Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
will definately not be keeping the store open...still processing and shipping orders though Options
CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2013 8:08:37 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Got my last one today, it was placed on 4/4 as well.

COMING SOON - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

lbej
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 6:44:36 AM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

CrossbowComics wrote:
Got my last one today, it was placed on 4/4 as well.

Was your order marked 'shipped' before you received it? I ask on the off chance that Don is shipping orders and not marking them 'shipped' in CCL. Several of my orders date back to March and haven't arrived--of course--or been marked as having shipped. If other folks' orders are showing up out of the blue without being 'shipped,' maybe mine will, too. It's a long shot, I'm sure, but I thought I'd ask.

Don's got until Monday, then he gets the fist.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 11:58:41 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Yes it was marked as shipped.

COMING SOON - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 4:46:27 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I noticed he did make a post in sellers area with another 8 orders shipped. Only 75 to go or at 22 a week. he should be done in 3 weeks tops :). He must be running out of boxes by now, lol

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

lbej
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:11:59 AM

The full Paypal dispute and escalation period passed yesterday with no response from Don to any of my messages. He didn't respond to Paypal, either, and Paypal charges were reversed on the 7 transactions I was able to file in time. I left villain ratings on the three transactions I was still able to rate--the others were too old. I'm thankful for the advice Doug, Corey and others gave me in this thread several weeks ago; if I hadn't opened Paypal disputes then, even though I still fully believed Don would come through, my losses would be twice what they are now. Thank you to those of you who told me to protect myself--you were right.

What will I do now? Don Flores stole more than $250 from me and I've been able to recover just over half that amount. My next step is to file mail fraud charges against him with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. If I can't recover my losses, I can at least do my part to prevent Don from victimizing others in the future. I encourage any other buyers who have been defrauded to file a claim with the USPS. Unlike Paypal, USPS makes no promises that money lost to fraud will be returned; however, the 45-day window Paypal imposes no longer applies, and victims have up to five years to file. That means that those buyers who want to give Don more time to honor his commitments won't miss their opportunity to pursue a claim against him when and if he fails to deliver.

I truly hope that no other buyers are cheated the way I was, and that Don targeted me for petty, personal reasons. Whatever his reasons are, his behavior is criminal, and I don't intend to let him get away with it. I am filing mail fraud charges again him, and I hope others will do the same if Don steals from and ignores them.

comicscastle
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:44:07 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

lbej wrote:
The full Paypal dispute and escalation period passed yesterday with no response from Don to any of my messages. He didn't respond to Paypal, either, and Paypal charges were reversed on the 7 transactions I was able to file in time. I left villain ratings on the three transactions I was still able to rate--the others were too old. I'm thankful for the advice Doug, Corey and others gave me in this thread several weeks ago; if I hadn't opened Paypal disputes then, even though I still fully believed Don would come through, my losses would be twice what they are now. Thank you to those of you who told me to protect myself--you were right.

What will I do now? Don Flores stole more than $250 from me and I've been able to recover just over half that amount. My next step is to file mail fraud charges against him with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. If I can't recover my losses, I can at least do my part to prevent Don from victimizing others in the future. I encourage any other buyers who have been defrauded to file a claim with the USPS. Unlike Paypal, USPS makes no promises that money lost to fraud will be returned; however, the 45-day window Paypal imposes no longer applies, and victims have up to five years to file. That means that those buyers who want to give Don more time to honor his commitments won't miss their opportunity to pursue a claim against him when and if he fails to deliver.

I truly hope that no other buyers are cheated the way I was, and that Don targeted me for petty, personal reasons. Whatever his reasons are, his behavior is criminal, and I don't intend to let him get away with it. I am filing mail fraud charges again him, and I hope others will do the same if Don steals from and ignores them.

Lee, I have been following this with interest and I really feel bad for you and any others being ripped off. This not only reflects on Don but on CCL in general and as such every other store on CCL. I know you don't feel that way as you have done business with many of us in the past, but I'm sure there are other buyers who placed their first order with Don and if receiving the same treatment will never shop on CCL again. To make your experience a little bit better I am offering you a 25% discount on your next order. PM me for details.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:50:52 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Lee is consistently one of the top Buyers on CCL and a class act. The treatment he has received from Don and Curious Goods is embarrassing and unacceptable. I don't know what happened behind the scenes (and Lee is using admirable restraint) but there is no way you should let any personal feelings affect your business practices.

I don't know Don, never dealt with him, almost assuredly never will.

Good luck getting your money back, Lee. And I know it's not entirely about that but the principal of the matter.

Guess I'm getting the fist now! That's OK, I've got a couple of my own.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:38:45 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Lee and I have been communicating on CCL about this and he has been keeping me in the loop. It is embarrassing to CCL to have this kind of behavior and treatment of a buyer to the site...especially from a long-time seller on CCL and to such a good customer as Lee. Lee is also a customer of mine as well, so this isn't acceptable seller behavior. CCL tries not to involve itself in the affairs of buyers and sellers, but we can insure that this doesn't happen again from the same seller....like, ever.

I will be reaching out to Don as a fellow professional to try to make this right, but I've already been told by those above me that future selling on CCL is not going to be an option for him.

We expect all our sellers to be as quality as they are from Day 1. It's upsetting when something like this happens because it reflects badly on our site.

lbej
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:42:03 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I don't know what happened behind the scenes (and Lee is using admirable restraint) but there is no way you should let any personal feelings affect your business practices.

Nothing went on behind the scenes; that maybe what baffles me the most. I haven't said anything Don that I haven't also posted here. I asked for my books or a refund, and then I asked for an explanation when I didn't receive either. When I didn't receive an explanation--in fact, none of my last three PMs were read--I took the steps I've described.

I made no statements other than statements of fact, and I did not send any messages to Don or Angie containing any insults or attacks. This is an important point, not because it helps me feel better--it doesn't--but because no one waiting on an order or a refund should assume I brought this on myself by saying something to offend Don, other than what you can read here in this thread. That doesn't mean he'll cheat you, too--if I don't know why he did this to me, it follows that I can't predict his behavior one way or the other--but I believe it would be a mistake to assume you're safe because you've kept quiet. Maybe you are--and again, I truly hope that's the case--but nothing about this makes sense to me.

lbej
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 12:07:10 PM

Let me also say this, for the record: CCL is the best place to buy comics, bar none. The few bad experiences I've had over the last four years are dwarfed by literally hundreds of great experiences I've had with dozens of sellers. I'm not going anywhere.

kevscomics
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 12:19:20 PM

lbej wrote:
Let me also say this, for the record: CCL is the best place to buy comics, bar none. The few bad experiences I've had over the last four years are dwarfed by literally hundreds of great experiences I've had with dozens of sellers. I'm not going anywhere.

Awesome to hear!
freakdylan
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 1:04:34 PM

comicscastle wrote:

Lee, I have been following this with interest and I really feel bad for you and any others being ripped off. This not only reflects on Don but on CCL in general and as such every other store on CCL. I know you don't feel that way as you have done business with many of us in the past, but I'm sure there are other buyers who placed their first order with Don and if receiving the same treatment will never shop on CCL again. To make your experience a little bit better I am offering you a 25% discount on your next order. PM me for details.

Too cool! See it is cool things like this that keep me here. They have a couple of store owners here who have always impressed me and made me wish I could buy more from them. Until that day ComicCastle...

As to the Don issue it is really sad it came to that with these orders. I know he has 75 orders pending and hope those ship with a lot less troubles.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

b0bafett
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:10:26 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Well got 2 of my orders so far. The first order was a bunch of comics I order for my daughters birthday & got them 2 days before her birthday this past week-end
The 2nd order got 2 of the 12 variants order. I did get a reply from Angie saying they will ship the rest of the books or refund once the rest of the orders are caught up. Here's keeping my fingers crossed
Atilla2k
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:01:18 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

The_Valiant_One wrote:
CCL tries not to involve itself in the affairs of buyers and sellers, but we can insure that this doesn't happen again from the same seller....like, ever.

I will be reaching out to Don as a fellow professional to try to make this right, but I've already been told by those above me that future selling on CCL is not going to be an option for him.

We expect all our sellers to be as quality as they are from Day 1. It's upsetting when something like this happens because it reflects badly on our site.

Party Dancing Party

comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:14:26 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

The_Valiant_One wrote:
Lee and I have been communicating on CCL about this and he has been keeping me in the loop. It is embarrassing to CCL to have this kind of behavior and treatment of a buyer to the site...especially from a long-time seller on CCL and to such a good customer as Lee. Lee is also a customer of mine as well, so this isn't acceptable seller behavior. CCL tries not to involve itself in the affairs of buyers and sellers, but we can insure that this doesn't happen again from the same seller....like, ever.

But.....wait.....He is such a super great guy who is super rich and super successful. This could never happen to someone as rich and successful and great as him. I'm shocked.
scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:03:56 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

The_Valiant_One wrote:

About.Freaking.Time.

Next step is to permanently ban his abusive, rude, egotistical self from the site.

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:17:08 PM

Not sure why people who have ZERO orders pending would be asking for a permanent forum ban on someone who still has 67 outstanding orders to ship.

I think all the nasty remarks should be kept to themselves until Curious has shipped everyone. Just my 2 cents though.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

teh_longinator
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 10:50:20 PM

Groups: Member

lbej wrote:

I'm hoping I'm not one of those bad experiences. Nailbiting

I'm only a small-time fish, but I think the whole situation with Don's shop is horrible. Lee, you're a valued customer to us all, and I'm really sorry you're getting screwed like this. I'm sorry all his customers are getting screwed. I hate seeing this type of behavior, because it makes it so that less people trust CCL as a whole. Also, it worries me personally, because people see that a store of his size does this, it lowers the probability of someone taking a chance on us small-time operations.

I've only been on the forums as of late, so only a few encounters with Don's forum ettiquette. I don't like him, personally... but that's just me. I'm not a huge fan of arrogance.

Just my two cents.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Spider-Man
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 7:02:34 AM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

freakdylan wrote:
Not sure why people who have ZERO orders pending would be asking for a permanent forum ban on someone who still has 67 outstanding orders to ship.

I think all the nasty remarks should be kept to themselves until Curious has shipped everyone. Just my 2 cents though.

He does not need forum access to ship orders. He just needs to pull, package and ship the orders. Any time spent posting anything, including what orders are on their way, is time taken away from shipping.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

kevscomics
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 12:22:37 PM

I received a long box full for 1 of my orders yesterday...out of probably 300 books, 5 were missing, the missing 5 totaled $1.05 in purchase price, contacted CG&C and got a same day email back from Angie about the missing books. This particular order was placed on March 31. so they are definitely still shipping, not sure what has happened in Lee's situation...