Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Opens Brick and Mortar Store in August: The Thread. Options
KnifeTricks
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:20:25 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Moderator

While the debate rages in the comic book industry over print vs digital comics, ComicCollectorLive.com is showing their support for tradition by opening a brick and mortar comic shop to accompany their existing online marketplace.

“Since 2007, ComicCollectorLive.com has helped tens of thousands of collectors better manage and inventory their comic book collections with an easy-to-use and affordable desktop software product,” says GoLoco Media Group CEO and Creator of Comic Collector Live Joe Butler. “We’ve been in the same building since we launched (CCL) and over the years we’ve had many fans of our products call us up and ask to stop by our offices just to say hello, so this is just a logical move for our company.”

Located in the newly-remodeled offices of GoLoco Media Group, the “CCL Emporium” (as it’s affectionately called by the staff) will carry New and Back-issue Comic Books, Trade Paperbacks, Hardcovers and more. The Comic Collector Live store is also a designated store for 3rd party grading comics via CGC and includes a dedicated Kid’s Section for young readers to enjoy. You can also special order items in advance of their release.

“The storefront is a work in progress and a labor of love,” says CCL’s Site Director Steve Boyd. “We really want to add to the flavor of Hendersonville by giving folks a place to get introduced to comics or a local stop for stuff they already enjoy buying. Plus, it’s a great way to promote the CCL website and Super Sellers as well…giving people an existing and trusted marketplace to buy over a million comics and collectibles online with Comic Collector Live.”

The storefront will also carry a wide array of exclusive limited edition variant comic books from properties such as THE LONE RANGER, AVENGERS, GHOSTBUSTERS and more.

Since 2007, the ComicCollectorLive.com Online Marketplace has sold over 1.4 million comics to collectors worldwide.

The Comic Collector Live Retail Store is located at 131 Sanders Ferry Road Suite 201 in Hendersonville, Tennessee and opens Saturday August 10th 2013 at 10am. The first 25 people in the door will receive a special CCL Comic Gift Bag and any new hold customers can sign up for 25% off their monthly comic pull list. The store will be open from 10am-6pm Monday-Saturday.

Additionally, an exclusive coupon for 10% off your total purchase will be given out at CCL’s 2nd Annual SuperHero Day Event at The Academy of Indian Lake Village in Hendersonville on Saturday July 20th from 10am-2pm courtesy of Coupontagious.com.

For more information about Comic Collector Live or their new retail location, please call 615-264-4747.

Here's the link to the article on the GoLoco website.

comicscastle
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:19:19 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

How is this exciting for us? CCL is spending its money on a brick & mortar store when it should be making its on-line operation better. I'm sorry but this is not exciting news to me.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:23:44 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Agreed. How exactly does this benefit existing customers or provide the long promised upgrades and improvements to the software?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:47:00 PM

Groups: Member

lol, Oh I knew the sparks were going to fly, popped my popcorn and everything.

Hey at least now you guys know they arent spending all that cash on women and booze.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:49:49 PM

Plus he did say this

KnifeTricks wrote:
Plus, it’s a great way to promote the CCL website and Super Sellers as well…giving people an existing and trusted marketplace to buy over a million comics and collectibles online with Comic Collector Live.”

So look flyers for their customers :) promoting ccl Laughing

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

KnifeTricks
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:51:45 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Moderator

The addition of the CCL store serves as an example that CCL is still something we want to keep alive. We now have a physical face to the digital name. If anything, this should let you know that future updates are coming to the site. If we didn't plan on bettering CCL this store wouldn't exist.

Also, it's really freakin cool.

Quote:
Agreed. How exactly does this benefit existing customers or provide the long promised upgrades and improvements to the software?

What? Should we not even post on CCL anymore unless we come bearing updates and gifts for everyone?

Updates will be here. Why not be excited for the store instead of being upset that it isn't an update? We're genuinely stoked for this, and I think you guys should be too.

Quote:
CCL is spending its money on a brick & mortar store when it should be making its on-line operation better. I'm sorry but this is not exciting news to me.

It isn't a matter of money. It's a matter of relevance. This company has other projects we're trying to move forward with, but now we finally have enough hands on deck to have lenience towards things like CCL. Your updates will come, guaranteed.

I expected to be met with this type of response, because I understand that you guys want updates, but why not be stoked that we're actually doing something with CCL? Sad

Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:05:13 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Just tell us one thing--is this the big announcement Steve and others have been hinting at for the last couple months?

People are upset because this isn't what anyone was expecting--or wanting--from CCL. I don't need to check, but I'm certain that the need for CCL to have a brick and mortar store hasn't been on ANY user's list of things they wanted to see from CCL.

Plus, it just seems that the work involved in setting up this store is just time diverted away from things user's want to see done.

Is this going to be a full-on store? With new releases every week, box customers, back issues? I could ubderstand a low-key gift shop of sorts, with trades and toys or whatever. But a full on store just seems like a distraction.
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:06:11 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:

Hey guys! Make sure you read the full article for a couple answers to these questions...but here's a few added extra:

To us, it's a promotional extension...like going to a show...except we're making use of our space by being open like a shop all the time.

There's money being spent on development now with 2 different programming firms for updates. CCL needs every possible revenue stream and this is a perfect way to help do it...especially since our office was remodeled to incorporate a sales area. We are a digital media company as well, and we have clients coming in and out all the time. Instead of filling the office up with stuff to make us comfortable, we can fill it with stuff that will make more money that CCL can use.

We'll have some pics up soon, but for example, we've got a TV set up with the CCL website so we can promote the site and going to the site to buy it if we don't have it in stock. We will also be selling CCL PROMO MERCHANDISE like t-shirts, stickers and more to brand us.

Additionally, CCL will NOT be selling products that are already listed for sale on CCL by other Super Sellers. Just our variants and exclusives like normal with the exception of adding CCL t-shirts to the mix.

Applause
Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:24:37 PM

Shop at My Store

Thanks for clarifying, Steve. So it's not really a comic book store, per se. More like the CCL Souvenier Shop.

Sounds fine to me.
Flagwaver
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:41:01 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

So, basically, a lot of time and money has been spent on opening a glorified gift shop instead of actually doing something to improve the site/ software. How many people do you expect to walk through your doors to justify this waste of resources? I hate to break it to you but your office in some podunk town is not going to be tourist attraction that will bring in tons of money. You know what will? By making a good website and program that actually improves in terms of functionality and performance. That would be something that will generate good word of mouth and bring in new users. Also, maybe at a con, instead of just trying to sell mediocre books from the '90s, you could have a computer running the desktop software on a big screen monitor to show people what the software does. THAT would be a better use of money than a gift shop. It would be nice if you were just honest and admitted that CCL is suffering a slow death. No more promises of "coming updates." It is time to put up or shut up.
pottersan
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:17:52 PM

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
Xylob wrote:

Hey guys! Make sure you read the full article for a couple answers to these questions...but here's a few added extra:

To us, it's a promotional extension...like going to a show...except we're making use of our space by being open like a shop all the time.

There's money being spent on development now with 2 different programming firms for updates. CCL needs every possible revenue stream and this is a perfect way to help do it...especially since our office was remodeled to incorporate a sales area. We are a digital media company as well, and we have clients coming in and out all the time. Instead of filling the office up with stuff to make us comfortable, we can fill it with stuff that will make more money that CCL can use.

We'll have some pics up soon, but for example, we've got a TV set up with the CCL website so we can promote the site and going to the site to buy it if we don't have it in stock. We will also be selling CCL PROMO MERCHANDISE like t-shirts, stickers and more to brand us.

Additionally, CCL will NOT be selling products that are already listed for sale on CCL by other Super Sellers. Just our variants and exclusives like normal with the exception of adding CCL t-shirts to the mix.

Applause
Hmm... Then I say, Yippy Kay Yay!

Are you open to franchising?

It's not what I 1st thought. Thanks for the clarification.

Very nice concept.

How about an indoor venue for customers to shop on CCL?

Or maybe consignment for CCL stores?

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:19:03 PM

KnifeTricks wrote:
Quote:

Why not be excited for the store instead of being upset that it isn't an update?
Because it's a stupid, pointless, gigantic waste of time and resources.
Comic book stores are closing everywhere - now is not the time to open one.
How much brand recognition is an LCS in the middle of nowhere going to really provide?
How exactly will this LCS in a "city" with barely 50,000 people in a suburb of a city of only 600,000 do any good for CCL as a whole?
What is your expected daily income from this store?
How many bodies through the door do you expect based on the demographics of your location? Sure, the overwhelming majority of population is "white" so there's plenty of nerds, but what is the average age, income, and employment status?

"Why not be excited for the store instead of being upset that it isn't an update?" - because it's a slap in the face of the majority of your users, that's why. It's a giant middle finger with hairy knuckles.

KnifeTricks wrote:
Updates will be here.
Uh-huh. August, right?
Heard that before. Action speaks louder than words and there's been lots of words but ZERO action for years.

KnifeTricks wrote:

I expected to be met with this type of response, because I understand that you guys want updates, but why not be stoked that we're actually doing something with CCL?
Because you're NOT and this is a great way of showing it.

The_Valiant_One wrote:
Additionally, CCL will NOT be selling products that are already listed for sale on CCL by other Super Sellers.
At least you had a brief moment of clarity and realized that you'd lose all of your sellers if decided to compete with them...
This isn't "like going to a show" because I can promise you 10,000 people aren't going to go out of their way to be there at 10am on August 10th. Prove me wrong, I freakin' dare you.
The first 25 people in the door to receive a special CCL Comic Gift Bag will be your friends and family...
Gimme a link to the awesome commercial you're running on WKRN, WRCB, WREG, WKXE, WSMV, WCYB, and the rest of the numerous local television stations. Show me how much you're promoting this extravaganza and let's see some cold hard numbers on how much money you expect visiting clients to spend when they visit you for business and decide to do some funny book shopping afterwards.

I read the full article and it has very little additional info over the original post in this thread. In fact, looks like copy/paste to me.

I hope you're enjoying your shiny hardwood floors, cool new office furniture, and sweet remodel. Those are things the entire CCL community are also enjoying and reaping the benefits of - especially the paying customers who voluntarily contribute to the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of the database you're selling them access to (the software is FREE!!).

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:21:25 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Truthfully, I was thinking some of the same sentiments everyone else has voiced on here. I'm just not the guy that wanted to be so blunt about it.

And this is me saying it, I think I've been CCL's biggest non-employee cheerleader for the site that's here.

It's very disappointing to hear all these promises so long for updates to the site and software, and instead hearing time and resources being put towards a brick & mortal store. It's like you guys pumped us all up and got us expected to get something (instead of asking for handouts as was said, knifetrick, and I might add that you don't pay for a handout), and then pulled the rug out from under us.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:24:09 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Applause Applause Amen
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:24:11 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
...I think I've been CCL's biggest non-employee cheerleader for the site that's here...
I know it for sure.
And to see Nate say what he just did is HUGE. If Joe and Co. can't see that, they're blind.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Atilla2k
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:27:19 PM

KnifeTricks wrote:
What? Should we not even post on CCL anymore unless we come bearing updates and gifts for everyone?

Post away, it lets us know someone's here.... But I could do w/ some updates and gifts. I like GIFTS!

KnifeTricks wrote:
Your updates will come, guaranteed.

Waiting

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:46:43 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
...It's very disappointing to hear all these promises so long for updates to the site and software, and instead hearing time and resources being put towards a brick & mortal store. It's like you guys pumped us all up and got us expected to get something (instead of asking for handouts as was said, knifetrick, and I might add that you don't pay for a handout), and then pulled the rug out from under us.

KnifeTricks wrote:
Should we not even post on CCL anymore unless we come bearing updates and gifts for everyone?
Yes, he did in fact have the gall to imply that his paying customers were a bunch of ungrateful whiny b!tches because they expect what they've been promised for years and years.
Excellent business sense!
Kinda gives that "thanks for the money sucker, now (banned) off" sort of vibe, doesn't it?

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Khaine
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:47:40 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

I'm not a seller but, this whole deal sounds like a huge conflict of interest.
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:48:53 PM

Oh this is good, I missed the other thread dying. lol

Remind me never to get in an argument with Xylob, dude you just put on an a$$ whipping display, lol.

I am curious though why the approvers dont simply go on strike until something is done. If the approvers went on strike no new comics would be added crippling this site in very short order and force the owners to step up to the plate. Seems to me the approvers really have the power to force a change by crippling the owners revenue stream.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:57:31 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

freakdylan wrote:
Oh this is good, I missed the other thread dying. lol

Remind me never to get in an argument with Xylob, dude you just put on an a$$ whipping display, lol.

I am curious though why the approvers dont simply go on strike until something is done. If the approvers went on strike no new comics would be added crippling this site in very short order and force the owners to step up to the plate. Seems to me the approvers really have the power to force a change by crippling the owners revenue stream.

That seems a bit extreme. All I meant is that we should see some of the promises already made be made good on before their focus is shifted to another project.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here