Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Subscription services... Options
Tamwood
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2013 8:37:14 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

inhumanking wrote:
Alarion wrote:
I just placed my first order with this last night. $0.12/per for normal bag/board. They also offer mylar/thicker options for more $$. You make the selection when you check out.

i wonder how they pack books if you opt out of bags & boards altogether?
i'm not sure i'd ever try this, but i'm curious, as i have a surplus of bags & boards already.

LOL. I'm in the process of filing away my four recent long boxes of comics with the rest of my inventory. I've also decided to start putting two issues per bag/board when applicable (leaving gaps for missing issues, etc).

I'm roughly half way through the project, and I've got about a long box and a half of empty bags and boards now. :) I'm set for the next couple of years.
Nick18313
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 4:25:35 AM

Groups: Member

inhumanking wrote:
dunleavy75 wrote:
The discounts at DCBS are too good to pass up... 50% off trades and hardcovers.

i'm considering both Finar & DCBS. i'm not finding DCBS overly user friendly/accessible during my first visit to their site, i'm gonna have to dig in a little. also, i'm not sure about that 50% discount on HC's.
i only checked a few, but The Boys Definitive HC's are all only 35% (not a bad thing, btw).

Nick18313 wrote:
I used DCBS in the past and was always satisfied with their service. I'm going back to them.

why did you leave DCBS in the first place?

I left DCBS for Don's subscription service because he had free shipping and free bags and boards. When Don ended his sub service I switched to Finar. I wasn't happy with Finar, so then I switched to Pats sub service.

Pull List: Aphrodite IX, Artifacts, Cyberforce, Darkness, Witchblade, All New X-Factor, All New X-Men, Magneto, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force
bluedevil2002
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 7:17:12 PM

inhumanking wrote:
Alarion wrote:
I just placed my first order with this last night. $0.12/per for normal bag/board. They also offer mylar/thicker options for more $$. You make the selection when you check out.

i wonder how they pack books if you opt out of bags & boards altogether?
i'm not sure i'd ever try this, but i'm curious, as i have a surplus of bags & boards already.

They put them all in a big bag, and then they have special foam pieces around that. It's very well packed; I've never had a problem.
hedgeknight
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 9:29:58 AM

I used to shop with DCBS and stopped because their packing wasn't as good as I thought it should be and I'd get a book or two that was damaged. They tried to explain it away, but it really just (banned) me off and I stopped using them. That was about 3 years ago, so things might have changed now. If you go to their website, click on the Preorders tab and you'll get a drop down list of everything Previews has to offer for the month with pics, descriptions, etc.
Mail Order Comics is set up a little differently, but just click on Browse by Publisher and you get a similar service, without the pics. However, you can download the entire Previews guide in pdf form (as was mentioned earlier in this thread I think).

I currently get a few books from both LCS in my hometown - this may change with the rising cost of books, plus our state once again did not get a raise in pay (for the sixth year in a row) Angry
In the end it all comes down to money.

Winter is coming...
Alarion
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:20:45 AM

hedgeknight wrote:

In the end it all comes down to money.

That's it, exactly. I keep like 3-4 books with my LCS but the rest I have to get discounted. I, like many here, have kids to feed.

I only have so many dollars I can spend on comics per month. Using DCBS (Pat, prior to this) I have a little room to work on filling in holes in my personal collections
jhorsley3
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 12:50:32 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Nick18313 wrote:

I left DCBS for Don's subscription service because he had free shipping and free bags and boards. When Don ended his sub service I switched to Finar. I wasn't happy with Finar, so then I switched to Pats sub service.

Why where you not happy with Finar?

Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics
Reggie
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 7:03:29 AM

I just placed an order with DCBS. On average, It cost me about 20 cents per book more than what I was paying through Pat. I think mostly due to having to pay for bags & boards and almost $7 for shipping.

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 7:41:27 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

jhorsley3 wrote:
Nick18313 wrote:

Why where you not happy with Finar?

Packaging and service has always been my problem with Finar.

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
inhumanking
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 12:23:33 PM

Reggie wrote:
I just placed an order with DCBS. On average, It cost me about 20 cents per book more than what I was paying through Pat. I think mostly due to having to pay for bags & boards and almost $7 for shipping.

i'll be placing mine this weekend. it looks like a $2 differential, and if i skipped on bags & boards it would i'd come in almost exactly what i'd pay with Pat (after 40% & 50% discounts on some items).

DivideAndConquer wrote:

i've heard more positive than negative about Finar. if DCBS doesn't work out, i'll give him a shot.

Reggie
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 9:54:07 PM

inhumanking wrote:
DivideAndConquer wrote:

i've heard more positive than negative about Finar. if DCBS doesn't work out, i'll give him a shot.

Same here.

kevscomics
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 8:42:21 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Placed my first order with DCBS today...will see how it goes
kevscomics
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 9:43:55 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Question for you DCBS users, I know it said that once I bought a book, it would automatically be in my order next month...How does that work?, they show up in the order early September?