Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Age of Ultron #10 Options
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:00:26 AM

Groups: Member

Thanks Marvel for making me feel smart for passing on this "event". Of course I will be buying the upcoming Mutant event books. So my smart move may be short lived.

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:59:50 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

What I really hate about this story, is that it had potential. It started off bad, because they threw us in the middle of everything with little explanation. It ended bad, because it ended abruptly.

But the middle (the time-travel and alternate-reality stuff), was good.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
nacho
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:34:58 PM

what a lame series! it seemed like it was for book sale rather then story. marvel's in my opinion has really gone down hill I use to collect a lot of books from them now all I get from marvel is scarlet spider and superior spiderman. but those books are about to get dropped also.

teh_longinator
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:34:25 PM

nacho wrote:
what a lame series! it seemed like it was for book sale rather then story. marvel's in my opinion has really gone down hill I use to collect a lot of books from them now all I get from marvel is scarlet spider and superior spiderman. but those books are about to get dropped also.

I'm not a huge fan of the Age of Ultron. It was good-ish... That is to say that I enjoyed it. But it felt really dragged on in the beginning, and little to no explanations near the end. I felt lost. Definitely not worth my $40.

But hey, to each his own.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
LordMikel
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 1:22:25 PM

I've been avoiding this thread and a few others cause I didn't want spoilers for the end. Much to my surprise, there was nothing to be spoiled. Nothing happened. Marvel did its classic, "We're going to have this miniseries lead into a different miniseries." Which I've always hated.

And they are crossing Angela over into Guardians of the Galaxy? I don't read it, not going to, but I would've gone with a bigger book. Unless Guardians is bigger than I think.
LordMikel
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 12:51:39 PM

And a question for everyone which Wolverine survived? I was slightly confused. We had three.
Age of Ultron Wolverine who did not kill Pym.
Age of Ultron Wolverine who did kill Pym.
Morgan Le Fay world Wolverine.

I couldn't really decide which one went back in time and then which one actually survived.
Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 12:55:34 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

LordMikel wrote:
I've been avoiding this thread and a few others cause I didn't want spoilers for the end. Much to my surprise, there was nothing to be spoiled. Nothing happened. Marvel did its classic, "We're going to have this miniseries lead into a different miniseries." Which I've always hated.

And they are crossing Angela over into Guardians of the Galaxy? I don't read it, not going to, but I would've gone with a bigger book. Unless Guardians is bigger than I think.

Since Guardians is getting a movie, Marvel is going to make it a bigger book. This is one of the ways.

As I pointed out in the other Age of Ultron thread, any character or team that's newly going to be featured in a movie is going to be shoehorned into being the most important thing in the Marvel Universe.
teh_longinator
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 9:49:07 PM

Thundercron wrote:
LordMikel wrote:

Since Guardians is getting a movie, Marvel is going to make it a bigger book. This is one of the ways.

As I pointed out in the other Age of Ultron thread, any character or team that's newly going to be featured in a movie is going to be shoehorned into being the most important thing in the Marvel Universe.

And it's this reason I hope DC doesn't end up doing a huge Justice League movie.....

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Khaine
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 6:23:49 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

I stopped buying the series as soon as they hinted towards time travel. time travel makes for the worst stories (unless its Dr. Who or Flash)
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 11:46:48 AM

Khaine wrote:
I stopped buying the series as soon as they hinted towards time travel. time travel makes for the worst stories (unless its Dr. Who or Flash)

Somebody doesn't watch enough Star Trek, then.

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 12:16:13 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Sephritoth wrote:
I just feel like this could have been so much more. To me it feels like a ten issue springboard for some other event but he could have told this story in three maybe four issues.

Welcome to my feelings about everything Bendis has ever written.

"Words have meaning." - my wife
Khaine
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 1:47:36 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
Khaine wrote:

I did, then they made that horrible movie where they go back in time to save a whale and the latest horrible movie where they go back in time to save a franchise...

but that's my take. I enjoyed the original series and the first two movies but, after that Broken Heart
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 2:42:16 PM

Khaine wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Khaine wrote:

I did, then they made that horrible movie where they go back in time to save a whale and the latest horrible movie where they go back in time to save a franchise...

but that's my take. I enjoyed the original series and the first two movies but, after that Broken Heart

Classic comedy in Star Trek IV. Loved that one. You just don't take it as seriously, it's meant to be light-hearted.

Khaine
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 3:56:39 PM

I'll admit scotty talking into the mouse was funny but, it wasn't the space drama I was looking for. Not Talking

I'm not a fan of time travel it's a cop out in story telling.
Habusa
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:07:16 PM

Look like its going to get a movie.

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/post--marvel-studios-announces-avengers-sequel-info?ocid=ansent11

Not sure if they are going with the majority of the story. But it should have some elements of it in there. Being titled "Age of Ultron"
Thundercron
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 10:07:35 PM

Shop at My Store

Habusa wrote:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/post--marvel-studios-announces-avengers-sequel-info?ocid=ansent11

Not sure if they are going with the majority of the story. But it should have some elements of it in there. Being titled "Age of Ultron"

To me, that's the million dollar question. Is Age of Ultron getting a movie....or did Age of Ultron get a comic?

It seems to be that the movie treatment for this was in development long before the comic hit the stands. So now I'm thinking that maybe Bendis didn't come up with this in the first place. Like Marvel Studios came up with the idea, and they wanted Marvel's go-to guy (Bendis) to formulate the comic so there would be something to tie into the movie hype. It would sure explain why the Age of Ultron comic sucked so bad--it wasn't Bendis' baby to begin with, so he wasn't really invested into it, and possibly didn't know where to take the whole thing because he didn't come up with it.

I don't know. It just seems like it would explain a lot. Also why the whole ten issue series was so rushed onto the stands so quickly. It had to be out in time for the San Diego announcement.
SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 10:33:31 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Habusa wrote:

The movie has absolutely nothing to do with the mini-series except the name.

Joss Whedon was quoted today saying, ""Well, because there was a book called 'Age of Ultron' quite recently, a lot of people have assumed that is what we're doing, but that is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside."

"Words have meaning." - my wife
Thundercron
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:52:52 PM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
Habusa wrote:

Joss Whedon was quoted today saying, ""Well, because there was a book called 'Age of Ultron' quite recently, a lot of people have assumed that is what we're doing, but that is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside."

I highly doubt that the Avengers movie and a recent Marvel crossover event just HAPPENED to have the same name. Especially with Bendis' history of being closely associated with some of the Marvel films (he wrote the after-credits scene to the first Iron Man, for example).
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 12:00:32 AM

Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Habusa wrote:

I highly doubt that the Avengers movie and a recent Marvel crossover event just HAPPENED to have the same name. Especially with Bendis' history of being closely associated with some of the Marvel films (he wrote the after-credits scene to the first Iron Man, for example).

They've already stated Hank Pym will not be in Avengers 2. And FOX owns the rights to Wolverine and The Invisible Woman, so they couldn't be used in the film either.

Considering that, I highly doubt the film will follow the same story as the comic of the same name.

Thundercron
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 2:04:50 AM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Habusa wrote:

They've already stated Hank Pym will not be in Avengers 2. And FOX owns the rights to Wolverine and The Invisible Woman, so they couldn't be used in the film either.

Considering that, I highly doubt the film will follow the same story as the comic of the same name.

I never thought that the film would follow the comic. My point was that basically Marvel Studios said "Hey, Marvel Comics, we're cooking up this Avengers movie called Age of Ultron, but we're not going to tell you exactly what it's about for fear of spoiling the film to the masses (except to say that it's the Age of Ultron, and it's crazy), but we'd appreciate it if you'd use one of your big gun writers to come up with some comic storyline so's we have something to crossover into the comics and get the comics fans all hot and bothered by the time the movie teasers are released".

Or something along those lines.

Again, I just think it explains why the Age of Ultron comic sucked so bad--it was quickly rushed into print without much thought put into whether the execution was any good or not.