Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
back from california! Options
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 12:29:44 PM

Groups: Member

so just got back the national training center at ft. Irwin. about 40 miles from 29 palms. pretty much a month of hell. with 120 plus degrees it really sucked. it was so hot the turret and sights for the bardley fighting vehicle stopped working and burned out. i'm so damn sick of deserts!

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

kisstour03
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 2:39:05 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Glad you're back and didn't melt. Grab a comic, a cold one and an air conditioner and relax for a bit.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 4:37:20 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hey Quent!

Good to see you back. I noticed you weren't around for a while and thought you might have gone overseas again.

Next time you should request arctic training!

How was your Fourth?

Howie

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 5:06:54 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Hey Quent!

Good to see you back. I noticed you weren't around for a while and thought you might have gone overseas again.

Next time you should request arctic training!

How was your Fourth?

Howie
Well I got enough blizzard trtaining here in colorado during the winter lol i'd take over that heat any day. My fourth wasnt to bad. i was on the bus heading back to fort carson during the fourth but we got to see some fireworks driving through las vegas.
kisstour03 wrote:
Glad you're back and didn't melt. Grab a comic, a cold one and an air conditioner and relax for a bit.
way ahead of you! first time i got any AC in 4 weeks

rook68
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:02:53 AM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
so just got back the national training center at ft. Irwin. about 40 miles from 29 palms. pretty much a month of hell. with 120 plus degrees it really sucked. it was so hot the turret and sights for the bardley fighting vehicle stopped working and burned out. i'm so damn sick of deserts!

Was in the US Army many years ago. Did some training exercises at Ft. Irwin in the middle of summer while I was in. I remember how hot it was out there. Sleeping in pup tents. It was definitely a experience I will never forget.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:04:26 PM

rook68 wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

Was in the US Army many years ago. Did some training exercises at Ft. Irwin in the middle of summer while I was in. I remember how hot it was out there. Sleeping in pup tents. It was definitely a experience I will never forget.

I was stationed at 29 Palms for 3 years with a 7 month stint in the Middle East during that time - HotHotHot!!!!!!

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 5:15:21 PM

rook68 wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

yeah sleeping in a turret was a pain lol i'd take the half shelters lol

BruceReville wrote:
rook68 wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

I was stationed at 29 Palms for 3 years with a 7 month stint in the Middle East during that time - HotHotHot!!!!!!
you aint kidding brother lol