Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Spyware Attached to CCL Website Options
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:58:30 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
Just to follow up, I found a site called Alexa where you can get reports for various web sites. I couldn't get much for CCL, it did say traffic was down 24% in the last month. By comparison, MyComicShop was up 16% and Mile High was up 20%. That sudden split could perhaps be explained by these alerts/warnings, although the closing of Curious Goods could explain some of it too.

Interesting note - CCL is ranked just ahead of Mile High at about #49,000 (US only), wouldn't have guessed that. MyComicShop ranks much higher at about 12,000.

From time to time members will quote numbers like this (not speaking of you, Crossbow). Usually to indicate how lousy traffic is here. Of course, we're going to be lower than ebay or Amazon, but I want to know how we compare with our closest competitor--Atomic Avenue. Since nobody ever mentions it in their defense, I'll assume we're on par (or better) than them.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:02:09 PM

Shop at My Store

pottersan wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
Just to follow up, I found a site called Alexa where you can get reports for various web sites. I couldn't get much for CCL, it did say traffic was down 24% in the last month. By comparison, MyComicShop was up 16% and Mile High was up 20%. That sudden split could perhaps be explained by these alerts/warnings, although the closing of Curious Goods could explain some of it too.

Interesting note - CCL is ranked just ahead of Mile High at about #49,000 (US only), wouldn't have guessed that. MyComicShop ranks much higher at about 12,000.
I just got a new laptop with windows 8......sometimes when I click on the link in my email for a new post in the forums, my google browser blocks it and states that the website is unsafe.....Would probably scare off more than a few visitors......

Especially new vistiors, if I visit a new site & anything is out of the ordinary I'll split. There's no question the site isn't sticky enough, there's 80,000 registered users but if you took away a couple hundred regulars the site would be dead. That's why I don't favor advertising, we'd get a short term bump but eventually wind up back in the same boat. If CCL can (at least somewhat) deliver the goods on the next version it would be a big plus.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

Jim
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:06:01 PM

Groups: Member

Thundercron wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

From time to time members will quote numbers like this (not speaking of you, Crossbow). Usually to indicate how lousy traffic is here. Of course, we're going to be lower than ebay or Amazon, but I want to know how we compare with our closest competitor--Atomic Avenue. Since nobody ever mentions it in their defense, I'll assume we're on par (or better) than them.

I'd be more concerned with how CCL stacks up against Collectorz as far as the database and software go. The CCL market place stacked up against Atomic Avenue is light years beyond them. They are ranked 227k and CCL is ranked 48k. Collectors is ranked 34k

Collectorz also has higher reputation than CCL or Atomic Avenue. Atomic Avenue has the lowest of the three.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:08:16 PM

Thundercron wrote:

Well from my experience they probably arent doing too well or wont be soon. Last 5 orders = 5 wrong comics, 3 paypal disputes (all won) and 2 refunds.

I have 2 sellers I still frequent but wouldnt trust anyone else on the site.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:08:34 PM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

Good point, I just checked, Atomic is ranked about 227,000 in the US so we've got them beat by a long shot.

EDIT - looks like Jim beat me. Collectorz just sells software for collecting, not just for comics but also for games, music and books so I wouldn't worry too much about their rating since they are only a partial competitor with a broader reach.

Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:29:19 PM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

Good point, I just checked, Atomic is ranked about 227,000 in the US so we've got them beat by a long shot.

EDIT - looks like Jim beat me. Collectorz just sells software for collecting, not just for comics but also for games, music and books so I wouldn't worry too much about their rating since they are only a partial competitor with a broader reach.

Good to know we're beating Atomic Avenue. The people who run the site used to have a feature in the now-defunct Comics Buyers Guide, doing "marketplace analysis" in place of the old CBG price guide. Seemed they would just pick a couple back issues at total randomness, and talk about how the issue is on the upswing or downswing based solely on the fact that one of their stores listed/sold a copy for higher than normal (or lower than normal). Idiots. But it was good for laughs.
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:17:53 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

so.... I guess nothing is going to be done about the malware issues?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
caseysorrow
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:43:31 PM

Groups: Approver, Member

These things have a way of working themselves out...

Casey

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:49:40 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hi, Jack!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:09:08 PM

Shop at My Store

So I got the popup, it asks me if I want to save the file getCA829H2x.media from Fastclick. Search on Google found nothing, although Fastclick specializes in online advertising. Normally their intention would be to track my browsing habits although it's probably pretty harmless, still doesn't mean I want to be tracked. The ads I've seen for MyComicShop at Weather.com are probably a result of files like this.

scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:13:01 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

I got it for the first time today when trying to post a reply to a thread...

Exact message is:
Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.comiccollectorlive.com.
Content from imageflock.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

So, I switched to IE. lol

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:43:56 AM

scotteaves wrote:

Yea it is always better to switch browser then have admin address or fix this issue.At Wits' End

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:26:51 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

scotteaves wrote:
I got it for the first time today when trying to post a reply to a thread...

Exact message is:
Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.comiccollectorlive.com.
Content from imageflock.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

This is the same message I get from time to time. It only shows up when I want to reply to certain threads. I'm almost certain at this point that the issue is an image in someone's signature (I have those hidden when I'm browsing, but they show up in reply mode).

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:01:54 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

freakdylan wrote:
scotteaves wrote:

Yea it is always better to switch browser then have admin address or fix this issue.At Wits' End
I would say "see the info in my sig", but apparently that has already been tried with ZERO result...

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Warlock
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 10:21:19 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Interesting. I just tried to post that I had seen some malicious code in the Change Request Manager page.

When I tried to post this notice, which included some code that I copied and pasted in the message from inspecting the offending element, the web page blocked it.

The element in question was the header in the upper left corner of the page, which says "Change Request Manager". In my browser (Firefox 21.0), the word "Request" is blue bold underline, and a mouse roll-over will pop up an ad. The element contained code with instructions to a site http://i.trkjmp.com. This was not the only instance of this code on the page; happened at the instances of "Work" and "Credit".

Don't know if this is in my browser or in the server software.

Hate this stuff!
Thundercron
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 10:35:11 AM

Shop at My Store

Warlock wrote:
Interesting. I just tried to post that I had seen some malicious code in the Change Request Manager page.

When I tried to post this notice, which included some code that I copied and pasted in the message from inspecting the offending element, the web page blocked it.

The element in question was the header in the upper left corner of the page, which says "Change Request Manager". In my browser (Firefox 21.0), the word "Request" is blue bold underline, and a mouse roll-over will pop up an ad. The element contained code with instructions to a site http://i.trkjmp.com. This was not the only instance of this code on the page; happened at the instances of "Work" and "Credit".

Don't know if this is in my browser or in the server software.

Hate this stuff!

I had this type of virus infect my computer once. It only affected Firefox, and I couldn't find any way to get rid of it. I just started using IE exclusively (virus didn't seem to affect that) to get around it. I've since wiped my computer back to factory...
CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 11:53:58 AM

Shop at My Store

"http://i.trkjmp.com is a source of unwanted advertisements. Some security program may block the URL, seeing it as risky. It is reported that the address is related to an advertising company that promote products through inline ads. Some word or phrases on web site will appear as normal link to viewers. However, when clicked, it will display pop-up ads and redirects the browser to a product page.

Numerous sightings of the ads and the address is accounted since it was created is 2008. In fact, quite a number of sub-domains are presently active. Two of the most used addresses are "http://i.trkjmp.com/click" and "http://i.trkjmp.com/crossdomain.xml". Both serve the same purpose of issuing pop-up ads though underlined words.

Make no mistake about the presence of "http://i.trkjmp.com". It is not in any way linked to the web site you are visiting. Generally speaking, this adware attaches self to your browser and installed as add-ons or plug-ins. Inline ads will appear on every web site you visited, as long as the adware is active on the computer. Thus, in order to stop the inline ads from appearing, you need to remove the add-ons from the browser. This can be confusing because the adware is using various names for its code."