Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Recent Comic Book Pick Ups... Options
freakdylan
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 2:38:17 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Kingsman wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
Was on vacation for a week so had bad week for collecting but had these waiting for me when I got home.

Also got in Amazing Spiderman #641 sketch variant but right after I took pic, lol

I love seeing your Amazing Spider-man hauls . . . thanks for sharing!

Thanks man, sadly as I buy more the price keeps going up on ones I am missing, lol. I just hit the 100 comic mark so 100 issues to go for complete ASM set.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

JimmmKelly
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 6:41:41 PM
Groups: Member

freakdylan wrote:
Was on vacation for a week so had bad week for collecting but had these waiting for me when I got home.

Also got in Amazing Spiderman #641 sketch variant but right after I took pic, lol

I've never been a huge Marvel fan. Back in the '60s, I enjoyed the opening theme music for the Spider-Man cartoon, but the actual story didn't do anything for me. I only bought a couple of issues of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN--I reget to say--those being issues 61 and 62.

My copy of 61 is pretty hashed up, but 62 is in fair to good condition. I really liked it--because of that Medusa cover and the action with Medusa inside. Not enough to continue buying the title (as a little kid with limited funds, I stayed away from comics with continued story lines and mainly stuck to titles that had a complete story in one issue).

Still think that's one of the best covers on any Marvel comic.

MY FAVOURITE FUNNIES
rook68
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 9:48:03 PM

freakdylan wrote:

Nice.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

ratrapp
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:36:49 PM

I picked up several incredible hulks and amazing spider mans today.the steal was hulk 271 (first rocket raccoon)in fine to very fine shape for $4 dollars.look liked it had been sitting in the box for a good while.i got hulk#s 264,265,271,355 and 373 plus amazing spider man 349,350,366,367,368,371 and 372 plus justice league #22(new 52) for $44 dollars.was very happy.
junkmonkey
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:08:27 PM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

Got some back issues with my pull:

New X-Men(2001) #115
X-men(1991) #161
All New X-Men #11, and #12
Fantastic Four(1998) #3, and #4

jmbarnes101
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:20:12 PM

My last visit to the comic store got me the following for $4.50.

Young Justice 2, 8, 21 (now have the series through 38)
Robin 32 (Legacy)
JLApe annuals - Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Superman, and Green Lantern

A trade with ratrapp got me Metal Men 51 and 56

And a trade with a friend got me a custom bound copy of the 1980's maxi-series DC Challenge.
4saken1
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:43:50 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Just got Goon Color Special in the mail yesterday, completing my Goon collection! Party

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:46:52 PM

4saken1 wrote:
Just got Goon Color Special in the mail yesterday, completing my Goon collection! Party

I was just reading the kickstarter campaign to make a goon movie yesterday so bought a few of the TPBs, lol

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

4saken1
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 8:00:28 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
I was just reading the kickstarter campaign to make a goon movie yesterday so bought a few of the TPBs, lol

Do you know how close they are to making their goal? I heard they were making a movie a couple of years ago, but haven't really heard any recent news.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 8:58:21 PM

4saken1 wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

Do you know how close they are to making their goal? I heard they were making a movie a couple of years ago, but haven't really heard any recent news.

It was fully funded Big Grin
Goon The movie kickstarter link

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

freakdylan
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 6:26:56 PM

Ok so time for another Amazing Spiderman update

Got these back issues in this week *WOO HOO*

oh and

Plus a few reprints and a long sought after Campbell Lizard variant

Also managed to make a sweet trade with guy in NY for 25 different ASM #666 store cover variants.

All in all a good week but next week is looking bad so might have to come revisit this post next week, lol.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

rook68
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:34:09 PM

Picked up X-O Manowar current series, issues #11-14. After reading I want to pick up the prior issues to this volume. DC Kung Fu Fighter #1. Oh yeah. Crisis On Infinite Earths issues #7 and #8. Temporary deaths (LOL) of Supergirl and Barry Allen Flash. DC Comics Presents #26, first Teen Titans. Uncanny Xmen #96, 97 and 379. Now I am have a solid Uncanny Xmen run from #96 to #544. Overall, a good month of picking up books.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

JimmmKelly
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 11:46:14 PM

rook68 wrote:
Picked up X-O Manowar current series, issues #11-14. After reading I want to pick up the prior issues to this volume. DC Kung Fu Fighter #1. Oh yeah. Crisis On Infinite Earths issues #7 and #8. Temporary deaths (LOL) of Supergirl and Barry Allen Flash. DC Comics Presents #26, first Teen Titans. Uncanny Xmen #96, 97 and 379. Now I am have a solid Uncanny Xmen run from #96 to #544. Overall, a good month of picking up books.

A quibble, but I would say when all is said and done that the deaths of Barry and Kara were for real and always. None of the other versions of Supergirl have been the same as the Earth-One Supergirl. And when Barry came back, was he really the Earth-One Barry? He had a different past and all that. And in any event, all those comics are out of continuity now. Oh well.

I have many of those back issues (which weren't back issues when I bought them), so a good haul. Enjoy 'em.

MY FAVOURITE FUNNIES
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:34:42 PM

i believe its the same barry. his past changed slightly after flash point if that what you mean.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Brainiac5
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:33:26 PM

Most recent as a pick up on Ebay-A Forbidden Worlds with Magic Man on ACG.
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:06:58 PM

Ok just got these in from some of my favorite stores here on CCL

Got these 3 CGC beauties from Mile High. Cant wait till later tonight when I get to release them from that carbonite CGC put them in. Cracked CGCs are the best CGC comics, lol.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Chris_Skeleton
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 1:11:12 PM

New member here and fairly new to collecting comics. My LCS is having a sale this week and all the bargain bin comics are $0.89 a lb. so I was able to get like 22 comics all for $2.95. Will probably go back up there again and grab a whole lot more.

Also picked up Guardians of the Galaxy: Quest for the Shield off eBay for $8.

My greatest finds in the last month have been finding the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy stuff. I was able to pick up issues 2 and 3 for $3, issue 10 for $3 and I lucked out and got a sealed copy of GotG: Legacy off ebay for $24 shipped. Awesome!

roguesquad
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 2:10:13 PM

Just arrived :

Marvel Super Hero Secret Wars #1,2
Fantastic Four(1961) #269
X-Factor(1986) #257

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
jmbarnes101
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 4:24:08 PM

I picked up a couple of comics for $0.50 each and Justice League: Doom DVD for $3.00.

Action Comixs 500
Adventure Comics 479
Green Lantern (Kyle) 150
Power of Shazam 19
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:32:26 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Picked up 3 What If issue at Goodwill today:

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here