Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Comic Collector Live 2014 Updates/Community FAQ Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 2:45:12 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
I hope you guys give some long thought to including advertising with the paid version. Technically it would make CCL adware & you could miss out on some positive recommendations because of that. Yes the ads load pretty quickly but you also have cookies being added that transfer data with every new page. I can take the time to add all these cookies to my block list but most people won't bother.

As for the $, you're only losing 1 unique page viewer with each subscription, 100 subscriptions would add $3k to revenue but would only affect page views by a small fraction.

I don't have access to all the stats & revenue numbers so it's hard to make an educated analysis here, I just hope you consider your stance on this carefully.

Understood and duly noted.

CCComics
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 2:47:06 PM
Groups: Member

Will there be any site improvements or complete redesigns made to the forums? The forum searching is barely functional beyond the last few weeks and the interface is very dated.
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 3:04:22 PM

Shop at My Store

CCComics wrote:
Will there be any site improvements or complete redesigns made to the forums? The forum searching is barely functional beyond the last few weeks and the interface is very dated.

Good question, and thanks for posting.

It's not even going to be a comparison. There will be updated forums, news and reviews and a MUCH smoother store experience. The first two are the easy part, with the latter being a little more tedious. The redesign will also be VERY important to our additional projects (CENSORED) and (CENSORED), which go really side by side with CCL. For programmers out there, DOT NET NUKE is what Joe wants to use for the redesign of the site, but please don't ask any specific questions about DNN because I am a simpleton when it comes to programming. lol

As for the functionality of the forums, I have not experienced any problems navigating through the forums. I've also had no messages in this regards either. If anything, the site's speed as up thanks to the upgrade to new a new hosting company which was implemented at the end of last year. The interface IS dated and you'll get no argument from me there. This is why I pushed for a complete facelift rather than a tuck here or there. CCL just LOOKS the same way it did when it launched, and if my car looked the same way, I'd want to trade it in too. lol

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 3:05:03 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

CCComics wrote:

That is a good point. I wish the search function would go beyond 90 days. There's been times where I wanted to search for an old thread, but it didn't work because of the 90 days thing.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 3:08:49 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
CCComics wrote:

That is a good point. I wish the search function would go beyond 90 days. There's been times where I wanted to search for an old thread, but it didn't work because of the 90 days thing.

OH, is that what you meant? My apologies. I can request that those topics stay around longer if you guys think that would be a benefit.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 3:28:45 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
Little optimism here! :)

OK, I'll start!

Now I am really excited for the new look! Steve, thanks very much for listening to us and giving out more information. I know that it is going to take some time but I believe that in the end CCL will be better than most (if not all) of the other comic buying sites out there. The future looks bright...Cool !

Quote:
please keep insults to a minimum

Sure! Let's see...how about this?

Hey Steve! What do you cut your hair with - a spoon?Laughing

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

CCComics
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 3:33:45 PM

The_Valiant_One wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
CCComics wrote:

OH, is that what you meant? My apologies. I can request that those topics stay around longer if you guys think that would be a benefit.

Maybe I'm mistaken but most (if not all) of the forums I've searched have no date limit on the searching capabilities. Any way to implement that here in the new redesign?

With this site, I put something simple like Superman in the search and I get a timeout message. I know there are probably tens of thousands of references to Superman but shouldn't that not matter?

As for the library searching, will there be any redesigns to that? My specific issue with the library search was talked about in THIS POST but never addressed.
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 3:42:16 PM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:
Little optimism here! :)

OK, I'll start!

Now I am really excited for the new look! Steve, thanks very much for listening to us and giving out more information. I know that it is going to take some time but I believe that in the end CCL will be better than most (if not all) of the other comic buying sites out there. The future looks bright...Cool !

Quote:
please keep insults to a minimum

Sure! Let's see...how about this?

Hey Steve! What do you cut your hair with - a spoon?Laughing

Close! A spork! ;)

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 3:43:27 PM

Shop at My Store

CCComics wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
CCComics wrote:

Maybe I'm mistaken but most (if not all) of the forums I've searched have no date limit on the searching capabilities. Any way to implement that here in the new redesign?

With this site, I put something simple like Superman in the search and I get a timeout message. I know there are probably tens of thousands of references to Superman but shouldn't that not matter?

As for the library searching, will there be any redesigns to that? My specific issue with the library search was talked about in THIS POST but never addressed.

Hmmmm. That I wasn't aware of happening...? I will definitely be looking at that.

43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 7:01:02 PM

Thanks for the reply,

I also have another question will the new have better options for other products? ie: magic the gathering, toys, memrobilia(comic related), souveniers(comic related), etc etc?

Reason I ask is I sell thousands of cards a month, do sell some comics but not enough to be noteworthy.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convince the world he didn't exist"

www.43rdstreetmtgcards.com

www.43rdstreetcomicbooks.com

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:58:47 AM

Shop at My Store

43rdStreetComicBooks wrote:
Thanks for the reply,

I also have another question will the new have better options for other products? ie: magic the gathering, toys, memrobilia(comic related), souveniers(comic related), etc etc?

Reason I ask is I sell thousands of cards a month, do sell some comics but not enough to be noteworthy.

CCL will still give sellers the ability to sell any item that is included in the CCLdb. That being said, there is a good chance that some items might graduate into their own site and system. An extremely good chance.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:39:30 AM

Shop at My Store

Don't be shy! Anyone else have any questions? Feel free to post!

Applause Applause

scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:57:09 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Will the new site(s) have an useful (I.e. searchable) Guidelines section? Instead of the horribly narrow clunky version that we currently have?

Maybe have links in the CR system that can pop up specific sections of the Guidelines to help guide submitters and make submitting CR's easier?

b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:14:00 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Anyway to get my pm's answered?
b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:40:13 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Quick Question with everything that is coming will this increase the Software Subscription? If so by how much?
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:06:43 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

b0bafett wrote:
Quick Question with everything that is coming will this increase the Software Subscription? If so by how much?

I was wondering that as well. Owners must expect to recoup money somehow so curios how.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

comicscastle
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:52:44 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

b0bafett wrote:
Anyway to get my pm's answered?
The best way to get your PMs answered is to send them to someone who will answer them. I don't mean that to sound smart-ass. If there's anything I can help with just drop me a message. I always answer every Pm every time.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

DRUMCZAR
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 3:01:59 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

I was wondering that as well. Owners must expect to recoup money somehow so curios how.

+2

Think

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
CCComics
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 5:47:00 AM

CCComics wrote:

Still waiting for an answer on if the update/redesign will expand library searching to address my linked post.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 8:56:53 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

b0bafett wrote:

Hopefully not by much if at all, it's when they started charging $ that people started leaving. There's a danger in trying to recoup $ too fast, can choke off growth before it ever gets started, hoping they start off cheap & rebuild the customer base.

also top rated plus with all 5.0's as ideaman33
grading guaranteed within 1/2 point