Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Where is Brett's Comic Pile? Options
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:00:11 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Tamwood wrote:
When I looked at the Store Locator, Brett's had over 300 books from my wantlist listed. However, I also saw that the shipping options had changed (no more free shipping) AND that a per-book charge had been added. That right there means I'll never shop with Brett's.
Just over 200 for me, but ditto on the available shipping "options". I'll go elsewhere, thanks I hate it when people nickel and dime me to death.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
pottersan
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:07:26 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
kevscomics wrote:

Howie, do you work for Bretts?, I think I read this way back when, but was just wondering...

I am back and we are working to identify the Inventory issues. I will answer anything you want to ask as honestly as I can and in as swift a manner as possible.

Hey moonknight you know I love you and your store but have a question. One of the reasons Bretts closed was due to the whole speculating orders. Will that change? I remember when Brett got a ton of issues when everyone thought Superior Spiderman was going to be related to Spiderman 2099 and Brett refused to ship out the comics at price sold and caused huge hate thread? Is this going to change with you in charge? If I buy 100 copies of an issue at $1 you have listed and for what ever reason they are selling on ebay for $25 will my order be cancelled so Brett can make more money elsewhere? On a side note would never do that Devil but figured should be asked.
That's one of the biggest reasons that keeps me from shopping at Brett's.

I had the same situation come up with Thor 344 1st Malekith the dark elf. Speculuation on the issue drove iit up to $15-$25 on eBay.

I had 3 issues in the store for $1.75 each and was unaware of the rise in price.

How did I handle it?

I shipped them all and congratulated the buyer on deal.

Bret should have done the same in my opinion. That woul be astore that would get my money.

Moon Knight, you know I like your store.

Hopefully you'll have a positive influence on BCP.

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Jim
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:19:56 PM

Groups: Member

pottersan wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
kevscomics wrote:

Howie, do you work for Bretts?, I think I read this way back when, but was just wondering...

I am back and we are working to identify the Inventory issues. I will answer anything you want to ask as honestly as I can and in as swift a manner as possible.

Hey moonknight you know I love you and your store but have a question. One of the reasons Bretts closed was due to the whole speculating orders. Will that change? I remember when Brett got a ton of issues when everyone thought Superior Spiderman was going to be related to Spiderman 2099 and Brett refused to ship out the comics at price sold and caused huge hate thread? Is this going to change with you in charge? If I buy 100 copies of an issue at $1 you have listed and for what ever reason they are selling on ebay for $25 will my order be cancelled so Brett can make more money elsewhere? On a side note would never do that Devil but figured should be asked.
That's one of the biggest reasons that keeps me from shopping at Brett's.

I had the same situation come up with Thor 344 1st Malekith the dark elf. Speculuation on the issue drove iit up to $15-$25 on eBay.

I had 3 issues in the store for $1.75 each and was unaware of the rise in price.

How did I handle it?

Bret should have done the same in my opinion. That woul be astore that would get my money.

Before he went on vacation mode again I looked at his shipping option and there was a new *note at the bottom of the options that stated "We reserve the right to allocate issues...". That probably answers your question...

I also found it interesting that his forum post stated the closure had nothing to do with anything that happened on the forums yet that *note in the shipping options directly reflects what happened...

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:30:34 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
Tamwood wrote:
When I looked at the Store Locator, Brett's had over 300 books from my wantlist listed. However, I also saw that the shipping options had changed (no more free shipping) AND that a per-book charge had been added. That right there means I'll never shop with Brett's.
Just over 200 for me, but ditto on the available shipping "options". I'll go elsewhere, thanks I hate it when people nickel and dime me to death.

Mine is not the final say but I am advocating a return of a free shipping option and the elimination of the per book fee.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:43:46 PM

Shop at My Store

pottersan wrote:

How did I handle it?

I would have handled it the same way as you did.

I will do whatever I can to change the poor perception that exists (and rightfully so) about BCP. Reputations, good or bad, are earned and I for one don't want to be perceived negatively.

In the end I want to do what's best for my store, Brett's and more importantly - Comic Collector Live. If I thought for a minute that re-opening BCP would have an adverse effect on CCL then I wouldn't be a part of it. I think there is a place for that type of store and I'm hoping that when we get things fixed and are back up and running that we will bring more eyeballs to the site. Win-win for everyone.

Thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:51:14 PM

Shop at My Store

Tamwood wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of Brett's, either. I remember sending private messages repeatedly requesting a scan of a certain book, and being ignored. His service was almost Don-esque. I'm not certain I've ever dealt with you, Moony.

If that was your experience then no, you were not dealing with me!

I answer all communications and I believe that everyone deserves to be treated with courtesy and respect until I am given a reason to do otherwise.

Hall Liquidations

SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:02:41 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Knowing you are now the one in charge of pulling orders gives me confidence to try again when Brett's is back.

Thank you. That's all we're asking. After all, isn't this America? The land of the second chance?

Having a single person to deal with is a huge benefit in my mind. Both as a buyer and approver, I find it very frustrating to deal with an unknown number of employees behind a single user ID. Most of whom are pretty clueless about comics and business.

But, yeah, let's get the shipping better. If nothing else, a reasonable and realistic flat rate.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:25:05 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Mine is not the final say but I am advocating a return of a free shipping option and the elimination of the per book fee.

Thanks for answering other question :)
I really never buy multiple issues on speculations, always get burned but was curious.

As to shipping I could care less about what a store charges for shipping. I base my buys on prices with shipping. So if a comic is $0.50 cheaper so what if they charge $0.15 shipping. Most of the stores I spend my money on here charge shipping and yet prices are always better then those stores with free shipping, hmmmmm, lol

Well good luck MoonKnight and hope it all works out for you.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:44:11 PM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
But, yeah, let's get the shipping better. If nothing else, a reasonable and realistic flat rate.

Agreed. I will use all of the influence I have to get that done.

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:45:29 PM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
Well good luck MoonKnight and hope it all works out for you.

Thanks Dylan! If it doesn't work out it won't be because I haven't tried.

Hall Liquidations

4saken1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:59:50 PM

Shop at My Store

I think a lot of the problems that plagued BCP are the same that CG&C. When you've got 100k+ comics for $0.50 or &1, and don't have the staff to support the amount of business you are likely to do, mistakes are going to be made and delays will happen. I think it's actually a good thing that BCP has decided to price many of their comics at $1.47 now instead. Hopefully those packing their orders (apparently Howie) will be able to pay more attention to what get's sent out and subsequently recieve fewer 'Mortal' and 'Villain' ratings.

I placed a couple of orders before they went on 'Vacation Mode', so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out OK. Nailbiting Pray

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:31:45 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

You would think Brett would be the one doing the posting to make everyone feel better. Moon you keep saying my store but its Brett store (unless your a 2nd account) Whats to keep Brett from doing the same crap that he has done in the past?
ratrapp
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:41:16 PM

I have never had a problem with brett's and when they couldn't find 2 issues I was notified and not left unaware.
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:07:57 PM

b0bafett wrote:
You would think Brett would be the one doing the posting to make everyone feel better. Moon you keep saying my store but its Brett store (unless your a 2nd account) Whats to keep Brett from doing the same crap that he has done in the past?

I dont think Moon ever said "My Store" except in reference to his own store (Hall of Heroes)

Also if I remember right Brett doesnt even live in the same state as his comics, so I would rather hear from the guy in the warehouse then some guy 200 miles away.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:32:43 PM

Shop at My Store

b0bafett wrote:

Great question. My store Hall of Heroes is completely separate from Brett's Comic Pile. I have my own inventory (amassed during 30 years of collecting comics) and my own policies. As Brett's employee I follow his directives, but he does listen to my opinions. I want his store to do well because I want Comic Collector Live to do well and anything that hurts CCL hurts me as well.

As long as I have any input, I will do my best to provide quality service. Brett is not a bad guy and neither am I. We don't want to screw anyone over. Every time that I have informed Brett about a problem he has given me the green light to take whatever measures that I deem appropriate to solve the issue. The problems that occurred in the recent past are regrettable and they won't happen again if I am in control.

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:52:50 PM

Shop at My Store

4saken1 wrote:
I placed a couple of orders before they went on 'Vacation Mode', so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out OK. Nailbiting Pray

You have nothing to worry about Jeff! I sent your order yesterday, please let me know when it arrives.

Hall Liquidations

b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:31:45 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Quote:
The problems that occurred in the recent past are regrettable and they won't happen again if I am in control.

That's the thing your not in control Brett is.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 8:44:46 AM

Shop at My Store

b0bafett wrote:
Quote:
The problems that occurred in the recent past are regrettable and they won't happen again if I am in control.

That's the thing your not in control Brett is.

True. I stand by my record. Six years as Shipping Manager with no negative or Villain feedback.

Brett allows his employees to perform their jobs without direct supervision. Which works well when you have someone like me, who takes pride in doing a good job and looks out for the better interests of the company, running the day-to-day operation.

Had I remained in charge the last two years we wouldn't be having this conversation. That's water under the bridge, however, and now we need to restore our tarnished reputation.

Even though the mess was not of my making I want to try and clean things up. I am already helping one member who experienced difficulty and I ask that anyone else who had problems with your order(s) to send me a message, either a PM or on this post, and I will do what I can to fix things.

I'm hoping that we will be back open soon. There are still some issues that need to be taken care of.

I apologize to anyone who was mistreated and ask for your forgiveness. I promise that as long as I remain employed at BCP I will do everything in my power to completely fill any order and solve problems before they become problems. That's all I have to offer.

Hall Liquidations

Thundercron
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 11:37:46 AM

Shop at My Store

Alright, since this is becoming "BCP--This Is Your Life!", I'll add a comment: any reason why Brett doesn't leave feedback for stores in the few times he's ordered from other shops here? I actually had Brett order a few books from me on two occasions. Two feedback ratings ain't a big deal now, just a drop in the bucket. It's just the principal of the thing, y'know, from one store to another store...
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 11:48:47 AM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
Alright, since this is becoming "BCP--This Is Your Life!", I'll add a comment: any reason why Brett doesn't leave feedback for stores in the few times he's ordered from other shops here? I actually had Brett order a few books from me on two occasions. Two feedback ratings ain't a big deal now, just a drop in the bucket. It's just the principal of the thing, y'know, from one store to another store...

I have no answer for that.

I believe in leaving feedback whether I am a Buyer or Seller. If you leave me one then I definitely respond.

I feel the same way as you, feedback is an important part of this whole process and when we open back up I will leave feedback regularly.

Hall Liquidations