Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
X Factor #259 Options
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 10:41:07 AM

Groups: Member

I don't read X Factor but the summary for this issue has me intrigued. Shatterstar has been a character I liked since X Force. So I'm curious as to what the secret of himand Longshot is. If anyone has read this issue then please let me know. And no I don't want to buy the issue. I already have a huge enough pull list. Plus I already have a feeling I know what the answer is. It was rumored years ago that Longshot was Shatterstar's dad.

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 12:13:04 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

My guess: They're revealed to be the same guy. Laughing

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 12:38:13 PM

Just read this issue, funny enough.

Here is the wiki summary.

During the "Hell on Earth War" storyline, Shatterstar and Rictor are blasted by the God of Hell, Mephisto, and appear to die, but are in fact sent into Mojoworld's relative past—to the era of Shatterstar's arrival in Mojoworld, as shown in the final X-Factor story arc, "The End of X-Factor". Rictor and the audience learn that Shatterstar is the only Mojoworld rebel who was not created by Arize the Creator, as he mysteriously appeared from the sky one day. Arize then used Shatterstar's genetic material to create Longshot, making Shatterstar Longshot's father. Mojo later attacks Arize's sanctuary, leading Shatterstar to time-teleport him and Rictor. They arrive later in Mojoworld's history, at a time when Dazzler and Longshot are married and fighting a war against Mojo. Dazzler goes into labor, and gives birth to a young Shatterstar, who Shatterstar explains to Rictor he will deliver to the future of Mojoworld to be raised by the people that raised him, but not before he erases Dazzler and Longshot's memories of their having a child.[15]

So in other words, it's a further convoluted mess. Peter David's run has been a train wreck. His 90's run was way better.

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:09:48 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

So they are pretty much the same guy, too funny.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 1:40:49 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Let me see if I've got this straight. Longshot was created from Shatterstar's DNA making him Shatterstar's son. Then Longshot and Dazzler have a baby Shatterstar making him Shatterstar's dad. Does this mean Longshot is his own Grandpa?Ooh Confused

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:42:23 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Let me see if I've got this straight. Longshot was created from Shatterstar's DNA making him Shatterstar's son. Then Longshot and Dazzler have a baby Shatterstar making him Shatterstar's dad. Does this mean Longshot is his own Grandpa?Ooh Confused

No but Shatterstar is.

fenix1977
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 12:38:36 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Wall That is all I can think of..everything else just makes me wanna drink.

Mad Bloggings

rook68
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 1:19:56 AM

It reminds me of the age old question. What came first? The chicken or the egg? So confusing.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

roguesquad
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:55:11 PM

I kinda like it. Although confusing, it answers the question without really creating more questions. Also Dazzler's lost baby from a long time ago. My only hope is that it stays this way and some other writer doesn't comes along and retcon it.

But I wonder where Shatterstar goes from here? is he forever stuck living this continuous loop of being born, travel 100 years into the future, get cloned, and then travel back in time to take his baby self into the future? Silly

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 5:57:30 PM

I hated the explanation. Peter David has ruined Shatterstar, Strong Guy and Darwin in this run.

SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 8:09:45 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
I hated the explanation. Peter David has ruined Shatterstar, Strong Guy and Darwin in this run.

I liked it. Mojoverse has always been an annoying, convoluted plot device, so why not have Longshot and Shatterstar have a convoluted origin? Besides, it makes sense in the context of everything going on. I jumped on X-Factor with Regenesis and really enjoyed it.

Plus, it's hard to say Peter David "ruined" Shatterstar or Strong Guy since they were completely irrelevant and unused. So, they could have been mired in obsolescence or actually be used and used well. Darwin on the other hand... Yeah, that was a waste of a character with great potential.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 6:18:26 PM

SwiftMann wrote:
ShenValleyInitiative wrote:

I liked it. Mojoverse has always been an annoying, convoluted plot device, so why not have Longshot and Shatterstar have a convoluted origin? Besides, it makes sense in the context of everything going on. I jumped on X-Factor with Regenesis and really enjoyed it.

Plus, it's hard to say Peter David "ruined" Shatterstar or Strong Guy since they were completely irrelevant and unused. So, they could have been mired in obsolescence or actually be used and used well. Darwin on the other hand... Yeah, that was a waste of a character with great potential.

Go back and read the first 24 or so issues of that X-Factor run if you liked the post ReGenesis stuff. I think this series started out excellent and got progressively worse. Granted, Star and Guido weren't being used, but for fans like me of the original PAD X-Factor that went on to get even better under DeMatteis and the original X-Force, this was just a complete retcon of what made those characters fun to begin with. As bad as he ruined Darwin, I find it worse with the other two.

But seriously check out those early X-Factor issues, great stuff. Even the Madrox mini series by PAD was pretty awesome.