Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
JLA/JSA crossovers that weren't but should have been. Options
Brainiac5
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:55:15 PM

Groups: Member

I'm into acquiring all of the JLA/JSA crossovers in "comic book form" (i.e. not as a book) whether reprinted or in original form. I loved these as a kid, especially when they added a third team. As I said, I always thought the more heroes, the better in comics.

So, something I was thinking of and I hope it's okay for this board, try to come up with a pre-crisis JLA/JSA crossover with a third team.

Here's my salvo: The Impossible Mission Force. Hey, they had a Dell Comic, so they count!

I've been watching M:I on Me-TV and love it.

So, I'm thinking the "claasic" IMF of Jim, Rollin, Cinnamon, Barney, and Willie.

The JLA/JSA contingent would have to be "de-powered" and kind of espionage related so, I'm thinking:

JLA: Atom, Aquaman, Diana Prince, Batman, Green Arrow

JSA: Earth-2 Robin, Black Canary, Dr. Midnite, Wildcat, and Sandman.

The villains could be a standard M:I mad scientist type, The Thinker, and, one of my favorite JLA baddies, T.O. Morrow!

I think this could work for around 1968.

So, what have you got-Pre-Crisis JLA/JSA and a third team not bound by continuity, time, or licensing rights.

I figure people into comics are imaginative.
Brainiac5
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:35:59 PM

Of course my adventure is called---Crisis: Impossible.
Brainiac5
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:26:39 PM

I'm going to try to do one of these a week if people will indulge me-my next three way cross-over is Crisis in Asgard. Now, I know Thor has a bevy of Marvelites to assist him in the realm eternal if need be. But, what if that dastardly Loki finds a way to isolate Asgard from the rest of the Marvel universe? He may even enlist the aid of Felix Faust and Wotan in his evil plans. The Asgardian contingent would be:

Thor, Sif, and the Warriors Three.

From The JLA and JSA-I see this as kind of a magic and sword and sorcery adventure with lots of ancient weapons coming into play so from the JLA: Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, and Green Arrow.

From the JSA: Their versions of Hawkman and Hawkgirl, The Spectre, Dr. Fate
, and Wonder Woman.

Let me know what you think and I'll see what I can come up with next week.

Cheers,

jmbarnes101
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 2:12:59 AM

The one that would have been great in the 80's would have been a JLA/JSA/Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo-Crew. They sort of did it in the Captain Carrot comics with Crisis on Earth C-Minus and the Justa Lotta Animals but a true crossover in the Justice League comic would have been great.
JimmmKelly
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:38:23 AM

The two ruts that the JLA/JSA crossovers got into (especially as the 70s progressed) were that meetings started to always have to have a third group meeting the two AND every story had to be a CRISIS in or on something.

Ths made the stories follow certain formulas which got boring. I would have liked if they broke it up a bit more. They didn't have to get together for a crisis. They could've got together for birthdays, weddings, and graduations. Or for some worthy cause like combatting poverty or improving education or supporting diversity. And without a third group taking up valuable story pages, we could've seen more interaction between the established members of the two groups.

Because there were too many stories about other groups, we never got to see how certain members got along. The two WWs had very little contact (this was later developed in WW's own comic, but not in the JLA/JSA stories). There wasn't much done with the Earth-Two Batman and him meeting the Earth-One Batman. Snapper Carr was usually left out of these adventures, but I'd like to have seen him meet up with Johnny Thunder.

As the meetings happened only on an annual basis, there was so much I wanted to see with the two groups that I never got to see because all the space was being used up by those crisis plots and those other teams.

MY FAVOURITE FUNNIES
LordMikel
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 3:14:27 PM

JimmmKelly wrote:
The two ruts that the JLA/JSA crossovers got into (especially as the 70s progressed) were that meetings started to always have to have a third group meeting the two AND every story had to be a CRISIS in or on something.

Ths made the stories follow certain formulas which got boring. I would have liked if they broke it up a bit more. They didn't have to get together for a crisis. They could've got together for birthdays, weddings, and graduations. Or for some worthy cause like combatting poverty or improving education or supporting diversity. And without a third group taking up valuable story pages, we could've seen more interaction between the established members of the two groups.

Because there were too many stories about other groups, we never got to see how certain members got along. The two WWs had very little contact (this was later developed in WW's own comic, but not in the JLA/JSA stories). There wasn't much done with the Earth-Two Batman and him meeting the Earth-One Batman. Snapper Carr was usually left out of these adventures, but I'd like to have seen him meet up with Johnny Thunder.

As the meetings happened only on an annual basis, there was so much I wanted to see with the two groups that I never got to see because all the space was being used up by those crisis plots and those other teams.

One of my favorite comic book concepts used a lot if Spider-Man, Poker night. A bunch of heroes get together to play some poker and what happens next. Kingpin showed up once I know that, I'm sure other things have happened as well. But it works well with your concept.

How does Batman play cards against Mr Terrific. Does the Flash or Superman cheat?
Brainiac5
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2013 3:48:04 PM

Here's the thing-I was dorky kid and not much into sports. This event was like my Superbowl. I was just so much in love with the idea of teams that I was a "more the merrier" kinda person.

It would have been fun if the concept continued and the JLA/JSA met the Charlton Action Heroes or The Mighty Crusaders.