Where is Brett's Comic Pile? Options
SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:24:05 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
They didn't sell much while they were open, items for sale only fell by about 200. I was going to do some shopping & saw the free shipping option was gone, that I'm ok with, the 15 cent per item charge was a turnoff though, should ditch that. I'm guessing it's a bag & board charge.

It was only a few days, no? They may just have needed to go into vacation mode for a variety of reasons.

That said, the inventory was about 1/10th of what it used to be and everything got a 50-100% price increase on top of the shipping fees

The inventory was the same, just over 300k books. I have my hands full with 15k, I can't even imagine having 20 times that. I'd have to hire Mel and 3 of her friends lol.

When I looked at it (this weekend maybe) there were only 40-45k.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:27:56 PM

Shop at My Store

ebcomix wrote:
I really can't imagine why anyone cares about Brett's Comic Pile. I've been disappointed in the grading (especially for an Overstreet Advisor, no credit whatsoever) and the games with Shipping marked shipped two or three weeks before it actually goes out the door

I gave them a no rating and villain in the two orders I ever made. Bad grading, wrong books, missing books, terrible communication and the need for PayPal intervention to get refund. That said, I'm trying to give Brett some benefit of the doubt since he wasn't directly involved then. Not planning to order since nothing changes the generic VF/NM grading.

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:17:07 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
They didn't sell much while they were open, items for sale only fell by about 200. I was going to do some shopping & saw the free shipping option was gone, that I'm ok with, the 15 cent per item charge was a turnoff though, should ditch that. I'm guessing it's a bag & board charge.

It was only a few days, no? They may just have needed to go into vacation mode for a variety of reasons.

That said, the inventory was about 1/10th of what it used to be and everything got a 50-100% price increase on top of the shipping fees

The inventory was the same, just over 300k books. I have my hands full with 15k, I can't even imagine having 20 times that. I'd have to hire Mel and 3 of her friends lol.

I think you were looking at his home page, which showed about 45,000 unique items. The store locator page showed he had about 300,000 total items for sale (which counts multiples of the same item for sale).

By the way--where's your store??
scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:35:07 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

I think you were looking at his home page, which showed about 45,000 unique items. The store locator page showed he had about 300,000 total items for sale (which counts multiples of the same item for sale).

Swifty's is probably on vacation mode.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:00:44 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

kevscomics wrote:

Howie, do you work for Bretts?, I think I read this way back when, but was just wondering...

Yes I do Kevin. I have worked for Brett off and on for almost 10 years now. I started out just part time and sorting collections he had bought. Eventually I began pulling and shipping orders and soon I was the Shipping Manager with that sole responsibility. When I was Shipping Manager we had a perfect record on eBay (all positive feedback) and the only non-Hero on CCL was 1 Mortal. A guy complained that the Poor condition comic he bought was over graded.

Just over two years ago Brett had to make the difficult decision to reduce staff from 4 guys to 1. Just economics, nothing to do with our performance. Unfortunately, the individual entrusted with running the business abused that trust and quickly racked up bad feedback and got Brett restricted on eBay as well. Not trying to shift blame, Brett's name is on the business. Has he made a bad decision or two? Yes. But who hasn't?

I am back and we are working to identify the Inventory issues. I will answer anything you want to ask as honestly as I can and in as swift a manner as possible.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:04:48 AM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:

Yes, it's a huge inventory. He also has probably 4x that not listed. It's in pretty good order but as you can imagine if something has been mis-filed it's basically lost. We are trying to make sure that the items for sale match what is in the stock. It's embarrassing when you can't deliver what someone purchased.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:10:30 AM

Shop at My Store

ebcomix wrote:
I really can't imagine why anyone cares about Brett's Comic Pile. I've been disappointed in the grading (especially for an Overstreet Advisor, no credit whatsoever) and the games with Shipping marked shipped two or three weeks before it actually goes out the door

That's the best thing about Comic Collector Live. There are dozens of quality stores for you to shop with. We would love to have your business but you are well within your rights to buy from whomever you want.

Yes, the grading on some issues is spotty. As the person who will be shipping comics I will pick the best issues available and if something is way out of whack I will communicate with the Buyer and we will work to resolve the issue.

There will be no games with shipping. My personal policy is to notify the customer that the order has shipped only after I have dropped it off at the Post Office.

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:13:50 AM

Shop at My Store

ratrapp wrote:
I did place an order with brett's but sadly he couldn't find two metal men issues he had listed.

I am very sorry that I couldn't locate those issues for you. One of the reasons why we are back on Vacation Mode is so that we can find where the gaps in the Inventory are and remove any comics from the store that are no longer available. Thank you for understanding, I will do my best to make sure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:22:53 AM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
I gave them a no rating and villain in the two orders I ever made. Bad grading, wrong books, missing books, terrible communication and the need for PayPal intervention to get refund. That said, I'm trying to give Brett some benefit of the doubt since he wasn't directly involved then. Not planning to order since nothing changes the generic VF/NM grading.

Thank you for your willingness to reconsider your stance. I can tell you that I never send an order out with wrong or missing books. I know that was a problem the last two years but I wasn't working for Brett at that time. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience, it was certainly undeserved.

I double and triple check each order that goes out of the door and will take personal responsibility for any error that I might make. That being said, I rarely make errors. If I encounter a problem with an order (missing book, wrong grade, etc.) I will communicate with the Buyer and try to resolve the issue before sending out an incorrect or incomplete shipment.

There will never be a need for PayPal intervention as long as I have any say in it.

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:35:23 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Thank you for your willingness to reconsider your stance. I can tell you that I never send an order out with wrong or missing books. I know that was a problem the last two years but I wasn't working for Brett at that time. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience, it was certainly undeserved.

I double and triple check each order that goes out of the door and will take personal responsibility for any error that I might make. That being said, I rarely make errors. If I encounter a problem with an order (missing book, wrong grade, etc.) I will communicate with the Buyer and try to resolve the issue before sending out an incorrect or incomplete shipment.

There will never be a need for PayPal intervention as long as I have any say in it.

I can't imagine having to keep 300k books organized, lol
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:36:03 AM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

I only ever compare the home pages of stores. Mostly because it doesn't matter to me if you have 284 copies of the same 90s Superman book. But that home page number used to be in the hundreds of thousands.

And my store is in vacation mode because we are actually on vacation and I'm away from the iventory for 8 days. Don't want people ordering when I can't even pack them until the 4th of July.

And now a spoken word or two from my three year old sitting on my lap wanting to type/dictate: yes yellow hey you uh

SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:37:30 AM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Knowing you are now the one in charge of pulling orders gives me confidence to try again when Brett's is back.

ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:48:38 AM

Groups: Member

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. That's all I've got to say.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:03:51 AM

Shop at My Store

ukblueky wrote:
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. That's all I've got to say.

I am sorry that you feel that way but you are entitled to your opinion.

I will never try to fool anyone. I will be as open and honest as I can. I take great pride in my work and will do everything in my power to meet and exceed expectations.

My integrity is very important to me. If I put my name behind something then I am all in. 100%

I guarantee, for as long as I am in this business (or any other), that I will do my utmost best to take care of my customers. Because after all the Customer is the most important part of having a successful business.

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:15:03 AM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
Knowing you are now the one in charge of pulling orders gives me confidence to try again when Brett's is back.

Thank you. That's all we're asking. After all, isn't this America? The land of the second chance?

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:19:36 AM

Groups: Member

MoonKnight1 wrote:
ukblueky wrote:

I am sorry that you feel that way but you are entitled to your opinion.

I will never try to fool anyone. I will be as open and honest as I can. I take great pride in my work and will do everything in my power to meet and exceed expectations.

My integrity is very important to me. If I put my name behind something then I am all in. 100%

I guarantee, for as long as I am in this business (or any other), that I will do my utmost best to take care of my customers. Because after all the Customer is the most important part of having a successful business.

It's nothing personal against you. After all the problems I had with Brett's store and the complete lack of give a damn from the store or Brett. I will never give another nickel to Brett or any store with his name on it no matter whose running it now.

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:36:58 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
kevscomics wrote:

Howie, do you work for Bretts?, I think I read this way back when, but was just wondering...

I am back and we are working to identify the Inventory issues. I will answer anything you want to ask as honestly as I can and in as swift a manner as possible.

Hey moonknight you know I love you and your store but have a question. One of the reasons Bretts closed was due to the whole speculating orders. Will that change? I remember when Brett got a ton of issues when everyone thought Superior Spiderman was going to be related to Spiderman 2099 and Brett refused to ship out the comics at price sold and caused huge hate thread? Is this going to change with you in charge? If I buy 100 copies of an issue at $1 you have listed and for what ever reason they are selling on ebay for $25 will my order be cancelled so Brett can make more money elsewhere? On a side note would never do that Devil but figured should be asked.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:39:38 AM

Shop at My Store

ukblueky wrote:
It's nothing personal against you. After all the problems I had with Brett's store and the complete lack of give a damn from the store or Brett. I will never give another nickel to Brett or any store with his name on it no matter whose running it now.

I completely understand and I am not taking it personally. After all, whatever happened with you had nothing to do with me. You are correct though, there was a complete "lack of give a damn". If I were in your place I would probably do the same. Had I been in charge at the time then I promise that things would have turned out differently.

I am very sorry for the issue that you had and if there is anything that I can do please let me know. If you had missing comics or whatever please send me a PM and I will try to make amends.

Anyone out there who has had a problem: Please let me know and I will try to correct things. You can either PM me directly or send the message to Brett's Comic Pile. I will respond to all concerns.

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:50:16 AM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
Hey moonknight you know I love you and your store but have a question. One of the reasons Bretts closed was due to the whole speculating orders. Will that change? I remember when Brett got a ton of issues when everyone thought Superior Spiderman was going to be related to Spiderman 2099 and Brett refused to ship out the comics at price sold and caused huge hate thread? Is this going to change with you in charge? If I buy 100 copies of an issue at $1 you have listed and for what ever reason they are selling on ebay for $25 will my order be cancelled so Brett can make more money elsewhere? On a side note would never do that Devil but figured should be asked.

Hi Dylan, thanks for the kind words! You're awesome too!

Brett and I have differing opinions concerning allocation. It it were me and my store then that would never happen. He is the boss and has final say but if something like that were to come up again then I would strongly urge him to honor the sale.

We are attempting to restructure the inventory to ensure that a situation like that doesn't arise again. We are eagerly awaiting the highly anticipated CCL upgrades that will make this an easier task.

To all: Please continue to express your concerns, I'm wide open today and will be happy to address them.

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:36:42 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I'm not a huge fan of Brett's, either. I remember sending private messages repeatedly requesting a scan of a certain book, and being ignored. His service was almost Don-esque. I'm not certain I've ever dealt with you, Moony.

I was interested in possibly giving the store another chance. When I looked at the Store Locator, Brett's had over 300 books from my wantlist listed. However, I also saw that the shipping options had changed (no more free shipping) AND that a per-book charge had been added. That right there means I'll never shop with Brett's.