Welcome Guest Active Topics
Comic Collector Live 2013 Updates/Community FAQ Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 2:08:20 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

b0bafett wrote:
Anyway to get my pm's answered?

I read your PM...I just haven't had a chance to reply back. No secret there :)

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 2:10:30 PM

Shop at My Store

b0bafett wrote:
Quick Question with everything that is coming will this increase the Software Subscription? If so by how much?

Possibly for new membership...but dedicated members should be grandfathered in at the current rate.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 2:13:10 PM

Shop at My Store

scotteaves wrote:
Will the new site(s) have an useful (I.e. searchable) Guidelines section? Instead of the horribly narrow clunky version that we currently have?

Maybe have links in the CR system that can pop up specific sections of the Guidelines to help guide submitters and make submitting CR's easier?

The guidelines have probably been towards the bottom of the list for the designers, but we have made it clear to them we want a different, clean and smoother experience all over the site. I can't stress this enough: this will not be an UPDATE to the site as it will be an OVERHAUL. It's the difference between visiting your grandma's and visiting your Aunt's.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 2:16:42 PM

Shop at My Store

CCComics wrote:
CCComics wrote:
As for the library searching, will there be any redesigns to that? My specific issue with the library search was talked about in THIS POST but never addressed.

Still waiting for an answer on if the update/redesign will expand library searching to address my linked post.

The_Valiant_One wrote:

4 GROUND RULES:

1) Please do not post links to other threads for me to read or have to comment on first.

If the question was about update/redesign expanding library searching, then yes. The programmers have spent time registering AND playing around with CCL to see what it's lacking as well as reading requests from the past as well to get a better idea as to how it can better. Additionally, a couple of the programmers are collectors themselves, which is an awesome thing. Anything more specific than that, please reask my friend. Thanks!

b0bafett
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 6:07:31 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Quote:
The best way to get your PMs answered is to send them to someone who will answer them. I don't mean that to sound smart-ass. If there's anything I can help with just drop me a message. I always answer every Pm every time.

Thanks Pat most of the time Steve replies to them but if I see he is to busy I'll send you one
scotteaves
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 7:27:21 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

The_Valiant_One wrote:
scotteaves wrote:
Will the new site(s) have an useful (I.e. searchable) Guidelines section? Instead of the horribly narrow clunky version that we currently have?

Maybe have links in the CR system that can pop up specific sections of the Guidelines to help guide submitters and make submitting CR's easier?

The guidelines have probably been towards the bottom of the list for the designers, but we have made it clear to them we want a different, clean and smoother experience all over the site. I can't stress this enough: this will not be an UPDATE to the site as it will be an OVERHAUL. It's the difference between visiting your grandma's and visiting your Aunt's.

Looking forward to it Steve. I'd be glad to share some of my ideas with you and Joe (and the developers if you'd like). Just let me know.

I realize they're not as important as the collecting/selling aspect, but didn't want that portion to be forgotten about. Winking

And I wanted to mention it hopefully early enough that any potential for adding the connections to the Guidelines can be done as the site is designed the first time around.

Reggie
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 7:56:56 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

The_Valiant_One wrote:
b0bafett wrote:
Quick Question with everything that is coming will this increase the Software Subscription? If so by how much?

Possibly for new membership...but dedicated members should be grandfathered in at the current rate.

What do you consider "dedicated members"? Those of us who have been here a while?

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 9:00:36 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I have a question. I realize you might have to give me a vague answer but here goes.

I am getting the feeling that in addition to the CCL updates/redesign/whatever there is going to be another website launched. Possibly a companion site which would allow us to more easily buy and sell toys, trading cards, action figures, etc.

Am I close?Pray

In this hypothetical situation would there be the possibility for a package deal on store subscriptions?Daydreaming

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
comicscastle
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:04:39 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Will the new and improved, often promised and never received CCL have a new and improved messaging system? Our current PM system is so obsolete it's almost as old as I am.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 2:56:14 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
Will the new and improved, often promised and never received CCL have a new and improved messaging system? Our current PM system is so obsolete it's almost as old as I am.

Everything about the current CCL was built from scratch...and like making a pie from scratch, it's not perfect. The message system was also an ingredient that as "homemade"...but the new site will have a message system (possibly a chat feature in later update...we're playing around with that feature as well) and hopefully is one that is more to your liking, sir.

And you're not old. You're seasoned. ;)

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 2:59:02 PM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I have a question. I realize you might have to give me a vague answer but here goes.

I am getting the feeling that in addition to the CCL updates/redesign/whatever there is going to be another website launched. Possibly a companion site which would allow us to more easily buy and sell toys, trading cards, action figures, etc.

Am I close?Pray

In this hypothetical situation would there be the possibility for a package deal on store subscriptions?Daydreaming

"Stretch out with your feelings. You know this to be true."

Whether that's a STAR WARS quote, or my answer, I can't legally answer yet. ;)

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 3:25:25 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Am I close?Pray

Strong is this one in the ways of the Force. Vague you are indeed!
Hrrmmmm?

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
pottersan
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 10:25:05 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Am I close?Pray

Interesting....This takes me back a year or 2 to a phone discussion and long lost thread .....If it's what I think it might be, I've been waiting a long time for this to come to fruition....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:34:51 AM

Shop at My Store

pottersan wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Am I close?Pray

Interesting....This takes me back a year or 2 to a phone discussion and long lost thread .....If it's what I think it might be, I've been waiting a long time for this to come to fruition....

All I'll say is nothing you guys have asked for has fallen on deaf ears back then...just empty wallets. I think everyone should be pretty impressed with what's being developed.

LadyJay
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:56:47 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

I really just want 2 things...

The ability to sort stores by publishers (without which I've totally given up shopping on CCL)

And

An option to delete a book from inventory when you delist it, so you don't have to go back to MyCollections to find and delete the book.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:02:33 AM

Shop at My Store

LadyJay wrote:

An option to delete a book from inventory when you delist it, so you don't have to go back to MyCollections to find and delete the book.

I'll 2nd that one, it's not at the top of my priority list but it would be a handy timesaver. I do NOT use the update feature, I tried it once & it was up all night adding back every title I ever delisted, so never again, I delete all sale items manually.

also top rated plus with all 5.0's as ideaman33
grading guaranteed within 1/2 point
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:56:03 PM

Shop at My Store

LadyJay wrote:

The ability to sort stores by publishers (without which I've totally given up shopping on CCL)

And

The search functionality of the site SHOULD be more to your liking, and I'm pretty sure you will be able to do this.

The 2nd is really something that I haven't considered much. The software itself is used to A) catalog your collection or B) sell part or all of that catalog. I'm sure there could be a way of adding another option besides "DELIST" and "DELETE"...?

jhorsley3
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:19:06 PM

Shop at My Store

Pretty excited to read about the overhaul. I've longed used the site but never really did anything but use it for research on comic titles and runs.

What I want in CCL from a collector standpoint:

The ability to have separate collections.

I collect comics for myself and all of my kids, but as it stands they are all in ONE collection and can't really separate them out. I can create customer tags but I can't report on those tags.

I would love for the software to stay a part of it as I enjoy that aspect.

From a sellers stand point...not sure yet, still getting used to selling on CCL.
LadyJay
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:35:55 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

The_Valiant_One wrote:
LadyJay wrote:

And

The search functionality of the site SHOULD be more to your liking, and I'm pretty sure you will be able to do this.

The 2nd is really something that I haven't considered much. The software itself is used to A) catalog your collection or B) sell part or all of that catalog. I'm sure there could be a way of adding another option besides "DELIST" and "DELETE"...?

Steve, I'm not really talking about the search functions. When I first came to CCL, you could go to a store, display a list of titles available in the store, then sort that list by publisher. It made it very easy to skim through and pick out titles to look at for specific issues. (The feature went away when shelves were added.) It was a fast and convenient way to shop a store and was one of the main reasons I shopped CCL over other sites. It made CCL stores quicker to shop than other sites. Since it's been gone, the reverse is true, it takes longer to find issues I might want from a CCL store than browsing other sites.

And before anybody starts telling me I can get that with the CCL wish list function, I've given up on it. It was too much effort to keep up to date for purchases outside of CCL. I find my Word file is more convenient for me and easier to keep current.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:21:59 AM

Shop at My Store

LadyJay wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:
LadyJay wrote:

And

Steve, I'm not really talking about the search functions. When I first came to CCL, you could go to a store, display a list of titles available in the store, then sort that list by publisher. It made it very easy to skim through and pick out titles to look at for specific issues. (The feature went away when shelves were added.) It was a fast and convenient way to shop a store and was one of the main reasons I shopped CCL over other sites. It made CCL stores quicker to shop than other sites. Since it's been gone, the reverse is true, it takes longer to find issues I might want from a CCL store than browsing other sites.

And before anybody starts telling me I can get that with the CCL wish list function, I've given up on it. It was too much effort to keep up to date for purchases outside of CCL. I find my Word file is more convenient for me and easier to keep current.

Sorry I misunderstood, Jane. And yes, it's tough to beat a WORD file, which is essentially a blank sheet of paper for anything. Personally, I find them extremely handy for grocery lists, notes to my wife, paper airplanes, 1000 spitwads and "KICK ME" signs. Our goal will be finding a balance between what everyone has asked for and what we are able to deliver in the revision, but the site will be SO much easier to update and add new features. Like night and day.

On the flip side, I DO expect you to be on board with us. After all, you know where we live ;)