying and selling trading cards. Right now I only have about 1-2 thousand cards, most loose but some still factory sealed either by pack or by case. I just acquired a collection of maybe 5,000 cards and have an opportunity to pick up an additional 50,000 cards at a really good price (I think).

Now, these cards range from sports to comics to pop culture mostly from the 90's but some from the 70's and 80's. Sports include Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, NASCAR. The other stuff is all over the place.

My question is - where to sell them? I kind of hate to use feebay but is there a better alternative? I want something better than Craigslist as well.

Thanks for any advice!
Howie

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:58:33 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Any sports cards from the 90s, with a couple exceptions, are pretty much worthless.

There are a couple of card-trading sites, where you might be able to sell off some of the cards, but I think your best best, aside from eBay, would be one of two sites.

One website, sportlots, is one of my favorite sites to get singles. They're good for common cards, with a minimum set price of 18 cents, if I recall correctly. For someone with a small number of cards, like me, it's good for a little credit to use when buying cards I want.

The other website I would recommend would be checkoutmycards. COMC is a rather unusual site (in my experience). You send in your cards to THEIR warehouse/headquarters/whatever. There's a per-card charge, so I really don't think it's a great deal, but you set your price, and they handle everything else (packing, shipping, storage, etc). I've never used them.

I'm not certain where to try and sell non-sport cards. Probably websites like nonsportscardforum or one of the other forums (blowoutcards, etc).
comicscastle
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:49:26 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Tamwood wrote:
Any sports cards from the 90s, with a couple exceptions, are pretty much worthless.

There are a couple of card-trading sites, where you might be able to sell off some of the cards, but I think your best best, aside from eBay, would be one of two sites.

One website, sportlots, is one of my favorite sites to get singles. They're good for common cards, with a minimum set price of 18 cents, if I recall correctly. For someone with a small number of cards, like me, it's good for a little credit to use when buying cards I want.

The other website I would recommend would be checkoutmycards. COMC is a rather unusual site (in my experience). You send in your cards to THEIR warehouse/headquarters/whatever. There's a per-card charge, so I really don't think it's a great deal, but you set your price, and they handle everything else (packing, shipping, storage, etc). I've never used them.

I'm not certain where to try and sell non-sport cards. Probably websites like nonsportscardforum or one of the other forums (blowoutcards, etc).
You can sell non-sport cards on a little known site called Comic Collector Live.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

kevscomics
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 8:05:46 AM

Groups: Member

I checked out sportlots.com, initially I thought it looked pretty cool, NO LISTING FEES, but the sales commissions they take seem a little steep, it was king of confusing though, and I may have misunderstood...may be the best bet, especially if u get the 50000 cards...
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 10:19:09 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
You can sell non-sport cards on a little known site called Comic Collector Live.[/quote]

You Know, now that you mention it, I have heard of Comic Collector Live!Laughing

So is that your recommendation for my non-sports cards? Obviously I like the site but I have a few questions:

Is there that much interest in individual cards that it makes it worthwhile to list thousands of cards at less than a quarter each?

What are the fees associated with listing trading cards here?

Can I set a minimum purchase threshold? It hardly seems worth it to sell a single 15 cent card with, what 75 cents for postage? If I can at least set a 2 or 3 dollar minimum would that work or would that discourage buyers?

Are lots and sets possible? I know we can with the comics.

Thanks for your input, I definitely want to do some research before I commit to anything. Gathering knowledge from others more familiar with this particular issue is helping me a lot. Appreciate!

I will look into those sports sites too. Thanks Tamwood! Thanks Kevin!

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
kevscomics
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 2:49:41 PM

Groups: Member

u can do lots and sets...I know that much...