2) That we dont get anything but the ability to sell on CCL after paying monthly sub fee, listing fees and final value fees. Like for example on my main eBay account store I pay a monthly fee, final value fees and sometimes listing fees, but for that I get 500 free listings every month, 20% discount on final value fees and a deep discount on shipping rates.
I'll respond back because I feel somewhat qualified to since I also sell on EBay. That's 500 free listings IF you don't do any add-ons, like subtitle and such, right? In my opinion, the back end fees are not the greatest. It's a great catch to entice you to sell, but I think it's because they are losing lots of customers over their fees. But remember, this is a company that owns PAYPAL. They could lose 10 CCL's, and still not blink. With us, it doesn't have to be one or the other...both is what I tell people. We're a good alternative to EBay OR a great supplement, depending on the amount of volume and product you have.
Well I have thousands of comics and tens of thousands of cards, but even still CCL needs to do something to get more sellers and buyers, maybe not something thats permenent but maybe something for a short period to "entice" as you said people to either sell or buy on CCL instead of eBay. The point should be not to be a "supplement" to eBay but to be a competitor, as far as comics and related products.
4) That there isnt better options as far as products are concerned, I do understand that CCL was originally made just for comics, but also as Im sure all of you will agree any comic book store I have gone to there isnt just comic books, theres trading/game cards, toys, figures, other playable games ie: heroclix, collecting supplies ie: bags, boards, frames, stands, displays etc.
We would LOVE to sell those items in CCL, but the system as it currently is built has to be "hacked" to include them. We don't want to just add stuff in that can't be properly formatted for display. For example...would LOVE to list HEROCLIX on CCL. But we would also need a way to display all the stats and mechanics on each figure, including rarity and such as well without it looking just thrown in. The GOOD news is that none of this will be a problem down the block.
That is GOOD news and one of the reasons I decided to come back, hoping that maybe I could move my entire inventory to here and leave eBay altogether but only time will tell.
6) That there isnt more people on CCL, only 92k+ registered users but theres over 7 billion people on the planet, seems like were missing something somewhere, especially seeing as CCL parent company MidTen Media is about marketing, CCL should be bursting with people, just saying.
According to Joe, research conducted several years ago for CCL stated that for every 10,000 people in a city 1 was a serious comic collector. I don't know how many comic collectors there are on the planet, but considering the number of brick and mortar comic shops out there (which I think is somewhere around 1500 now), CCL represents close to 10% of the total seller base.
Well Im not saying its not true but first issue I have with that statement is "research conducted several years ago", that in itself shows it is outdated and of no use or relevance to today. Second, Honestly the amount of actual brick and mortar stores is irrelevant as most people are now looking for things on the internet as it is cheaper and they can spend the saved time doing other things.
7) That it seems like updates or bug fixes and lack of communication of said things are lacking in many ways. To me CCL is just like anything else technology related, within 3-6 months its already obsolete/broken or outdated. To be the "Best" as is claimed by CCL you need to be up to date if not ahead of the curve. Cant just make it and let it go hoping its always gonna be great, like anything else its gonna get worn down and need some elbow grease to keep it going at top speed.
If you don't mind, I've passed this statement on to the CEO. Good and honest opinion that I hope gets taken to heart :)
Sweet, not trying to tell ya'll how to run your business or anything but one thing I would suggest is maybe ya'll could take a look at CCP, makers of EvE Online www.eveonline.com
and DUST 514, I have played and still playing this game for past 3 years, it has been around since 2003. They really listen to the players and build from that along with their own vision for the game but more importantly they update and fix almost like 24/7 and for FREE I might add implement large expansions a couple times a year every year. Most fascinating to me is they have something called FanFest http://fanfest.eveonline.com/en/default
, every year in Iceland for all the players to come have fun, listen to whats going on , whats to come and what could be in the game.
8) Reserved if I think of something later.
Fair enough. Just remember that we reserve the right to reserve the right for you to reserve. ;)
I won't comment on the love stuff...because it's spot on :)
How's THAT for a dedicated reply?
Very nice :) just proves all the Good things we've all said and more :)
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convince the world he didn't exist"