Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Opens Brick and Mortar Store in August: The Thread. Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 10:32:04 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:
The Gift Shop is an extension of the promotional show stuff I already do.
So, I can get you drunk at the 3rd Annual Denver Comic Con next year, right?
60,000 attendees this year with guests including William Shatner (who did an impromptu reading of Where the Wild Things Are for the kiddos) and George Takai, that's some pretty serious promotion potential my friend.

Road trip? lol
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 10:43:39 PM

Groups: Member

freakdylan wrote:
Alarion wrote:
Who are all these people in the comic industry who are SOOOO excited about a small comic shop opening in poe-dunk TN?

Umm I think that would be the owners and the kids of said owners, lol

Like you Alarion my subscription ends in 5 days and I am seriously debating if it is worth $30, probably not.

I will still shop here because I really like some of the sellers here, but I will probably spend more elsewhere because it is easier to find elsewhere.

KnifeTricks wrote:
We sell a years subscription as the shows. It comes with the software on a disc, and a years subscription.

But what is your retention rate on those sold discs? I would bet money its not too good. The true proof of a great product is its retention rate, so whats CCLs on those discs?

bingo... I made that decision years ago in 2010 i loved the software... but not worth 30 bucks to me. the only use i had for it was to see what books i needed. i have pen and paper or excel or whatever. I love the stores because i can find some awesome deals but real arent worth the shipping. If there was a free sample of the up coming version and its f!@king awesome then i'd be back on board but really the only thing going for CCL now are the few posters on the boards and the stores.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:06:56 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
[quote=Alarion]Who are all these people in the comic industry who are SOOOO excited about a small comic shop opening in poe-dunk TN?

Umm I think that would be the owners and the kids of said owners, lol

Like you Alarion my subscription ends in 5 days and I am seriously debating if it is worth $30, probably not.

I will still shop here because I really like some of the sellers here, but I will probably spend more elsewhere because it is easier to find elsewhere.

KnifeTricks wrote:
We sell a years subscription as the shows. It comes with the software on a disc, and a years subscription.

But what is your retention rate on those sold discs? I would bet money its not too good. The true proof of a great product is its retention rate, so whats CCLs on those discs?

bingo... I made that decision years ago in 2010 i loved the software... but not worth 30 bucks to me. the only use i had for it was to see what books i needed. i have pen and paper or excel or whatever. I love the stores because i can find some awesome deals but real arent worth the shipping. If there was a free sample of the up coming version and its f!@king awesome then i'd be back on board but really the only thing going for CCL now are the few posters on the boards and the stores.[/]

Again, please keep this thread to the topic of the CCL RETAIL STORE. A new thread has been made for to post questions and comments about CCL and the link can be found in my last few previous posts. :)

However, in fairness...I will take a second for a response to the comments above.

It doesn't make sense.

A pen and paper hasn't improved upon itself but CCL's software adds new information in daily. But the functionality of the software has stayed the same in the way as the pen and paper. At a little less than $2.50 a month? Considering the competitions price and functionality? Even if you don't like the way the software hasn't changed looks, it still works great and is an affordable alternative to both catalog and sell your comics :)

FYI: retention rate on CD software sales is irrelevant because we only take them to shows and we only do conventions once every 30-60 days. Generally at a 1 day convention apperance, we'll sell 2-3 software CDs on average...we don't keep track of the CD sales also because we use them for promotional purposes too.

Fair enough? :). Now....back to topic!!

Applause
b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:50:48 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Quote:
Even if you don't like the way the software hasn't changed looks, it still works great and is an affordable alternative to both catalog and sell your comics :)

Sorry but doesn't work as great as you think it does hence why I haven't renewed
KnifeTricks
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:06:11 AM

Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Moderator

b0bafett wrote:
Quote:
Even if you don't like the way the software hasn't changed looks, it still works great and is an affordable alternative to both catalog and sell your comics :)

Sorry but doesn't work as great as you think it does hence why I haven't renewed

This is off topic, but does it work worse now than it did years earlier when everyone loved the software? I don't use the software, but I find it hard to believe that it's been downgraded somehow from when it was in it's prime.

I could be wrong. Again, I don't use the software.

Xylob
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:25:41 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

KnifeTricks wrote:
b0bafett wrote:
Quote:

This is off topic, but does it work worse now than it did years earlier when everyone loved the software? I don't use the software, but I find it hard to believe that it's been downgraded somehow from when it was in it's prime...
Then you obviously haven't been paying attention as you go through this thread and the previous thread you bothered to post in. Or the one you linked to with the list of problems and wants.
It's been clearly stated already that some of the so-called "updates" have caused new problems.
It's been clearly stated already that forcing round pegs into square holes isn't working - trading/gaming cards and action figures.

KnifeTricks wrote:
...Again, I don't use the software.
Then why would you expect anybody else to?
Or pay you for it?
Or believe that you know what you're talking about?
Or believe that you stand behind the product you're selling?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
KnifeTricks
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:44:01 PM

Xylob wrote:
KnifeTricks wrote:
b0bafett wrote:
Quote:

This is off topic, but does it work worse now than it did years earlier when everyone loved the software? I don't use the software, but I find it hard to believe that it's been downgraded somehow from when it was in it's prime...
Then you obviously haven't been paying attention as you go through this thread and the previous thread you bothered to post in. Or the one you linked to with the list of problems and wants.
It's been clearly stated already that some of the so-called "updates" have caused new problems.
It's been clearly stated already that forcing round pegs into square holes isn't working - trading/gaming cards and action figures.

KnifeTricks wrote:
Or pay you for it?

Although I want to stay on topic of the store, i'll make one last reply off-topic, but then i'm done Don't Tell Anyone

The software isn't useful to me, considering I only have a small collection.

I was asking a serious question. I have familiarized myself with the software, I know how it works. But I'm not an avid user of the software.

Quote:
KnifeTricks wrote:

Because it's not logical for me to use the software, but it's logical for Bob, the man with 9000 comics, to use the software.

Quote:
Then you obviously haven't been paying attention as you go through this thread and the previous thread you bothered to post in.

I have read every single response in this thread, and the previous thread, and the new FAQ.

Quote:

If I didn't know what I was talking about, or how the software works, I wouldn't be behind a booth selling to people who ask all types of questions about it.

Quote:

I stand behind CCL 100% Happy

Xylob. I understand your frustration, but what may have been explained to other staff in the past, wasn't explained to me. I'm new here and i'm just trying to gather some information, while learning in the process.

I knew that the software has new bugs appearing, but I know it isn't unusable. And I know it isn't completely broken.

If you feel the need to reply to this, shoot me a PM. I want to stay on the topic of the CCL store now.

I'll be taking some pictures of the store soon. Steve has really poured his comic oriented soul into the store, and he's done a fantastic job. It looks great, and I know he's extremely proud of it. It feels nice to walk into an office and see comics everywhere. It'll feel even nicer on a Wednesday. Tongue

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:59:20 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Wow, he admits he doesn't even use the software to everyone on this thread who's skeptical.

Again, this guy isn't doing CCL any favors by working for them. First insult the customers for being needy, then say that he doesn't even use the software he's so admamantly arguing for against all of us skeptical users. And then tries to shut everyone down that makes a point against him by trying to lead it to private message.

I don't work for CCL, so it's not up to me, but he seems like a walking PR disaster for CCL, to me.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:27:27 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
Wow, he admits he doesn't even use the software to everyone on this thread who's skeptical.

Again, this guy isn't doing CCL any favors by working for them. First insult the customers for being needy, then say that he doesn't even use the software he's so admamantly arguing for against all of us skeptical users. And then tries to shut everyone down that makes a point against him by trying to lead it to private message.

I don't work for CCL, so it's not up to me, but he seems like a walking PR disaster for CCL, to me.

Keep in mind he's new & only 16, he's also Joe's son. Sure he's got some stuff to figure out but overall I'm happy to see a little youth & energy getting involved in CCL.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:37:15 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I was just informed it's Joe's son.

That explains it a little. But with all due respect to Joe, most paying customers aren't gonna care who's son he is if he's representing CCL and this is the kind of stuff they read.

Personally, I'm gonna be giving CCL my money anyways because I do like the software and the back-issue prices.

The issue that started all of this is over now. I feel relieved after things were put a little more into the light over in the other thread and we now know a little about the situation. It seems as if effort is still being put forth for the software rather than us just being told it's coming, so that's good to hear. So this is probably my last post regarding all of this.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:37:20 PM

Whats the point no matter what anyone post we are wrong in KnifeTricks is god almighty
KnifeTricks
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:40:20 PM

b0bafett wrote:
Whats the point no matter what anyone post we are wrong in KnifeTricks is god almighty

Is it hate on knifetricks day? God almighty? I asked you a question, kindly, trying to hear you out.

This is just getting crazy now. I would normally write up a big long response, but it's not even questions anymore, it's just hate.

I'm out of this thread in hopes that it gets back on topic.

freakdylan
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 6:27:54 PM

KnifeTricks wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

Is it hate on knifetricks day? God almighty? I asked you a question, kindly, trying to hear you out.

This is just getting crazy now. I would normally write up a big long response, but it's not even questions anymore, it's just hate.

I'm out of this thread in hopes that it gets back on topic.

lol, I agree

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

pottersan
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:03:34 PM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
KnifeTricks wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:
So, basically, a lot of time and money has been spent on opening a glorified gift shop instead of actually doing something to improve the site/ software. How many people do you expect to walk through your doors to justify this waste of resources? I hate to break it to you but your office in some podunk town is not going to be tourist attraction that will bring in tons of money. You know what will? By making a good website and program that actually improves in terms of functionality and performance. That would be something that will generate good word of mouth and bring in new users. Also, maybe at a con, instead of just trying to sell mediocre books from the '90s, you could have a computer running the desktop software on a big screen monitor to show people what the software does. THAT would be a better use of money than a gift shop. It would be nice if you were just honest and admitted that CCL is suffering a slow death. No more promises of "coming updates." It is time to put up or shut up.

This is perfect example of why we debated not even posting about the store. Would you guys prefer to be left in the dark about the choice we made? We're all stoked for this. Comic book people are stoked for this.

As for what we do at cons, you have absolutely no idea how many people I talk to about CCL. I'm a software selling machine. We do fantastic at cons, so I wouldn't assume. We all know what assuming does Smug

Quote:
It would be nice if you were just honest and admitted that CCL is suffering a slow death. No more promises of "coming updates." It is time to put up or shut up.

We know CCL is struggling. We own the thing. We're not blind, and we're not ignorant. The CCL website community are the only people not excited for the store, because you guys just want updates, and you're too pissy about it to wait. If you want them instantly i'm sure I could take my HTML and CSS knowledge and throw something together for you guys. Maybe that would settle you all down.

Honestly, we KNOW that you guys are going to whine and complain and yell and throw fits until updates come, but we continue to inform you of the things we're doing because we owe it to you, even if you might not like it. Would you prefer to be uninformed? We're creating something for CCL, and the CCL community are the only ones not happy about it! Do you see the irony in that?

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Although I'm agreeing with most of what's being said by KnifeTricks, I would like to suggest a new spokesperson. I know you're frustrated with the things that are being said, but I guarantee that the tone of the above statement is about to cause things to blow up further.
It's almost like they hired batman007.....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
pottersan
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:20:38 PM

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
...to keep this one on topic about the CCL Storefront ...

In an effort to do that I'd like to revisit a few of my questions earlier in the tirade/discussion/rant....

How about an indoor venue for customers to shop on CCL? Maybe stores could offer free shipping if items were bought online through the CCL store....

How about maybe consignment for CCL stores? Along the lines of how Amazon allows you to send your stuff to the and they sell and ship for you...

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
jsoto66
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:27:15 PM

Wow. When I stopped using the software in 2010 due to ...differences...I was happy to have found another software that just had more freedom - but I always stuck around and kept a wish list here because I really do like the sellers and I've always been able to find things I wanted here.

My main argument from day one is the fact sites like this NEED a database, and that info is coming me, you, us. We/you helped this site become what it is. All your time and effort entering all those characters and artists (which you cant even separate here as penciler, inker, etc. GROAN) and what can you say you really got for it? What good is my 29354 contributor points?

I declared awhile ago, never again to volunteer participation to a for-profit company. I stopped interning years ago.

Still love you sellers tho! Stay strong.
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:30:18 AM

Quote:
My main argument from day one is the fact sites like this NEED a database, and that info is coming me, you, us. We/you helped this site become what it is. All your time and effort entering all those characters and artists (which you cant even separate here as penciler, inker, etc. GROAN) and what can you say you really got for it? What good is my 29354 contributor points?

I declared awhile ago, never again to volunteer participation to a for-profit company. I stopped interning years ago.

Main reason I haven't added my trading card collection. They don't care so why should I add them. Like you I'm now only here to buy books
4saken1
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:51:47 AM

Shop at My Store

jsoto66 wrote:
What good is my 29354 contributor points?

An awesome idea would be if they would let you trade some of them in for items in the store with a pre-set points:dollar ratio, or if they were to award prizes for reaching key milestones.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some of your comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

teh_longinator
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 9:37:28 AM

... There was a really long, well thought out post here like thirty seconds ago. Did the original poster delete it, or are we suddenly being censored by the mods?

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Xylob
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 9:42:54 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

teh_longinator wrote:
... There was a really long, well thought out post here like thirty seconds ago. Did the original poster delete it, or are we suddenly being censored by the mods?
I've been noticing a lot of that here lately...

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?