Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Boston Comic Con 2013 Options
Shadowdodger
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:18:38 PM

Groups: Member

Just got home from BCC '13 and I had a blast! This was my first Con so I didn't really know what to expect. I knew it was going to be busy, but I wasn't prepared for that many people. And, oh the nerd funk was strong.

I did a little homework before we left so I knew who was going to be there and brought a few things to have signed:

Adventure Time # 4 & 6 - Brandon Lamb signed and added little sketches for my son.

Batman #1 (New 52) - Signed by Scott Snyder. Great guy. Got to talk with him for about 5 minutes or so. Even though there were tons of people waiting, he didn't rush anyone off.

Locke & Key #1 - Signed by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez. Didn't really get a chance to talk with them, but they seemed pretty cool.

My Little Pony: FiM #6 (Boston Comic Con 2013 exclusive) - Signed by Agnes Garbowska. She chatted with my wife and daughter for a little while. We picked up some art prints that she signed for them too.

I also brought Batman: Detective Comics #1 (New 52) and the first Fables TPB for Tony Daniel and Bill Willingham to sign but I didn't get a chance to get over to their booths.

All in all we had a great time. Can't wait to go back next year!

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:55:54 PM

Groups: Member

I also went to the Boston Comic con. It was my first Comic Con and I really enjoyed it. I figured out that now I have to get there earlier since the line was huge! I got some great buys as well:

Combat Kelly and his deadly doxen #6 $3.00
Captain Savage and his leatherneck raiders #1 Fine 6.0 $15.00 I think
Detective Comics #335 $5.00
Shazam #1 $2.00

I saw Neal Adams and George Perez. I didn't have anything for them to sign and Neal Adams sketches were expensive but I had a great time. Go Comics!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
crackerjack1
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 7:12:15 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I ended up goingon Saturday with my son since I had a free pass from the original show. When I got there and the line for people with passes was taking longer to get than the line for people buying tickets I was very disappointed. I was about ready to get out of line and go home when I finally got through to my boss at my shop and got right in with vendor passes.

After that we had a great time. Bought a few prints and toys. Minged around talking to friends and creators.

Would have attempted to see some of the top talent and guests, but I refuse to buy a ticket to see something in a Con. The general price of admission should cover everything in a convention. I went to take a picture of Pam from True Blood from a distance and guy was jumping in front of her yelling that I couldn't and within seconds doing it to someone else. What's the point???

Other than that had a great time taking pictures of the cosplay and the boy had a great time.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Invaders, All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Astro City, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Grimm, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Inhuman, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Quantum & Woody, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Secret Origins, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Velvet, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Forever Evil, Origin II, Original Sin, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants