Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Habusa wrote:
Look like its going to get a movie.

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/post--marvel-studios-announces-avengers-sequel-info?ocid=ansent11

Not sure if they are going with the majority of the story. But it should have some elements of it in there. Being titled "Age of Ultron"

The movie has absolutely nothing to do with
the mini-series except the name.

Joss Whedon was quoted today saying, ""Well, because there was a book called 'Age of Ultron' quite recently, a lot of people have assumed that is what we're doing, but that is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside."

I highly doubt that the Avengers movie and a recent Marvel crossover event just HAPPENED to have the same name. Especially with Bendis' history of being closely associated with some of the Marvel films (he wrote the after-credits scene to the first Iron Man, for example).

They've already stated Hank Pym will not be in Avengers 2. And FOX owns the rights to Wolverine and The Invisible Woman, so they couldn't be used in the film either.

Considering that, I highly doubt the film will follow the same story as the comic of the same name.

I never thought that the film would follow the comic. My point was that basically Marvel Studios said "Hey, Marvel Comics, we're cooking up this Avengers movie called Age of Ultron, but we're not going to tell you exactly what it's about for fear of spoiling the film to the masses (except to say that it's the Age of Ultron, and it's crazy), but we'd appreciate it if you'd use one of your big gun writers to come up with some comic storyline so's we have something to crossover into the comics and get the comics fans all hot and bothered by the time the movie teasers are released".

Or something along those lines.

Again, I just think it explains why the Age of Ultron comic sucked so bad--it was quickly rushed into print without much thought put into whether the execution was any good or not.

I think you're really reaching to find a reason that Marvel put out another crap "event" book (Fear Itself ring a bell). There's no chance Marvel would release a 10 issue miniseries and countless tie-in issues just to tie-in to the announcement of a same named movie.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 9:30:41 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

SwiftMann wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Habusa wrote:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/post--marvel-studios-announces-avengers-sequel-info?ocid=ansent11

Not sure if they are going with the majority of the story. But it should have some elements of it in there. Being titled "Age of Ultron"

Joss Whedon was quoted today saying, ""Well, because there was a book called 'Age of Ultron' quite recently, a lot of people have assumed that is what we're doing, but that is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside."

I highly doubt that the Avengers movie and a recent Marvel crossover event just HAPPENED to have the same name. Especially with Bendis' history of being closely associated with some of the Marvel films (he wrote the after-credits scene to the first Iron Man, for example).

They've already stated Hank Pym will not be in Avengers 2. And FOX owns the rights to Wolverine and The Invisible Woman, so they couldn't be used in the film either.

Considering that, I highly doubt the film will follow the same story as the comic of the same name.

I never thought that the film would follow the comic. My point was that basically Marvel Studios said "Hey, Marvel Comics, we're cooking up this Avengers movie called Age of Ultron, but we're not going to tell you exactly what it's about for fear of spoiling the film to the masses (except to say that it's the Age of Ultron, and it's crazy), but we'd appreciate it if you'd use one of your big gun writers to come up with some comic storyline so's we have something to crossover into the comics and get the comics fans all hot and bothered by the time the movie teasers are released".

Again, I just think it explains why the Age of Ultron comic sucked so bad--it was quickly rushed into print without much thought put into whether the execution was any good or not.

I think you're really reaching to find a reason that Marvel put out another crap "event" book (Fear Itself ring a bell). There's no chance Marvel would release a 10 issue miniseries and countless tie-in issues just to tie-in to the announcement of a same named movie.

Now that they're owned by Disney, yeah.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:18:31 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Habusa wrote:

Maybe I am drinking the conspiracy Kool-Aid. Maybe I'm just trying to give Bendis an out for his crap-fest series. But c'mon--do you really believe that both Marvel Studios and Marvel Comics just happened to come up with a story idea with the exact same name, at the same time, with no knowledge of what the other group was working on? This all kind of reminds me of when Marvel came out with the Wolverine Origin mini-series. All the trades were reporting that Marvel put it out just because they knew the X-Men 2 film was going to deal with Wolvie's origin, and they wanted to get their own story in the can first. It was such a high priority that Marvel President Bill Jemas decided to write it himself.

Oh well. At least DC doesn't do such things. Hey, has anyone been reading the new Batman/Superman series? Hey, waitaminit....!!Silly
Khaine
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:40:34 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

I liked the first batman/superman, much more than the superman unchained which maybe I had high hopes for since jim lee was attached to that book.
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:10:53 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Khaine wrote:
I liked the first batman/superman, much more than the superman unchained which maybe I had high hopes for since jim lee was attached to that book.

Wrong thread?

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:19:49 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
Khaine wrote:

Wrong thread?

I think he missed my point, which was that DC did the same thing as Marvel--coincidentally releasing the Batman/Superman series just a month before the Batman/Superman movie was announced.
Khaine
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:25:52 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

no i didn't miss it,

ultron bad batman/superman not bad yet...

could care less of the motives behind the books as long as said books are worth reading.

Oh and superman Unchained piggy backed the man of steel movie (which were both bad Winking
Shizz
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:40:44 PM

Groups: Member

Just started and finished reading this 'summer event'. I'd been skimming across a lot of you guys bad thoughts on this one and I just wanted to say thank you. Because of this I wasn't expecting much and had an enjoyable read. Sure there were aspects that I didn't like about the story as much as others i.e. the hole time travel bit I could have done without, maybe more of a focus on the Ultron universe itself, but I guess with only him in control what else was there. Yeah I wasn't a fan of the art, except for the variant covers which I would not pony up the cash for, but I liked the story. Was it House of M, Civil War, or Planet Hulk/World War Hulk?...by no means. It was much better than Siege, Fear, or the cancer universe story. I did not think I wasted my money though it was a bit high priced, but what books aren't(Aspen's 10 for 10).Big Grin