Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
will definately not be keeping the store open...still processing and shipping orders though Options
lbej
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 7:13:34 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

freakdylan wrote:
Not sure why people who have ZERO orders pending would be asking for a permanent forum ban on someone who still has 67 outstanding orders to ship.

I think all the nasty remarks should be kept to themselves until Curious has shipped everyone. Just my 2 cents though.

I don't advocate a forum ban; so long as Don isn't being abusive in the forums I don't see how banning him from posting his shipping updates hurts or helps people like me whose orders aren't being shipped. It's hard not to be offended, on a personal level, to see other orders (apparently) going out while I can't even get my PMs read, but I don't wish my situation on anyone else.

I do take issue with the tone of this post. If freakdylan or any other customers want to play cheerleader or just keep quiet in hopes that Don will ship their orders, that's their business. To tell the rest of us that we should play cheerleader or keep quiet as well is out of bounds. Don never held back with the nasty remarks when he was active on these boards and I see no reason anyone else should be expected to spare his feelings now.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 8:12:23 PM

Groups: Member

lbej wrote:
I do take issue with the tone of this post. If freakdylan or any other customers want to play cheerleader or just keep quiet in hopes that Don will ship their orders, that's their business. To tell the rest of us that we should play cheerleader or keep quiet as well is out of bounds. Don never held back with the nasty remarks when he was active on these boards and I see no reason anyone else should be expected to spare his feelings now.

1st let me say I hope you get your order, Don still has 67 orders to go so you dont know for a fact you wont receive your books yet. I really cant speak about your orders because I dont know your situation, your PMs etc. It does suck you havent received your books yet but 67 other orders havent shipped yet as well so you arent alone.

As to my TONE or cheerleading I am not sure where you read that. I also dont know where you got the idea of me telling you to shut up.

All I said is some of the nasty anti DON posts are from people who have no orders pending. I was stating you dont ban someone who has made zero negative posts here just because you dont like them. They have nothing vested in these 300 orders that were delayed, shipped slow or missing comics.

Banning Don would accomplish nothing except please the people who dont like him on a personal level, it wont get you your comics or mine any quicker.

I received 2 of my orders and still have one pending but I dont worry about the small stuff. If it arrives great if not oh well.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

lbej
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 8:59:24 PM

Freakdylan, I agreed with you that Don shouldn't be banned. I disagreed that anyone who has anything negative to say about Don should hold his tongue--so long as they stay within forum rules. Don's brought a lot of this on himself with his behavior towards other CCL members over the years, although I never had any problems with him before this last, disastrous sale. Let me be clear, though, that I didn't think you were telling me specifically to shut up, and I've got no issues with you. I think everyone who wants to vent here can and should. There's not much else I can do at this point.

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 9:09:23 PM

lbej wrote:
Freakdylan, I agreed with you that Don shouldn't be banned. I disagreed that anyone who has anything negative to say about Don should hold his tongue--so long as they stay within forum rules. Don's brought a lot of this on himself with his behavior towards other CCL members over the years, although I never had any problems with him before this last, disastrous sale. Let me be clear, though, that I didn't think you were telling me specifically to shut up, and I've got no issues with you. I think everyone who wants to vent here can and should. There's not much else I can do at this point.

lol, no beef here. I truly do feel for you and think the whole thing sucks. Like I said until Don says all orders shipped I would hold out hope.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:31:21 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator

I am guessing that I am the person that Freaky is referring to.

And, while i recognize that I have, in fact, been out of character negative about Don on here. I did it for a reason.

That reason is that I smell a snake oil salesman. I smell a scam.

I admit that there may not be one. Don may just have gotten in over his head and engaged in some poor business practices in order to try to get out from under.

But......There have been multiple scam artists that have preyed on the comic buying community and, only peoples' silence allows these things to continue. I sensed an opportunity to warn people about a possible scam artist before he got out of hand like some others before him and really started to screw people out of more than a few bucks.

And...Don, through his own behavior necessitated that I be more brutal and blunt in my approach. If you have paid any attention to him over the years you know he doesn't engage in civil debate. he attacks peoples' character with little regard for decency at the slightest whiff of even the slightest dissaproval of him (kind of the way truly guilty people act when being accused).
I didnt want to allow him the chance to muddy the waters by attacking my character when I have absolutely nothing to do with this other than as an intelligent observer trying to help others avoid a very possible scam.

freakdylan
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:35:53 AM

comicuniversity wrote:
I am guessing that I am the person that Freaky is referring to.

Actually it was towards Scott, who I think is a great approver so dont get me wrong not saying anything bad about him. I just dont see how a forum ban does anyone any good.

As to the Don thing, I seriously doubt it was or is a scam, he had about 400 orders and has shipped over 300 of them with very little issues. A few people have been missing a few $3 comics. (Except for lbej who seems to be getting screwed). I think it has more to do with Don realizing he ripped himself off with this sale and isnt putting much effort into it, thus very slow shipping, slow communication etc, but orders are shipping if slowly.

Sure Don is an A$$ but oh well so am I, lol.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:35:19 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

It may be that Lee (Lbej) simply bought a ton of books & was saved til last, over the years Lee is one of the top 2 or 3 spenders here behind PTGRTS.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

lbej
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:17:35 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:
It may be that Lee simply bought a ton of books & was saved til last

I did buy a ton of books, and this explanation would make sense if not for (1) Don's refusal to respond to or even read my messages, (2) Angie's broken promise of a refund for books already missing from orders, and most significantly (3) Don's failure to respond at all to me or to Paypal during the weeks-long dispute process, the result of which was a complete reversal of the covered charges. He still owes me $127 in comics and hasn't communicated with me--other than the lie about issuing a refund--or shipped an order of mine in two-and-a-half months. How does all that add up to anything other than fraud?

CrossbowComics wrote:
over the years Lee is one of the top 2 or 3 spenders here behind PTGRTS.

Yikes. Don't tell my wife.

freakdylan
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:35:22 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:
It may be that Lee (Lbej) simply bought a ton of books & was saved til last, over the years Lee is one of the top 2 or 3 spenders here behind PTGRTS.

Saw someone say this before how do you know this or is it guess? I see stats on stores but not members purchase habits.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:41:17 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Look at the links on the left side of the screen. Very bottom--"Misc. Stats". Contains top rated buyers and sellers, in terms of dollar transactions.
comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:00:53 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
Look at the links on the left side of the screen. Very bottom--"Misc. Stats". Contains top rated buyers and sellers, in terms of dollar transactions.
Viewable only by store owners. Regular membership can't see it.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

SilverOkami
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:04:18 AM

Hey, has anyone heard from Don/Curious Goods lately? I just received my shipment, only a week and a half after it was shipped (seems long for TX to NM, but whatever) and three books weren't included. I have sent them a message, and maybe it's only unread because I sent it around 4pm TX time, but last time I messaged them (back in April some time after I ordered the books), I received a response from Angie the same day. If I don't get those books, I'll only be out $4.00, but considering I did pay for them in a timely manner and was very interested in having them, I would like to get them regardless.
b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 5:57:17 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Don posted on his facebook page he had a death in his family.
lbej
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 6:35:35 AM

b0bafett wrote:

With all due respect, that's got nothing to do with it. I still haven't received my books, my money back, or any explanation. I don't wish suffering on anyone, and I am truly sorry for any personal loss Don and his family may have experienced. But let me be clear: Don and Angie took my money, didn't ship my books, promised a refund they never issued, and failed to respond to me or to a Paypal inquiry. Don hasn't shipped one of my orders in nearly THREE MONTHS. Back in April he disappeared and it was for an 'unexpected' week-long business trip--I filed Paypal claims anyway and recovered some of my losses (some transactions were too old already). How many buyers accepted the 'business trip' explanation and didn't file in time? Don doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Flagwaver
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:29:57 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

This past Tuesday I sent a message asking when my order from 4/10 was going to ship and stated that I still need a refund for the books I did not receive from two prior orders. I also mentioned that they need to refund the money for any books that are not going to ship with this last order BEFORE it is sent. That same day I received a reply saying my order was scheduled to ship that day and, to my great suprise, I found an email notification in my box when I got home. The order is going to arrive today and I am just curious as to how many books will be missing. Needless to say, I am certain I will have to send another message demanding a refund for the books that I PAID for but never received. Like Ibej said, Don has pretty much exhausted any benefit of doubt. I feel sorry for his loss, but this situation has been going on for months.
b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:46:11 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Hey all I was doing was replying to SilverOkami question. Someone posted on a friends page one of Dons family members passed.

Heck I'm also waiting on books/refund
lbej
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:42:57 PM

b0bafett wrote:
Hey all I was doing was replying to SilverOkami question. Someone posted on a friends page one of Dons family members passed.

Heck I'm also waiting on books/refund

I wasn't attacking you at all, my apologies for coming across that way. I only wanted to put the information you provided in context. The only people I have a problem with are Don and Angie, period.

Flagwaver
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:32:00 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

The last order arrived today and I was shocked that no books were missing, especially since this was the largest order I had placed. I sent another request for a refund for the books I never received from previous orders. Don't expect to get it but at least it is finally over.
SilverOkami
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:36:10 AM

b0bafett wrote:

Well, that is unfortunate...

lbej wrote:
With all due respect, that's got nothing to do with it. I still haven't received my books, my money back, or any explanation. I don't wish suffering on anyone, and I am truly sorry for any personal loss Don and his family may have experienced. But let me be clear: Don and Angie took my money, didn't ship my books, promised a refund they never issued, and failed to respond to me or to a Paypal inquiry. Don hasn't shipped one of my orders in nearly THREE MONTHS. Back in April he disappeared and it was for an 'unexpected' week-long business trip--I filed Paypal claims anyway and recovered some of my losses (some transactions were too old already). How many buyers accepted the 'business trip' explanation and didn't file in time? Don doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt in April because they told me, "sorry for the delay, we've been super swamped with orders due to the annual markdowns and then with the closing sale markdowns." I might add that Angie included no capitalization, but did include punctuation. I don't know if that's her normal thing, laziness, or what...But as an aspiring novelist and as a person who messaged them in a professional manner, I found it annoying. And at this point, I have 25/28 of my books, but I want those other three books. I even told them (in my yet-unread message) that I would be willing to pay postage for an envelope to get them to me. I really hope they finish the job and fix their messes soon.
Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2013 9:52:09 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Yeah if it was readable it was written by Angie, and if it looked like it was written by an illiterate 3rd grader it would be Don...

SilverOkami wrote:
I really hope they finish the job and fix their messes soon.

Don't count on it.