Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Comic Collector Live 2014 Updates/Community FAQ Options
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 7:05:12 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,449
Points: 4,629
Quote:
Are future upgrades being pre-planned for?

The reason I ask this is because you have stated this "Overhaul" is being out sourced (hopefully USA sourced) but have already had demands for more money.


The scary thing is if they ask for more money in CCL says no guess what there goes the upgrade intill 3030
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 9:13:40 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,825
Points: 127,285
freakdylan wrote:
Are future upgrades being pre-planned for?

The reason I ask this is because you have stated this "Overhaul" is being out sourced (hopefully USA sourced) but have already had demands for more money. So what happens when site is finished and 6 months down the line users find tons of issues. Will the same dev team be under contract to perform upgrades or will you then have to spend tons of time trying to find someone new to fix. As this usually leads to issues when you then get a new set of develops monkeying around with someone elses work.


Yep. We have made it clear to development that this is a long term relationship we're building with them for updates and new versions of all our site(S).







The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 9:17:45 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,825
Points: 127,285
b0bafett wrote:
Quote:
Are future upgrades being pre-planned for?

The reason I ask this is because you have stated this "Overhaul" is being out sourced (hopefully USA sourced) but have already had demands for more money.


The scary thing is if they ask for more money in CCL says no guess what there goes the upgrade intill 3030


They already have asked for more money once. I'm not saying that we're going to pay whatever price including more than the site makes to upgrade but for now, things look better than it has in a long time.

Any questions? :)







The_Valiant_One
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:11:09 AM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,825
Points: 127,285
It's Saturday - but I'm monitoring these forums today on and off as promised in case anyone has any questions or comments!

Applause Applause





b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:59:18 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,449
Points: 4,629
Quote:
They already have asked for more money once. I'm not saying that we're going to pay whatever price including more than the site makes to upgrade but for now, things look better than it has in a long time.


Its already been stated everything is still in the early stages so more then likely we won't see anything intill next year if everything goes good.

So if they are already asking for more money in the early stages there going to want more before the project is over. So is there a back-up plan if CCL decides not to give them more money?

Also everything looks the same here unless I'm missing something. Yes CCL new store & offices look better but everything here at CCL online still is the same & falling apart.
Xylob
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:15:08 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/12/2007
Posts: 7,974
Points: 64,803
b0bafett wrote:
Also everything looks the same here unless I'm missing something. Yes CCL new store & offices look better but everything here at CCL online still is the same & falling apart.
The new servers fixed some issues with the site and made it run a helluva lot faster.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:31:58 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/3/2007
Posts: 2,947
Points: 8,902
Location: Falcon, Colorado
Rolling Eyes
The_Valiant_One wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
[quote=Alarion]Who are all these people in the comic industry who are SOOOO excited about a small comic shop opening in poe-dunk TN?


Umm I think that would be the owners and the kids of said owners, lol

Like you Alarion my subscription ends in 5 days and I am seriously debating if it is worth $30, probably not.

I will still shop here because I really like some of the sellers here, but I will probably spend more elsewhere because it is easier to find elsewhere.


KnifeTricks wrote:
We sell a years subscription as the shows. It comes with the software on a disc, and a years subscription.


But what is your retention rate on those sold discs? I would bet money its not too good. The true proof of a great product is its retention rate, so whats CCLs on those discs?


bingo... I made that decision years ago in 2010 i loved the software... but not worth 30 bucks to me. the only use i had for it was to see what books i needed. i have pen and paper or excel or whatever. I love the stores because i can find some awesome deals but real arent worth the shipping. If there was a free sample of the up coming version and its f!@king awesome then i'd be back on board but really the only thing going for CCL now are the few posters on the boards and the stores.[/]


Again, please keep this thread to the topic of the CCL RETAIL STORE. A new thread has been made for to post questions and comments about CCL and the link can be found in my last few previous posts. :)

However, in fairness...I will take a second for a response to the comments above.

It doesn't make sense.

A pen and paper hasn't improved upon itself but CCL's software adds new information in daily. But the functionality of the software has stayed the same in the way as the pen and paper. At a little less than $2.50 a month? Considering the competitions price and functionality? Even if you don't like the way the software hasn't changed looks, it still works great and is an affordable alternative to both catalog and sell your comics :)

FYI: retention rate on CD software sales is irrelevant because we only take them to shows and we only do conventions once every 30-60 days. Generally at a 1 day convention apperance, we'll sell 2-3 software CDs on average...we don't keep track of the CD sales also because we use them for promotional purposes too.

Fair enough? :). Now....back to topic!!

Applause
ok i could do 2.50 a month. i could do 30 bucks for a year but really just for what I need is just to tell me what gaps i'm missing etc. I really don't need a program for that or to tell what books i got. i can thumb through my boxes for that. until the time comes that i can no longer pull those long boxes out i'm just as content. and I really dont care about looks. end results is what i care about and really i can achieve said end result without the program. IMO, the community here is more valuable than the software.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

KnifeTricks
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:15:38 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Moderator

Joined: 8/31/2008
Posts: 353
Points: 1,059
Location: Hendersonville, TN
b0bafett wrote:
Quote:
They already have asked for more money once. I'm not saying that we're going to pay whatever price including more than the site makes to upgrade but for now, things look better than it has in a long time.


Its already been stated everything is still in the early stages so more then likely we won't see anything intill next year if everything goes good.

So if they are already asking for more money in the early stages there going to want more before the project is over. So is there a back-up plan if CCL decides not to give them more money?

Also everything looks the same here unless I'm missing something. Yes CCL new store & offices look better but everything here at CCL online still is the same & falling apart.


I've been to meetings with these people, and i'm pretty confident they're not going to ask for more money. We already gave them a steep increase once, because they told us outright that they would have been struggling if we had kept the current budget. We didn't want the site lacking, so the money was increased.

CCL does LOOK the same right now, but we've upgraded to new servers, which improved the site quite a lot.



CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:35:06 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 10/14/2008
Posts: 948
Points: 3,038
Location: look up
I hope you guys give some long thought to including advertising with the paid version. Technically it would make CCL adware & you could miss out on some positive recommendations because of that. Yes the ads load pretty quickly but you also have cookies being added that transfer data with every new page. I can take the time to add all these cookies to my block list but most people won't bother.

As for the $, you're only losing 1 unique page viewer with each subscription, 100 subscriptions would add $3k to revenue but would only affect page views by a small fraction.

I don't have access to all the stats & revenue numbers so it's hard to make an educated analysis here, I just hope you consider your stance on this carefully.




NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:01:25 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,475
Points: 60,158
Location: Redding, CA
I'm really glad to hear something. At least communicating with us relieves some of the worries (for me at least). And it makes me feel better about this brick & mortar store being around if this much effort is happening for the software at the same time.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:45:09 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,449
Points: 4,629
Quote:
I've been to meetings with these people, and i'm pretty confident they're not going to ask for more money. We already gave them a steep increase once, because they told us outright that they would have been struggling if we had kept the current budget. We didn't want the site lacking, so the money was increased.



OK So does this mean CCL doesn't have a back-up plan? With how everything is going up in price whats to say they won't need more money again toward the end of the project? I want to make sure before I waste anymore money on CCL we will see something. I know more the likely it won't be intill next year so alot of things can change between now & then. I just hope by the time whatever it's coming is ain't to late since more & more people are leaving each week.
KnifeTricks
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:05:42 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Moderator

Joined: 8/31/2008
Posts: 353
Points: 1,059
Location: Hendersonville, TN
b0bafett wrote:
Quote:
I've been to meetings with these people, and i'm pretty confident they're not going to ask for more money. We already gave them a steep increase once, because they told us outright that they would have been struggling if we had kept the current budget. We didn't want the site lacking, so the money was increased.



OK So does this mean CCL doesn't have a back-up plan? With how everything is going up in price whats to say they won't need more money again toward the end of the project? I want to make sure before I waste anymore money on CCL we will see something. I know more the likely it won't be intill next year so alot of things can change between now & then. I just hope by the time whatever it's coming is ain't to late since more & more people are leaving each week.


If things go wrong, this is what would probably happen.

Since we paid this company a large sum of money already, we would take what they have already built. We would either finish the project ourselves, or outsource it to another company.

Either way you get your updates Winking



wpmcclure
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:35:49 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/28/2010
Posts: 433
Points: 4,251
Location: Washington
BurningDoom wrote:
I'm really glad to hear something. At least communicating with us relieves some of the worries (for me at least). And it makes me feel better about this brick & mortar store being around if this much effort is happening for the software at the same time.


+1

Flagwaver
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:17:42 PM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/2/2010
Posts: 201
Points: 29,828
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
BurningDoom wrote:
I'm really glad to hear something. At least communicating with us relieves some of the worries (for me at least). And it makes me feel better about this brick & mortar store being around if this much effort is happening for the software at the same time.


What proof do you have that there is? What have they told us? Nothing. The mantra is "Trust us, it will be wonderful," but we've not been given any specifics or even a time frame. We've heard this all before and we will be getting the exact same BS this time next year when nothing has happened. But I am sure they will tell us how they've expanded the gift shop.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:58:10 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 10/14/2008
Posts: 948
Points: 3,038
Location: look up
Flagwaver wrote:
What proof do you have that there is? What have they told us? Nothing. The mantra is "Trust us, it will be wonderful," but we've not been given any specifics or even a time frame.


go back 1 page




NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 2:44:53 AM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/4/2013
Posts: 120
Points: 360
Location: Florida
I'll ask because I havent seen anything about this anywhere so far,

Will there be any marketing/advertising for CCL etc to bring in more new/old people to the site?

Because honestly the only reason I even ended up here in the first place was by chance, honestly would be a great idea to put an ad in a comic book for the site lol.

Ive stated this before in other posts and is pretty much the reason I dropped my subscription and went to eBay as the traffic there is much better and I dont mind paying the $60 a month for my store there because the traffic makes it worth it.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convince the world he didn't exist"

www.43rdstreetmtgcards.com

www.43rdstreetcomicbooks.com

pottersan
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 9:06:14 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/28/2007
Posts: 4,476
Points: 44,290
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington
43rdStreetComicBooks wrote:
I'll ask because I havent seen anything about this anywhere so far,

Will there be any marketing/advertising for CCL etc to bring in more new/old people to the site?

Because honestly the only reason I even ended up here in the first place was by chance, honestly would be a great idea to put an ad in a comic book for the site lol.

Ive stated this before in other posts and is pretty much the reason I dropped my subscription and went to eBay as the traffic there is much better and I dont mind paying the $60 a month for my store there because the traffic makes it worth it.
That's a shame too, you had some good stuff.....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!



Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 2:11:29 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,825
Points: 127,285
b0bafett wrote:
[quote]They already have asked for more money once. I'm not saying that we're going to pay whatever price including more than the site makes to upgrade but for now, things look better than it has in a long time.


b0bafett wrote:
Its already been stated everything is still in the early stages so more then likely we won't see anything intill next year if everything goes good.


By early stages I mean that the programming team is now fully briefed on the execution of the updated site, and some design and wire frames have been made. The full scope of the project is larger than just CCL. I personally would like to think they will have a completed project before the end of the year, but that's entirely on them. :)

b0bafett wrote:
So if they are already asking for more money in the early stages there going to want more before the project is over. So is there a back-up plan if CCL decides not to give them more money?


Yes. I'm coming to your house and selling your comic collection. ;)

They've asked for more money because the scope for the project are beyond what the initial estimates were. Asking for more money doesn't mean you get it. You can leverage a lot of things and stuff in contract negotiation. We could set up a "donate" button, but I don't think that's the update people want to the site ;) lol

b0bafett wrote:
Also everything looks the same here unless I'm missing something. Yes CCL new store & offices look better but everything here at CCL online still is the same & falling apart.


Well first...things are not "falling apart". The site and software functions actually better than they did a year and that's a fact. Remember, we did have a few very small and subtle changes made by Jim earlier this year and last year we moved over to more robust servers to speed up the site...especially for large stores that have lots of inventory. It's not much, and compared to the redesign, a drop in the bucket.

Little optimism here! :)





The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 2:29:37 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,825
Points: 127,285
43rdStreetComicBooks wrote:
I'll ask because I havent seen anything about this anywhere so far,

Will there be any marketing/advertising for CCL etc to bring in more new/old people to the site?

Because honestly the only reason I even ended up here in the first place was by chance, honestly would be a great idea to put an ad in a comic book for the site lol.

Ive stated this before in other posts and is pretty much the reason I dropped my subscription and went to eBay as the traffic there is much better and I dont mind paying the $60 a month for my store there because the traffic makes it worth it.


Good questions!

Of course EBay has pretty much unmatched traffic because they sell socks to Superman. But we're niche. I've mentioned this before on different threads, but this company has spent ALOT of money on advertising. Ads in Marvel and DC Comics cost upwards of $25-$35K. From 2007-2012 we have had full page ads (including back cover) in comics published by MARVEL, DC, DARK HORSE, BOOM!, MOONSTONE, MARKOSIA, ARCANA, and more. Off the top of my head, you can find an ad for us in the famed "DEATH" issue of Steve Rogers in Captain America #25.

We have developed different working relationships in an effort to cut cost with publishers over the years, and we hope to see some ads running in BOOM! again in the next couple months and moving forward other independents.

Since the site is pretty much ran (not technology ran, but "managed" so to speak) by yours truly, I do my best to hit up as many cons as I can throughout the year. CCL has appeared at WONDERCON, NYCC, MEGACON, various WIZARD WORLDS and other small press shows. In fact, CCL exhibited at DERBY CITY COMIC CON 2 weeks ago and I'll be appearing at DANCON in Chicago in September. I'm personally travelling to Canada next month to check out FAN EXPO as well...just to see if there's any synergy there as well.

Our site was built for excellent SEO (search engine optimization) and we've been grandfathered in for years. Lots of different ways to be found...and we still have people that just find us through blind luck :) So it has been. So it shall be. lol

But...I usually also remind users that our BIGGEST marketers are our users. Don't be afraid to promote us on FACEBOOK. I'll be honest: I pretty much remember faces, stores and sellers on CCL since 2007, but I do not remember you on here as a seller. Don't be afraid to post links through Twitter. Lots of stuff that can be done. :) Hope you'll consider coming back as we're just another avenue to sell.







The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 2:44:02 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,825
Points: 127,285
Flagwaver wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
I'm really glad to hear something. At least communicating with us relieves some of the worries (for me at least). And it makes me feel better about this brick & mortar store being around if this much effort is happening for the software at the same time.


What proof do you have that there is? What have they told us? Nothing. The mantra is "Trust us, it will be wonderful," but we've not been given any specifics or even a time frame. We've heard this all before and we will be getting the exact same BS this time next year when nothing has happened. But I am sure they will tell us how they've expanded the gift shop.


I'll let the fact I'm responding to this message in a thread I made to discuss this subject speak for itself. As stated in my thread rules in my first post, please keep insults to a minimum and contribute not negate. :) However, because FLAG likes to...well...WAIVE...I'll speak directly to his comment:

I can't be mad OR argue with your point of no updates. We have told the membership things WOULD happen, and then they don't. Not because we don't want to. No one loves CCL more than us. It's just been a money issue. But with all due respect, we ARE updating this site. I was able to put together the brick and mortar at no cost flipping collections and comics so $0 of this company's dollars went to give this cool home base for CCL. And it's simply another revenue stream, which is the best thing a company like us can have.

On a personal level, I'll say this: I'm still here. So are you. The difference is I still believe in what the site is, what it does, and what it will be. And the fact I'm still here should encourage you.

Applause Applause





Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.375 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241