Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
East of West Options
wpmcclure
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 3:40:30 PM

Groups: Member

Man, I've been wanting to post more but I just haven't had the time. Too much going on in my little life. Any ways, I did pick up East of West 1 and 2, honestly, I really like this comic. Everything was awesome, art, writing, was late and I just couldn't put 'em down. Reminded me of other series and how they are streamlined in the way the story flows from page to page, flows well, like Manhattan Projects and Saga.

I'm not sure why the 1st issue is so damn hard to find. I checked the print stats from diamond and it is near 50,000. So why is a number one going for 10 bucks? Dammit...at least I got 1 copy and I picked up the ghost variant cause this one is a keeper...I could see this as a story line for a movie...a good movie...a damn good movie...

I advise you to pick it up before it's too late.

dunleavy75
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:21:45 AM

I just received the first 2 issues but didn't get a chance to read the yet.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 7:24:32 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

I too am loving this book...great story, great art... Image has a lot of great books right now!
inhumanking
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:04:35 AM

i know i'm starting to sound like a broken record, but...
Hickman is my new favorite writer. i'm tracking down all of his past stuff cuz i don't want to miss out on anything he creates.

wpmcclure wrote:
I'm not sure why the 1st issue is so damn hard to find. I checked the print stats from diamond and it is near 50,000. So why is a number one going for 10 bucks?

initially i missed out on #1 even tho i pre-ordered it, because every copy was damaged during shipping from Diamond and they were not issuing replacements. i called many stores from Virginia to the Carolinas, and heard the same story more than once... i finally tracked one down, but it took some looking.

outside of the recent Image hype, this may be making it more difficult to find.
wpmcclure
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:52:01 AM

inhumanking wrote:
i know i'm starting to sound like a broken record, but...
Hickman is my new favorite writer. i'm tracking down all of his past stuff cuz i don't want to miss out on anything he creates.

wpmcclure wrote:
I'm not sure why the 1st issue is so damn hard to find. I checked the print stats from diamond and it is near 50,000. So why is a number one going for 10 bucks?

initially i missed out on #1 even tho i pre-ordered it, because every copy was damaged during shipping from Diamond and they were not issuing replacements. i called many stores from Virginia to the Carolinas, and heard the same story more than once... i finally tracked one down, but it took some looking.

outside of the recent Image hype, this may be making it more difficult to find.

Gotcha, I was wondering what was up. I mean i just couldn't believe 50,000 strong any still commanding a $10 price. I mean i got a ghost variant for 15 and that seems cheap somehow now. I imagine the 2nd print will be a high number, higher than normal then for an image comic. I wonder if the #2 will be around 50,000 again and with less damage.

Besides that, yes this has been an amazing comic. I wonder what hickman does for fun because his stories are just come out of no where. Image probably has him in some bunker somewhere while writing storylines for them...hehe...

Yes though, can anyone post some previous writings by hickman that would be awesome reads, regardless of publisher? I think that would be cool. Any ways, i love this story...i hope he has the time to keep it going down the road of Legend...wait for it.........dary!

kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:59:36 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

I read a 4 issue series by him called Transhuman, I didn't really care for it much...if you like Manhattan Projects, you should read Red Wing(4 issue series) by Hickman and Pitarra, same team as MP
inhumanking
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 11:55:51 AM

wpmcclure wrote:
Image probably has him in some bunker somewhere while writing storylines for them...

if ANY publisher has him in a bunker, it's gotta be Marvel (he's currently writing 'Avengers' & 'New Avengers', and has been working up to something big for years now).

wpmcclure wrote:
can anyone post some previous writings by hickman that would be awesome reads, regardless of publisher?

i read 'Red Wing' first, it was very, very good. then i started 'Manhattan Projects', and that's when reality hit about this guy. i picked up 'Red Mass for Mars', and loved it too. 'Transhuman' was okay... much more subtle than the others. two issues of 'Secret' (freaking awesome) came out, and then delays took over... the TPB is supposed to come out this summer. now i'm reading both of his 'Avengers' titles and 'East of West', and clearly he's mega-talented. i splurged on Amazon and picked up these:

'Nightly News' HC
'Pax Romana' TPB

...and i'm slowly collecting these (single issues / TPB's):

'Ultimate Comics Hawkeye'
'Ultimate Comics Thor'
'Ultimate Comics Fallout'
'Ultimate Comics Ultimates'
'Shield' (2 volumes)
'FF' (3 volumes)
'Fantastic Four' (6 volumes)
'Secret Warriors' (6 volumes)

i'm anxiously awaiting his 'Feel Better Now' project too... he does graphic design (kills it, in my opinion) too, and he's been working on this project for awhile now.

wpmcclure
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:56:31 PM

I read "Red Mass for Mars" and well, eh, ok. I thought the artwork was horrible and the story needed to be at least an 8 comic or more series instead of the 4. However read "Red Wing" and simply loved it. Only problem was it could also have benefited with more pages to tell the rather complex story. It could have been so much more than it was.

I also got caught up on Avengers finally...but what is this super flow and the white event. I feel like I've missed some backstory somewhere. Story of my life...

wpmcclure
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:58:15 PM

Also, I noticed that there is a new cover for East of West...the diamond cover? Anybody know where I can find this cover?

crackerjack1
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 7:54:52 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

wpmcclure wrote:
Also, I noticed that there is a new cover for East of West...the diamond cover? Anybody know where I can find this cover?

It was given to retailers at the summit during C2E2. You'll have to find someone that went and wants to sell it. I got the TMNT one off of feebay.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians 3000, Harley Quinn, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, MU Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Sonic Boom, Spider-Man & the X-Men, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, Superior Iron Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars

Mini Series

Death Vigil, He-Man: The Eternity War, Scarlet Spiders, Spider-Verse, Spider-Verse Team-Up, TMNT/Ghostbusters

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
hedgeknight
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:08:17 PM

inhumanking wrote:
wpmcclure wrote:
can anyone post some previous writings by hickman that would be awesome reads, regardless of publisher?

i read 'Red Wing' first, it was very, very good. then i started 'Manhattan Projects', and that's when reality hit about this guy. i picked up 'Red Mass for Mars', and loved it too. 'Transhuman' was okay... much more subtle than the others. two issues of 'Secret' (freaking awesome) came out, and then delays took over... the TPB is supposed to come out this summer. now i'm reading both of his 'Avengers' titles and 'East of West', and clearly he's mega-talented. i splurged on Amazon and picked up these:

'Nightly News' HC
'Pax Romana' TPB

...and i'm slowly collecting these (single issues / TPB's):

'Ultimate Comics Hawkeye'
'Ultimate Comics Thor'
'Ultimate Comics Fallout'
'Ultimate Comics Ultimates'
'Shield' (2 volumes)
'FF' (3 volumes)
'Fantastic Four' (6 volumes)
'Secret Warriors' (6 volumes)

I have some of the books above for sale if you are interested. Here is what I have currently (and will list on eBay in the next couple of weeks):
Fantastic Four 583-588 (last issue)
Fantastic Four 587 (still sealed in the black shrinkwrap)
Fantastic Four 600
FF 1-6
Shield 2,3,4

All books are first prints, NM, right off the shelf. Just drop me a PM if you are interested and we'll work something out.

Winter is coming...
Grwurz
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:16:53 AM

wpmcclure wrote:
Man, I've been wanting to post more but I just haven't had the time. Too much going on in my little life. Any ways, I did pick up East of West 1 and 2, honestly, I really like this comic. Everything was awesome, art, writing, was late and I just couldn't put 'em down. Reminded me of other series and how they are streamlined in the way the story flows from page to page, flows well, like Manhattan Projects and Saga.

I'm not sure why the 1st issue is so damn hard to find. I checked the print stats from diamond and it is near 50,000. So why is a number one going for 10 bucks? Dammit...at least I got 1 copy and I picked up the ghost variant cause this one is a keeper...I could see this as a story line for a movie...a good movie...a damn good movie...

I advise you to pick it up before it's too late.

It's as great story. I kinda like the art, but it's not my favorite. Saga #1 has a print run just a little bit less than this one and we all know what's going on with that book.

I think that there are a lot of people who are just holding on to this book right now.

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!