Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
will definately not be keeping the store open...still processing and shipping orders though Options
wpmcclure
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:18:53 PM

Groups: Member

Damn this thread on shipping is never ending. Why does this need to be a thread. You buy books from don on a closing sale, free ship, gonna take a loooonnnggg time. It always took a long time, but I got them eventually, all accounted for. But don can't disagree with me that communication with him was always sketchy. i would message him about orders till the cows came home and nothing. then out of nowhere there he would be. i swear i thought he kicked the bucked twice as I waited to hear back about an order. He's a nice guy but terrible with communication. He even went out of his way to get me some dexter's lab lost episodes if you know what I mean. He didn't have to do that and he hardly knows me. So thanks don, you da man. So now please just stop talking about shipping and ship everyone there books already! Laughing

lbej
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:35:23 AM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

I don't care about the wait and I never have. I don't resell books so as long as I get what I pay for, I'm happy, and when I pay $0 for shipping, well...you can do the math. The missing books are the problem, and if I'm refunded for those books, there is no problem.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
jrpeevyhouse
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:02:16 PM

Though, it would be nice to see updates so we know we're at least getting closer to getting our stuff lol
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:15:49 PM

jrpeevyhouse wrote:
Though, it would be nice to see updates so we know we're at least getting closer to getting our stuff lol

Well he did smash his fist on the shipped button on one of my orders today so know they are going out :)

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:22:33 AM

shipping update in the sellers corner, will update every day or 2...

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=597722#597722"> http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=597722#597722

Cool

have a few messages from members, will get them answered asap, thanks
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:32:35 AM

lbej
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:32:47 AM

I received a message from Angie last week promising that refunds would be issued over the weekend--I got nothing. Dozens of other orders have been marked shipped--I haven't had an order marked shipped since 3/31. I sent three messages asking Don to please explain why I'm being singled out--he hasn't even read them. I don't like to call folks thieves and liars, but I like it even less when that's how they act. Maybe this gets resolved honorably, but it's time to escalate my outstanding Paypal claims one way or the other. On the one hand, I can't understand why I'm the only buyer being taken advantage of this way, but for the sake of the community, I hope I am.

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:07:09 AM

lbej wrote:
On the one hand, I can't understand why I'm the only buyer being taken advantage of this way, but for the sake of the community, I hope I am.

I sure hope so
Seems you got the FIST
lol

I wouldnt be too worried, but you have to do what you have to do. I just think this whole sale was a major work out for him and he realizes it now.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Flagwaver
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:20:20 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I still have one outstanding order from 4/10. The last two orders had missing books, so I sent a message asking that they be included in this last order or give a refund. I got the same message from Angie about a money transfer over the weekend but I still haven't gotten a refund. Sadly, you are not the only one.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 12:32:43 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Stuff is coming, I had a couple orders marked shipped the last few days so Don is definitely plugging away.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

lbej
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 5:20:47 AM

I've got 11 orders outstanding and I haven't had one ship in two months, so I'll leave the optimism to you...

Flagwaver
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 6:46:22 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

CrossbowComics wrote:
Stuff is coming, I had a couple orders marked shipped the last few days so Don is definitely plugging away.

Marked "shipped" and actually shipped are two different things. Have you gotten a notification email yet? I've seen two orders marked "shipped" but did not get a notification email until DAYS later when they were actually shipped out.
jmbarnes101
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 7:09:10 AM

I just got my third of six on Tuesday and a friend received his last Saturday so Don is plugging away it seems. I really hope to see my last three orders here sometime soon since my date to file claims has come and gone. In the meantime I'll just try to remain patient and have faith that he'll get them out since he'll want people to visit and shop at his new online store whenever that is set up. Angie is at least answering messages so that's a plus.
inhumanking
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 7:42:30 AM

placed the order on 4/1, received yesterday;
all books ($3 variants included) are accounted for.

i'm pretty relieved.
lbej
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 10:41:13 AM

I haven't heard from Don or Angie in over a week, I haven't had an order ship in two months, and the longer the silence lasts, the less likely I'll be to believe whatever might then be said. I've got claims open on about half my outstanding $ exposure, but I'm still going to lose a lot of money. I understand that Don may have gotten in over his head with the number of orders he accepted, but he took that money, and if he doesn't deliver the books or return the money, he's a thief. There's no two ways about it, and jokes about getting the fist don't change the facts. I hope Don has enough personal integrity to honor his commitments with or without prompting from Paypal, but he's lost my trust. If he refunds my money--all of it--I can live with that, even though I would much rather have the books. If he just steals my money, well, I guess I can live with that, too, but I don't know how he can.

jmbarnes101
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 1:02:42 PM

Another alternative if Paypal claims are unable to be filed is to file mail fraud with the USPS. While it can be hard at times to win if you do it's punishable by large fines and jail time and this situation would be covered by it.
jrpeevyhouse
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 2:39:16 AM

Got mine on Thursday, actually :D
CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 1:46:53 PM

Shop at My Store

Flagwaver wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

Marked "shipped" and actually shipped are two different things. Have you gotten a notification email yet? I've seen two orders marked "shipped" but did not get a notification email until DAYS later when they were actually shipped out.

Yes I had tracking notifications from Paypal. You raise a good point though, it's too easy to just mark a product shipped & send it later, I would hope in the next version there's a link to tracking. If CCL wanted to make this a better site for customers they'd require tracking, I'd love that & heck I'm a seller.

Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 2:05:57 PM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

Yes I had tracking notifications from Paypal. You raise a good point though, it's too easy to just mark a product shipped & send it later, I would hope in the next version there's a link to tracking. If CCL wanted to make this a better site for customers they'd require tracking, I'd love that & heck I'm a seller.

One of the ways I keep my shipping rates so low is that I don't build tracking into the shipping charges. I add it on my dime for all orders with a value of $5 or more. And before everybody here starts saying how cheap tracking is if you use online postage--just stop it. I don't use online postage/labels and I'm not about to start. I'm old school. CCL should only require that books that are purchased get to the customer--that's it. They shouldn't require that all sellers jump through certain hoops in order to be a seller here.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 3:26:38 PM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

One of the ways I keep my shipping rates so low is that I don't build tracking into the shipping charges. I add it on my dime for all orders with a value of $5 or more. And before everybody here starts saying how cheap tracking is if you use online postage--just stop it. I don't use online postage/labels and I'm not about to start. I'm old school. CCL should only require that books that are purchased get to the customer--that's it. They shouldn't require that all sellers jump through certain hoops in order to be a seller here.

I see what you're saying, although to stay top rated on Ebay you have to post tracking within a day of payment, so it's not like I'm trying to forge new ground here. There's a loophole here that allows sellers to mark an order shipped without shipping it & it gets abused from time to time. Canary's Nest, Joe's Books, Bretts, they all did it shortly before they shut down, there have been others. The problem is not so much the sellers, if you give people enough rope some will use it.