Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Nerd Cave 2.0 Options
Shadowdodger
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:32:41 PM

Groups: Member

Well, after almost six years and two kids in our current home, I finally have my entire collection under one roof. As the children grew the basement quickly became flooded with kids toys and other odds and ends as they grew out of them. This weekend we decided to clean out the basement and have a yard sale.

Now I can finally resume getting my collection into some semblance of an order. I'm going to grab some industrial metal shelves from my father-in-law's warehouse to save space and actually have room to grow. I currently have 20 (+/-) long boxes to organize. It'll be a lot of work but worth it in the end. Nerd Cave 2.0 is under construction...

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
jhorsley3
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 9:58:25 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Good luck man!

Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics
CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 10:42:39 PM

Shop at My Store

It's funny, organizing, re-organizing and re-re-organizing just seem to be part of comic collecting. Then you get older & say screw it, too much like work.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

Shadowdodger
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 11:14:07 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:
It's funny, organizing, re-organizing and re-re-organizing just seem to be part of comic collecting. Then you get older & say screw it, too much like work.

That's so true. But for now I still enjoy it.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:14:20 AM

Shop at My Store

Shadowdodger wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

That's so true. But for now I still enjoy it.

Yup, I did to. Always so many ways to organize, do I arrange by publisher or just go by a to z? Do I store duplicates in a separate box? Do I separate my non-keepers from my keepers? It seems like once a year I would change my mind & spend a whole Sunday reorganizing things. Then there's the occasional panic as the comics start to slide in that box you left a gap in.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

kisstour03
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:40:14 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

It's a process that never ends for sure. You get "done" and you're totally happy with the result........ then you change your mind. Or you buy something to go in the room and need to rearrange half of it to make it fit. We've lived in our house just over a year and I've done and redone my comic/collectables room at least three time so far. I'm in the middle of a rebuild as I type this. If I get done while I'm on vacation this week and keep it tidy long enough to get pics I'll post some up.
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 1:20:51 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

You're gonna give us pics, when it's done, right?

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Shadowdodger
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 1:59:59 PM

BurningDoom wrote:

If I can figure out how to post pics here, then yes. I have a first floor collectibles room and the overflow will be going onto the re-organized basement. Cool

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 3:03:20 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Shadowdodger wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

If I can figure out how to post pics here, then yes. I have a first floor collectibles room and the overflow will be going onto the re-organized basement. Cool

Just upload them to a free image hosting site like Image Shack or Photo Bucket. They have links you can then just copy and paste here after uploading them.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:36:16 PM

The cave work never ends. I thought I was done months ago..but nooooo! Good luck with your cave!

Mad Bloggings

Shadowdodger
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 11:42:36 PM

fenix1977 wrote:
The cave work never ends. I thought I was done months ago..but nooooo! Good luck with your cave!

Thanks! I won't have time to work on it again until this weekend (I hope). It will be a slow process unfortunately.

fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:19:20 AM

Shadowdodger wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:

Thanks! I won't have time to work on it again until this weekend (I hope). It will be a slow process unfortunately.

I am about 4 months behind on putting stuff away. 4 months of comics and movies and toys all stacked in their separate corners....it is gonna take me a week ta sort this out!

Mad Bloggings

rook68
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 5:38:27 PM

Shadowdodger wrote:
Well, after almost six years and two kids in our current home, I finally have my entire collection under one roof. As the children grew the basement quickly became flooded with kids toys and other odds and ends as they grew out of them. This weekend we decided to clean out the basement and have a yard sale.

Now I can finally resume getting my collection into some semblance of an order. I'm going to grab some industrial metal shelves from my father-in-law's warehouse to save space and actually have room to grow. I currently have 20 (+/-) long boxes to organize. It'll be a lot of work but worth it in the end. Nerd Cave 2.0 is under construction...

Hey Shadow. You ever finish that nerd cave? I am in the process of doing one myself. You got pictures of the cave?

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

comicscastle
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 6:45:24 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

When I first bought our house we had a bedroom for us, one for my son and one for my books. Eventually my books took over the basement and the garage and my sons room (when he moved out) and started to take over our bedroom. It got to the point where something had to go. Luckily my wife left. I now have books in every room of the house, including the pantry and the bathroom, and a new wife who doesn't mind one bit. I had to travel to China to find her, but that was the best thing I ever did. The best seven years of my life.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Shadowdodger
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 7:50:15 PM

rook68 wrote:
Shadowdodger wrote:

Hey Shadow. You ever finish that nerd cave? I am in the process of doing one myself. You got pictures of the cave?

I don't think it will ever be truly finished. I do have a few pics you can check out here if you have Facebook. Bear in mind these are early on in the process. I'll try to get some updated ones soon.

https://www.facebook.com/james.byrnes.104/media_set?set=a.10202438759036877.1073741825.1430978820&type=3

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress too.

teh_longinator
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 6:02:39 PM

fenix1977 wrote:
Shadowdodger wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:

I am about 4 months behind on putting stuff away. 4 months of comics and movies and toys all stacked in their separate corners....it is gonna take me a week ta sort this out!

I'm in the same boat, man. Sadly, mine's all in the SAME pile, so I've got a pile about 2 feet tall. Should be fun to sort and read, though.

So much work, so little time....

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=