Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL is back! Who ya got? Options
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:50:06 AM

Groups: Member

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Boston held the League's top scoring team - Penguins - to two goals in four games. Now they face the NHL's second top scoring team. Boston was third in goals allowed but guess who was on top in that category? That's right, your Chicago Blackhawks.

That's why I think we will see a bunch of 1-0 or 2-1 final scores, possibly an overtime or three and (I hope) a Hawks win in 5.

These stats you have given us probably means we will see some 6-5, 5-3 games. It seems that whenever two strong defensive teams matchup we get a shootout. By that I mean high scoring, not the skills competition used to determine games in the regular season (thank God they don't use shootouts in the playoffs).
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:54:54 AM

Kopfschuss wrote:

A guy from my hometown is playing for the Preds! Gabriel Bourque!

He was a hell of a player in the QMJHL! He played for Baie-Comeau Drakkar, his hometown (mine too!) club!

Bourque is a great young guy with a lot of potential. Hopefully he keeps it up and doesn't fall off like so many young guys have in the past.

The only guy that I am aware of to ever make the NHL that grew up in Tennessee was Blake Geoffrion. Not real sure if you can even count him since he comes from Montreal Canadian legends and was born in Florida. Sucks that his career was cut short to a skull fracture, I thought he was going to be pretty good.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:25:27 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
not the skills competition used to determine games in the regular season (thank God they don't use shootouts in the playoffs).

Damn right about that!

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
Kopfschuss
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:41:40 PM

I'm so pumped for tonight!!!

- Weed
- Wine
- Girlfriend
- Friends
- My #19 Toews Red Blackhawks Jersey

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!
Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:21:18 AM

It took 3 overtime but Andrew The Warrior Shaw scores for the WIN!

3 more to go!!!!

GO HAWKS!!!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:39:55 PM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
possibly an overtime or three

I wasn't talking about in Game 1!

The way it went yesterday (and this morning) I think every game in these Finals will go to overtime. I had the Hawks buried after 2-0 AND 3-1 but they still pulled it out.

Good thing Game 2 isn't until Saturday, my blood pressure could use the rest!

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Hall Liquidations
Kopfschuss
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 8:17:13 AM

I really hoped Hawks would have played today and give me a WIN for my birthday! Oh well!

They'll play on the 15th instead of the 14th...!

I don't care if they offer me a present or not... just win the game!!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 9:30:16 AM

Shop at My Store

Happy Birthday, Dan! Hopefully you will get a belated present from the Hawks in 3 or 4 games!

Hall Liquidations
Kopfschuss
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2013 3:21:12 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Happy Birthday, Dan! Hopefully you will get a belated present from the Hawks in 3 or 4 games!

Thanks man!

Unfortunately, it'll be in MINIMUM 5 games... but I don't think we can win 2 on the road! :P
Kopfschuss
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:13:36 AM

Wow...

What the eff was that?

Never saw this bunch of guys playing SO poorly!!

16 in 56 at the faceoff circle
0 in 4, 3 shots on the PowerPlay
Poor effort

Disgusting... if they continue that way, we are out in 5 !!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:13:29 PM

Shop at My Store

I'm glad they took care of the issue with the playing surface. Monday's game was painful to watch with the players floundering around and the puck skipping and bouncing all over the place. Apparently between the heat, humidity and rain right before the game the ice was basically slush.

Hawks have some great energy, I loved the short-handed goal. Bad penalty kill, Saad is usually better than that. Need to regain momentum.

Observation: Tuukka Rask doesn't give up many rebounds. He's like a vacuum cleaner hoovering up pucks.

Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:05:06 PM

Shop at My Store

Nooooooo!!!!!!! Overtime again! Holy cow, what a crazy game. On the bright side, at least the Hawks have not yet trailed ant they finally got a power play goal.

It's going to be another late night, or maybe not. They've both been scoring rather quickly...

Hall Liquidations
Kopfschuss
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 8:46:09 AM

Tonight is the beginning of a Best-of-3 Stanley Cup Finals!

Let's hope Hossa will be back in the lineup, let's hope Crawford will be better than last game, and... let's sure hope Coach Q will keep the Bickell-Toews-Kane line intact!

Go Hawks!! Let's win this tonight!!
Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2013 6:14:08 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Kopfschuss wrote:
Go Hawks!! Let's win this tonight!!

Atta-Boy Kane!Applause

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 5:39:39 PM

Shop at My Store

I'll say it right up front - Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals is the most exciting thing ever. But I want the Blackhawks to win tonight! If it was any other team representing the Western Conference I would probably be rooting for a seven game series. But I don't want to give Boston a chance. They are scary good and I wouldn't be surprised if they won the next two games. They did it a couple of years ago to Vancouver.

I will be on the edge of my seat tonight!

Toews looks to be back, he skated in the morning practice. Not sure about Bergeron, going to the hospital during a game isn't a good sign.

If the Bruins are smart they'll leave the doors open and turn the ice into a Slurpee again!

Hall Liquidations
Atilla2k
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 8:09:16 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I'll say it right up front - Game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals is the most exciting thing ever. But I want the Blackhawks to win tonight! If it was any other team representing the Western Conference I would probably be rooting for a seven game series. But I don't want to give Boston a chance. They are scary good and I wouldn't be surprised if they won the next two games. They did it a couple of years ago to Vancouver.

I will be on the edge of my seat tonight!

Toews looks to be back, he skated in the morning practice. Not sure about Bergeron, going to the hospital during a game isn't a good sign.

If the Bruins are smart they'll leave the doors open and turn the ice into a Slurpee again!

Yeah man!

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 9:00:14 PM

Shop at My Store

Looks like they're skating in soup out there. I heard one of the announcers say that humidity is 80% and there are puddles at the blue line. Guess that's the price you pay for summer hockey!

Good thing the game isn't in Texas or Arizona!

Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 9:57:58 PM

Shop at My Store

To borrow an immortal phrase from baseball's Vin Scully - "I don't believe what I just saw!"

I was cringing at the thought of having to endure a Game 7 and then BAM! 2 goals in 17 seconds!

Holy cow!

Props to the Bruins, it was a great series!

I need to check my blood pressure...Party Tongue Dancing

Hall Liquidations
Kopfschuss
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:13:56 AM

All I have to say is... WOW!!

Dave Bolland's goal was AWESOME!!

Second Cup in 4 years, I'm so happy!

I thought Crawford would have got the Conn Smythe tho, I was kind of surprised it was Kane's...
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:21:52 AM

As much as it pains me to say it, congratulations to the Blackhawks. Congrats to Howie and Kopfschuss, it's great when you get to experience your team winning it all, if only all Chicago fans were as respectful as you two. Now, I get to deal with even cockier Hawks fans when they come to Nashville. It wouldn't be so annoying if it wasn't for the whole cheering through the National Anthem, totally disrespectful in my opinion. But I have already vented on that issue several times in this forum. Hopefully one day my Preds will be hanging a banner of their own.

Man it's been a crappy start to 2013 in sports for me. The Blackhawks (NHL), Heat(NBA), Ravens(NFL), and Alabama (NCAAF) all champions. About the only way that list gets any worse for me is if you put the Gators in Bama's place. The countdown to football is on. Go Vols (University of Tennessee).