Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Superior Spider-Man Clashes With The New Venom Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 12:45:59 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

As a Spider-Man fan that grew up in the 90s, this news from Comic-Con has me a little excited:

http://www.newsarama.com/18412-superior-spider-man-faces-his-darkest-hours-in-venom-clash.html

Quote:
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN Faces His 'Darkest Hours' in VENOM Clash

Spider-Man vs. Venom is an iconic Marvel match-up, and one that fans have witnessed multiple times before. But not this Spider-Man versus this Venom.

The four-issue "Darkest Hours" storyline starting with November's Superior Spider-Man #22, announced Thursday afternoon at Comic-Con International in San Diego, will feature the first encounter between Superior Spider-Man (Doctor Octopus's mind controlling Peter Parker's body) and Agent Venom (the classic symbiotic, now mostly under the control of long-time Spidey supporting cast member Flash Thompson).

Co-written by regular series writer Dan Slott and his frequent collaborator Christos Gage and illustrated by Humberto Ramos (one of Superior Spider-Man's three main artists), it's said to be a meaningful conflict for both characters — with the added context that Flash Thompson grew up idolizing Spider-Man, albeit a very different Spidey than the one currently operating.

Except this time, Spider-Man will likely be the more brutal side of this classic battle. Think this might be what finally pushes Thompson's symbiote over edge (which we've seen Flash walk a few times, now)?

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:12:40 PM

Groups: Member

I wonder if the symbiote will know this isn't Peter?

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:16:47 PM

ukblueky wrote:
I wonder if the symbiote will know this isn't Peter?

Good point. But the symbiote is pretty much drugged up, and isn't really coherant until Thompson starts losing his temper and loses mental control as a result...well I guess it's pretty much a given that's gonna happen here, so it will be interesting.

Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:58:29 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

BND made it so that no one, not even the venom symbiote, knows who's under the mask. That being said they (Venom/Flash) should notice that something's not quite right in kansas....Nerd

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:19:44 PM

Whatever happened to Anti Venom?

Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:34:08 PM

Last seen during Spider-Island, he was being siphoned of all of his "other" to manufacture a cure, we were led to believe that all of Anti-Venom was needed to cure all of NYC... so theoretically there should be no more Anti-Venom.

Habusa
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:03:11 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Although we have seen the Venom/Spidey story lines before. I'm kind of excited over this one for some reason. I suppose its the new dynamics of both characters. Should be a good read!
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 5:12:36 PM

yeah from my understanding the anti venom is gone and eddie is now toxin? correct me if i'm wrong. and if i remember correctly paker did something that nullified what strange did so people wouldnt remember his ID.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 6:34:37 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
yeah from my understanding the anti venom is gone and eddie is now toxin? correct me if i'm wrong. and if i remember correctly paker did something that nullified what strange did so people wouldnt remember his ID.

But would Venom really be a part of that? It would be kind of hard to wipe the memory from the Symbiotes memory when the Symbiote was a part of Peter Parker, like 1 symbiotic organism. It was the Symbiote that knew Spider-Man was Peter, and it shared that information with Eddie.

And what happened to the cop that was Toxin before?

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 6:45:01 PM

i'm not sure how that effected the symbiotes memory. if i remember right during dark reign the symbiotes hatred combined with gorgans was a compulsing combination. as far for the toxin thing i'm not sure. i left the book before it got that far but the symbiote was hunting down all of the offspring it spawned and killing them... and the host too i think? can someone clarify this? i cant remember and im at my in laws right now.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 7:02:10 PM

found this on wiki but i couldn't tell you what issues they're in.
Return/Eddie Brock[edit]
The Toxin symbiote later appears in an underground lab in Las Vegas, having been taken and its host, Pat Mulligan, killed by Blackheart, who is secretly in charge of the operation to duplicate the Toxin symbiote and bond it to clones of X-23 as part of a soul-stealing plot. The Crime Master sends his underling Jack O'Lantern and blackmails his enemy Venom into retrieving the symbiote. A fight with security personnel results in Jack O'Lantern taking the symbiote and fleeing.[9]
Along with Venom, Anti-Venom, Hybrid and his sister Scorn, Toxin is mentioned as being the next option to stop Carnage's rampage in the Midwest after the Avengers are defeated.[10] However, the US military is unable to find Toxin, leaving it up to the hybrid symbiotes and Scorn to stop Carnage.[11]
After killing Hybrid and Scream, Eddie Brock follows Venom into Crime Master's headquarters as part of his plan to destroy all symbiotes. During the ensuing fight between Venom and Crime Master's underlings, Crime Master locks Brock up and forcibly bonds him to the symbiote, making him the new Toxin.[12] Brock joins the Savage Six to fight Venom,[13] but is severely burned in the fight.[14]
Eddie and the Toxin symbiote eventually track down Venom and discover a group of creatures called the "symbiote slayers" that are determined to destroy the symbiotes. Venom and Toxin have to team up to fight the "slayers". After this, Toxin agrees to leave Venom alone, and Eddie Brock as Toxin reclaims his title as the "lethal protector".

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 7:19:13 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
found this on wiki but i couldn't tell you what issues they're in.
Return/Eddie Brock[edit]
The Toxin symbiote later appears in an underground lab in Las Vegas, having been taken and its host, Pat Mulligan, killed by Blackheart, who is secretly in charge of the operation to duplicate the Toxin symbiote and bond it to clones of X-23 as part of a soul-stealing plot. The Crime Master sends his underling Jack O'Lantern and blackmails his enemy Venom into retrieving the symbiote. A fight with security personnel results in Jack O'Lantern taking the symbiote and fleeing.[9]
Along with Venom, Anti-Venom, Hybrid and his sister Scorn, Toxin is mentioned as being the next option to stop Carnage's rampage in the Midwest after the Avengers are defeated.[10] However, the US military is unable to find Toxin, leaving it up to the hybrid symbiotes and Scorn to stop Carnage.[11]
After killing Hybrid and Scream, Eddie Brock follows Venom into Crime Master's headquarters as part of his plan to destroy all symbiotes. During the ensuing fight between Venom and Crime Master's underlings, Crime Master locks Brock up and forcibly bonds him to the symbiote, making him the new Toxin.[12] Brock joins the Savage Six to fight Venom,[13] but is severely burned in the fight.[14]
Eddie and the Toxin symbiote eventually track down Venom and discover a group of creatures called the "symbiote slayers" that are determined to destroy the symbiotes. Venom and Toxin have to team up to fight the "slayers". After this, Toxin agrees to leave Venom alone, and Eddie Brock as Toxin reclaims his title as the "lethal protector".

Wow. That sounded like a very crowded story.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2013 4:50:52 PM

yeah it was kinda much

kidlippy
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 10:05:26 AM

Spider-Man/Peter fought Venom/Flash in Venom's early issues. With what I remember, the symbiote didn't know Peter and Spidey were the same and if it did, it didn't let Flash know this. So I don't think the symbiote will notice who Superior Spider-Man really is.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 12:00:21 PM

kidlippy wrote:
Spider-Man/Peter fought Venom/Flash in Venom's early issues. With what I remember, the symbiote didn't know Peter and Spidey were the same and if it did, it didn't let Flash know this. So I don't think the symbiote will notice who Superior Spider-Man really is.

In the early issues, Venom's symbiote was also still being drugged by the government. It was pretty much unconscious while Flash was completely in the driver's seat. Now that Flash has left the government's control, I'm not sure that would be the case anymore.

But then I don't follow the book as closely as I do other books. So I'm not completely sure on that. Just a theory.

Xylob
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 1:23:54 PM

the symbiote will free itself, cover spidey, free/resurrect/etc/blah-blah Parker, consume Doc Oc
Peter Parker is "back" and once again Spidey and the symbiote and Oc "vanish" to return next year in some ridiculous manner to sell more books.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 10:12:51 AM

Xylob wrote:
the symbiote will free itself, cover spidey, free/resurrect/etc/blah-blah Parker, consume Doc Oc
Peter Parker is "back" and once again Spidey and the symbiote and Oc "vanish" to return next year in some ridiculous manner to sell more books.
bingoApplause

kidlippy
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 11:10:54 AM

BurningDoom wrote:
kidlippy wrote:

In the early issues, Venom's symbiote was also still being drugged by the government. It was pretty much unconscious while Flash was completely in the driver's seat. Now that Flash has left the government's control, I'm not sure that would be the case anymore.

But then I don't follow the book as closely as I do other books. So I'm not completely sure on that. Just a theory.

So was the drugs to "erase" the symbiote's memories or to control it? I can't remember the drugging to be honest. Been awhile since I read it and I can't find much info about it.
I do think once the symbiote sees Spidey's face, it'll remember just like every other character has since BND.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 12:13:26 PM

kidlippy wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
kidlippy wrote:

So was the drugs to "erase" the symbiote's memories or to control it? I can't remember the drugging to be honest. Been awhile since I read it and I can't find much info about it.
I do think once the symbiote sees Spidey's face, it'll remember just like every other character has since BND.

The drugs were meant to keep the symbiote docile so Flash could be in control without constantly being influenced by the symbiote. But in moments of extreme anger or agitation, the symbiote could still assume control they found out.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 5:04:52 PM

kidlippy wrote:
if i remember right wasnt the symbiote keep the information from flash or something?