Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What's the most you ever spent on a comic book? Options
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 7:10:47 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Sadly the most I ever spent on one book was just to flip. Spent $800 on Spiderman #1 Chromium edition CGCed with Stan Lee and McFarlane sigs. Sold it the following week for $1500.

For my personal collection around 200, might be 250 if I can work out a deal with CrossbowComics (hint hint) lol

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 7:14:33 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

kisstour03 wrote:
Well today I learned something new. I'll have to check and see if I have any old issues with the stamp in them and cut them out Big Grin

Nooo! For the love of God, please don't!!!Rolling on the Floor

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
kisstour03
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 8:51:16 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:
Well today I learned something new. I'll have to check and see if I have any old issues with the stamp in them and cut them out Big Grin

Wouldn't it really cause someone a stroke if I really did and video taped it??Devil

Just for the record I'd never do it. Shame on You
Thundercron
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 11:18:58 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

kisstour03 wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

Wouldn't it really cause someone a stroke if I really did and video taped it??Devil

Just for the record I'd never do it. Shame on You

Some of the books also contained more than one stamp, so check carefully. Marvel also issued a couple of stamp books to put your stamps in (available by mail, I think). Here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-VALUE-STAMP-BOOK-SERIES-B-Spiderman-Hulk-and-Stan-Lee-Original-70s-/161004661632?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item257ca02b80&nma=true&si=tlTrkCwz6IcKubH1NrOcGW42sEs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-COMPLETE-VINTAGE-1974-1976-COMIC-BOOK-Marvel-Value-Stamp-BOOK-Spiderman-/161014044717?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item257d2f582d&nma=true&si=tlTrkCwz6IcKubH1NrOcGW42sEs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

As far as the most money I've ever spent on a single comic? It was shortly after I got out of high school, had a full-time job and extra income. I paid $60 for a Fine copy of Daredevil #8 (still worth about the same now), and another $60 for a Fine copy of Amazing Spider-Man #18 (worth about 2-3 times that now), purchasing them both the same month, one through the mail, the other in person at a shop. The problem was that this was circa 1997, and I was becoming disillusioned with the comics industry (as most people at the time were), so going out and buying two high-dollar books back to back was just a bit of a letdown. Just seemed like a waste. It actually helped to contribute to me giving up on comics for several years. I suppose if I had bought them at a different time/era, I wouldn't have felt so sour about it.

My wife, on the other hand, spent $600 last year on a slabbed 4.0 copy of Daredevil #1 for me, thus completing my DD run.
Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 11:47:30 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Most I ever spent was $400 for Incredible Hulk #181.

Aries326
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:02:57 PM
Groups: Member

$40 for me. I plan on going out and buying the books that I had as a kid and had wanted to buy for their story lines but didn't have the cash. I had a ton of spiderman and X-men that I had sold off when I was in college for quick cash. I plan on getting them back too. My son is 3 years old now so hopefully when he starts reading I'll start getting him some comics to get him hooked on reading and maybe start collecting together.
Kingsman
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:19:40 AM

Groups: Member

Back in 1990, I paid $75 for a VF copy of Giant Size X-Men #1 at a comic book show. I was 16 then and that was a huge amount of money for me to spend on a single issue. It was crazy at the time . . . but I am SO grateful to this day that I bought it!