Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
SUPERMAN II

REVIEW

THE GOOD:

Wow. Not much. This is a pretty crappy movie. Godawful really.

ummm.....Some of the Lois and Clark scenes are kinda charming.

Kneel Before Zod!

It felt like a big movie...which I like.

THE BAD:

Special effects are horrendous. Even for a 1980 movie.

Lex Luthor is the dumbest man on Earth. He gets doublecrossed 3 times...by the same people in the same manner.

The final scene in the fortress of solitude is soo stupid. First off, when did superman have duplication and invisibility (even in the movies)? Next....when did Zod get sooooooo gullible. I mean, the trick to go into the power cancelling machine. Oh My GOD. So stupid.

The entire "Lois and Superman" kissing in a tree crap. I mean. crap. Crap Crap.

Since when is Superman so vengeful? I mean, not only was the first diner scene where powerless Clark gets beat up stupid....but the second diner scene where powered Clark beats up a trucker. Even more stupid.

Even the music, that was so cool in the first Superman, was muted in this one.

Conclusion:

I don't want to go on too much, but this movie rates an F+. One of the worst we have seen this summer. Really Really Bad.

The rating you gave this movie, it's....it's like a joke, right?
It is as far as I'm concerned. To me this was the best of the original set of movies. I loved the action and the interplay with the various characters. Every time I see it on TV I have to watch. I think it's great.

Pat, have you ever seen any of the extended television versions? Seems the producers cut a deal with Warner Brothers where they kept all broadcast television rights, then they went around to different television affiliates and offered them different versions of the film with cut scenes not in the theatrical release. Cut scenes that have still never been restored in any DVD release. You can find out more about it on IMDB.

I won a copy on VHS off ebay about fifteen years ago, and then some years later I found a website where a guy created a "Universal Extended Cut" on DVD, where he spliced together all known versions into one film. It's a little grainy in spots, but still my preferred version. If I figure out if my computer can burn a copy of it, I'll send you one.
Shizz
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 11:36:02 AM

Groups: Member

Superman II: D+

Yes I liked it as a kid, and it is the best of the four movies, but it was horrrrrible. The effects and characters were sooooo funny. In one seen where they throw down you can see the plastic army men/civilians moving on a conveyor belt as the tiny bad constructed city is getting thrashed. I can't think of any good in this one. I'm not even a fan of the Christopher Reeve's version of Sups. Good call Comic-U.
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:03:10 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Shizz wrote:
Superman II: D+

Yes I liked it as a kid, and it is the best of the four movies, but it was horrrrrible. The effects and characters were sooooo funny. In one seen where they throw down you can see the plastic army men/civilians moving on a conveyor belt as the tiny bad constructed city is getting thrashed. I can't think of any good in this one. I'm not even a fan of the Christopher Reeve's version of Sups. Good call Comic-U.

But it was 1980, what did you expect? Full CGI effects?

I have to wonder what the age of some of the people here are that don't like the movie. Because up to that point, Superman II was by far the BEST super-hero movie ever made.

Yeah, lots of super-hero movies since have been better. But back then, it was amazing when it came out.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:25:07 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

I am 38. I looooovvvveeeddd Supes 2 when I saw it way back.

And, it isn't just the effects that make me hate it now. In fact, the effects are only a small part (but, really, there are ton's of early 80's, late 70's movies with faarrr superior effects).

It's all the totally, unexplained, intelligence insulting moments.

here's a few i haven't mentioned.

1) There is no explanation of how bad the three criminals are on Krypton. I mean, they kill some guard, break a red crystal and are banished to the phantom zone. There is really no explanation of just what they did that was so seditious. Wouldn't have been hard to have a scene where they are planning the overthrow os Krypton or something. But. nope.

2) why do the governments of Earth give in without a fight? I mean, does that make sense at all. Three people wreck a tiny town then invade the whitehouse.....and every government on earth just cedes them total power. I mean, they don't even try to stop them first. WHAT?

3)Why doesn't Superman just beat them up. I mean, they have two battles. the first in metropolis and the second in the Fortress of Solitude. And in BOTH fights, Supes has the upperhand and is winning. But, for some reason he doesn't just finish them off. I understand why he leaves Metropolis. He doesn't want to further endanger innocent life. But later, he has them at the North friggin' pole.

4) Luthor says he has figured out where the Fortress of Solitude is by noticing that every single time after Supes appears he flies north. But, he is seen on several occasions in this movie alone not flying north after he appears. I mean, when he appeared at Niagara Falls, he doesnt fly away anywhere, except behind a hot dog cart. What the hel is Luthor talking about?

5) and.....THE PRISON BREAK SCENE....I am going to ignore how Luthor and Ned Beeaty manage to just waltz out to the prison yard with no problem, or how a hot air baloon is able to float above a prison without being noticed or any of those other things. Nope. I'm gonna restrict my comments to a particular moment of the escape. Luthor and Beatty are slinking along the wall trying to avoid detection. When, all of a sudden a guard trains a search light directly on the. I mean, they are absolutely caught, sillhouetted against a bare wall.....but, wonder of wonders, the guards somehow miss them. WHAT THE F?

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 5:03:34 PM

comicuniversity wrote:

And, it isn't just the effects that make me hate it now. In fact, the effects are only a small part (but, really, there are ton's of early 80's, late 70's movies with faarrr superior effects).

1) There is no explanation of how bad the three criminals are on Krypton. I mean, they kill some guard, break a red crystal and are banished to the phantom zone. There is really no explanation of just what they did that was so seditious. Wouldn't have been hard to have a scene where they are planning the overthrow os Krypton or something. But. nope.

2) why do the governments of Earth give in without a fight? I mean, does that make sense at all. Three people wreck a tiny town then invade the whitehouse.....and every government on earth just cedes them total power. I mean, they don't even try to stop them first. WHAT?

3)Why doesn't Superman just beat them up. I mean, they have two battles. the first in metropolis and the second in the Fortress of Solitude. And in BOTH fights, Supes has the upperhand and is winning. But, for some reason he doesn't just finish them off. I understand why he leaves Metropolis. He doesn't want to further endanger innocent life. But later, he has them at the North friggin' pole.

4) Luthor says he has figured out where the Fortress of Solitude is by noticing that every single time after Supes appears he flies north. But, he is seen on several occasions in this movie alone not flying north after he appears. I mean, when he appeared at Niagara Falls, he doesnt fly away anywhere, except behind a hot dog cart. What the hel is Luthor talking about?

5) and.....THE PRISON BREAK SCENE....I am going to ignore how Luthor and Ned Beeaty manage to just waltz out to the prison yard with no problem, or how a hot air baloon is able to float above a prison without being noticed or any of those other things. Nope. I'm gonna restrict my comments to a particular moment of the escape. Luthor and Beatty are slinking along the wall trying to avoid detection. When, all of a sudden a guard trains a search light directly on the. I mean, they are absolutely caught, sillhouetted against a bare wall.....but, wonder of wonders, the guards somehow miss them. WHAT THE F?

Yeah, it's silly, no doubt. But I think you should judge it in the context of it's release. When it came out, it was amazing. So personally, I have fond memories of the movie as a kid and can watch it with the time period in mind, and still enjoy it.

But then, I also like Daredevil, so my super-hero movie tastes never seem to line up with popular opinion. (I also think Iron Man was better than Avengers).

Thundercron
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 12:05:01 AM

Shop at My Store

comicuniversity wrote:

1. I never thought the lack of explanation of the Three Criminals was a detraction to the movie. It wasn't really relevant to the Superman story, anyway. Although I always thought it would have been cool to have some sort of back story told about them. They give a few hints in the movie--says they were "caught in a further act of seditious treason." Makes you wonder what else they did in the past. Also, Zod was called a General. Did he work for the government military at one time? Interesting.

2. Why do the governments give in without a fight? What are you talking about? Zod and his peeps single-handedly defeated the U.S. Army, including doing things like CATCHING MISSLES WITH THEIR HANDS. What else should they have done? Nuked the countryside?

3. Supes didn't just "beat them up" for the same reason that you can't really put up a fight when you are in the playground surrounded by three people who are stronger than you.

4. I don't think Luthor meant that Supes flies north every single time. Just that he does fly north a lot.

5. I'm assuming they used a hot air balloon because it's largely noiselss. The guards wouldn't usually be looking up with their searchlights, either. I guess they could have just shot the thing down when they finally did notice it, though.

And what's all this talk about the special effects being crappy? When this movie was released, the Metropolis battle scene was the single most expensive individual movie scene ever filmed.

This is my favorite Super Hero film from the eighties. If I had a choice Between Supes II or Batman, I'd pick Superman II every time (well, my awesome extended version, anyway).
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 2:06:07 AM

Thundercron wrote:
This is my favorite Super Hero film from the eighties. If I had a choice Between Supes II or Batman, I'd pick Superman II every time (well, my awesome extended version, anyway).

While I did enjoy Superman II, I wouldn't say that. Batman '89 is STILL one of the best superhero movies ever made, IMO.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:47:18 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

What a coincidence! Superman II was on HBO last night so I figured I'd go ahead and watch it to see how it matched up to my memory of it.

I'm not going to say anything bad about the special effects. By today's standards they're obviously sub-par but at the time not bad.

I enjoyed it for the most part but there were some gaping plot holes.

1. So Lex Luthor, and some chick who vanishes from the movie shortly thereafter with no explanation, hop on a snowmobile and "head north". Somehow they manage to find the Fortress of Solitude in the vast, trackless arctic despite having no provisions, no shelter, very little in the way of protective clothing and where do they get fuel for the snowmobile? Once they find the "Fortress" they walk right in. I can understand why there isn't a giant keyhole like in the comics but c'mon! No security whatsoever?

2. In the Metropolis fight scene why are so many civilians going about their business like nothing is happening? Clueless people include the woman trying to cross the street with a baby stroller, two guys who insist on finishing their phone calls despite being literally blown away by the Kryptonians and dozens of civilians just standing around. The city is being destroyed! Run!!

3. Why was the President still in the White House? They had to know the bad guys were coming. There was a squad of heavily armed soldiers plus a guy with a bazooka in there for chrissakes! Didn't someone think it would be safer to evacuate him to a bunker or something?

4. The US military doesn't come off very well. When they first attack Zod and crew they come in haphazardly and with no consideration for the safety of the townspeople.

5. Supes voluntarily removing his powers "forever" only to have them easily restored.

6. Superman's new powers: teleportation, invisibility, the "amnesia kiss". And what was he shooting out of his hands?

Several other scratch your head moments that have already been mentioned, Lois sneaking into the Eiffel Tower, the ludicrous prison break, the bully in the diner, etc.

I did like the movie but looking at it with a critical eye I would have to say middle of the road. C+

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

comicuniversity
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 8:39:02 PM

SUPERMAN III

REVIEW

The Good:

Richard Pryor is pretty danged funny.

I really liked the fight between Good Clark and Bad Superman in the junk yard.

Reeves can act. Some of the scenes where he is bad are pretty darned effective.

Man, does Annette O-Toole (?) as Lana make a much better and believable love interest than Margo kidder's Lois.

The all powerful computer as villain is pretty cool in this, as are the scenes versus the computer.

Holy crap, is the hot chick that hangs out with the bad guys....well, she's ridiculous. Soooo hot. And the scene where she reveals she's really intelligent too, when noone is looking was pretty funny.

THE BAD:

Too much exposition. There is a lot of movie before anything really starts happening.

It's never really explained how August (Pryor) goes from being a worthless bum to being an ultra-computer genius. Then it isn't explained how the other bad guys at the end all of a sudden don't need him to do the computer stuff----when their need of his computer genius was a MAJOR plot point throughout the movie.

There is a scene where August falls off of a really high building on skis, but just lands gently on the street that is right up there wiht most inexplicable scenes in all the movies reviewed thus far.

Supes falls for the old Kryptonite trap pretty easily. Stupid, especially considering Kryptonite is his only weakness. You'd think he'd watch out for it.

Jimmy Olsen behaves pretty stupidly

Conclusion: Not too good...but not horrible. D+
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:02:47 PM

Shop at My Store

comicuniversity wrote:
SUPERMAN III

REVIEW

The Good:

Man, does Annette O-Toole (?) as Lana make a much better and believable love interest than Margo kidder's Lois.

The all powerful computer as villain is pretty cool in this, as are the scenes versus the computer.

Holy crap, is the hot chick that hangs out with the bad guys....well, she's ridiculous. Soooo hot. And the scene where she reveals she's really intelligent too, when noone is looking was pretty funny.

THE BAD:

Too much exposition. There is a lot of movie before anything really starts happening.

It's never really explained how August (Pryor) goes from being a worthless bum to being an ultra-computer genius. Then it isn't explained how the other bad guys at the end all of a sudden don't need him to do the computer stuff----when their need of his computer genius was a MAJOR plot point throughout the movie.

There is a scene where August falls off of a really high building on skis, but just lands gently on the street that is right up there wiht most inexplicable scenes in all the movies reviewed thus far.

Supes falls for the old Kryptonite trap pretty easily. Stupid, especially considering Kryptonite is his only weakness. You'd think he'd watch out for it.

I'm now officially at a loss as to how you come up with ratings for these movies. You honestly think Superman III is a better film than Superman II? You're entitled to your opinion and all, but I'm just trying to clarify that point.

And how does a movie that's called "not horrible" wind up with a D+? To me, a movie in the D range IS horrible. Kind of like when you call a movie "good", but then wind up giving it a C range grade. To me, when I think of a movie that I could call "good", it's getting a B- at the lowest. But that's just me.
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:52:27 PM

Well I'll be. I never put 2 and 2 together because it's been so long since I've seen Superman III. How crazy is it that Superman's girlfriend, becomes his mom in Smallville?

And I'm with Thundercron. It boggles my mind that you think Superman III is better than Superman II.

Get ready for the worst one, though. Superman IV is BAD, and I don't mean bad as in cool.

comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:14:33 PM

Thundercron wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
SUPERMAN III

REVIEW

The Good:

THE BAD:

I'm now officially at a loss as to how you come up with ratings for these movies. You honestly think Superman III is a better film than Superman II? You're entitled to your opinion and all, but I'm just trying to clarify that point.

And how does a movie that's called "not horrible" wind up with a D+? To me, a movie in the D range IS horrible. Kind of like when you call a movie "good", but then wind up giving it a C range grade. To me, when I think of a movie that I could call "good", it's getting a B- at the lowest. But that's just me.

Mission accomplished. lol.

Just kidding.

Yep. Liked it better. I just couldnt get past all the blatant and obvious stupidity in Superman II. To me, that movie was like watching something a bunch of pre-teen fanboys would write about their favorite hero. Just totally ignoring basic things like......well....things that make sense. Know what I mean?

It was like
Kid #1: "Oh, it'd be cool if Lex figured out where Superman lived and got into the Fortress of Solitude".

Kid #2: "Yeah, but how could that ever happen?"

Kid #1: "I dunno. But, let's not worry about that. Let's just put him on a snowmobile with a hot chick and have him be there."

Kid #2: "But isn't that kind of stupid?"

Kid #1: "Yeah, but we'll make something blow up right away in the next scene, so noone will notice."

Superman III at least followed a logical plotline, and attempted to make sense. Also, there was acting in Superman III. In Superman 2 there was no acting.

But, at any rate, like I've said before. that's the beauty of taste. We're both right.

As far as Not horrible. D+ isn't horrible. D+ is below average. At least to me. And, C+ is "good" not "great" or even "really good". To me.

Shizz
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 1:00:14 PM

Superman III: F-

Anxious I have no further comments on this subject.
comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 4:19:35 PM

BATMAN AND ROBIN

REVIEW

The good:

The special effects were mostly pretty good.

The scene where Bruce and Alfred talk about Alfred's death and they profess their love...pretty effective.

The subplot of Robin wanting to break out on his own was kinda logical.

Freeze's relief when he finds out his wife is still alive at the end is good.

Some of the gotham scenes are really good. I mean, it looks gothamy.

THe BAD:

Lots.

Arnold Scwarzennwhatever was awful. I mean, I hated Tommy Lee as two Face in Bats Forevs because he was just a caricature. Well. Arnold is worse. All he does is spout one liners...and he doesnt even do that well. I mean, just an awful performance.

The opening battle between Batman and Robin and Freeze is luaghably bad. I mean, maybe the worst battle of the movies reviewed so far.

Freeze's Thugs. Stupid. No motivation. None. I mean, they don't even get money out of the deal.

Why would Arkham asylum let these two things happen: 1) a fully costumed Poison Ivy march into Freeze's room for a visit. 2) A fully costumed Freeze walk into Ivy's room as a roomate.

Alicia Silverstone. Bad.

Alfred making a Batgirl costume and sneakily making her Batgirl. I mean, Stupid beyond words...and the plot device used for this is just stupid beyond words.

George Clooney is, by far, the worst Bruce Wayne ever. period.

Chris Odonkey is whiney and annoying.

The entire Bane Arc is horrendous. "Bomb......Bomb......Bomb..." lmfao!

Even the various batmobile things look stupid and flimsy.

why does everything glow in the dark?

Etc. Etc. Bad movie.

Conclusion: F+ based only on the special effects and a couple of scenes.
comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:46:39 PM

Top villains so far:

Jack Nicholson/Joker---Batman
Alfred Molina/Dr. Octopus---Spider Man 2
Ian McKellan/Magneto----X-Men the Last Stand
Michael Shannon/Zod-----Man of Steel
Tim Roth/Abomination----Incredible Hulk
comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:11:30 PM

SPIDER MAN 3

REVIEW

THE GOOD:

well, the fight scenes. I mean, both of the Peter vs. Harry fights were awesome. Both Sandman- Spidey fights were great and much of the final fight was real good.

Thomas haden Church as Sandman. His role in the movie was superb. In fact, it left me wishing that they had left Harry and Venom out entirely. He joins my list of best villains.

The Peter/MJ arc is really grounded. i liked it and I don't care for Kirsten Dunst.

All the scenes with J Jonah and Aunt May are kinda show stealers.

New york. The city is almost a character.

I really liked the "family" feel of this movie. How Peter needs Harrys' help at the end. How Harry's butler really loves him and loved his father. How Aunt May gives pete her wedding ring.

Pete's entire supporting cast shines in this movie.

THE BAD:

Topher Grace. Man, he is horrible. I mean, as a pestering, rival photog he's fine. As a homicidal villain, he's pathetic.

there are some scenes with peter under the effects of venom that are TOO silly. The disco dance on the street is one of those. I understood that the symbiote was supposed to make him more aggressive.....but why the disco?

What the hell kind of experiment was being conducted that Sandman stumbled on in New york friggin' city? Seriously. They never covered that. It was just weird.

The whole church bell--defeats Venom thing. Too easy. In fact....everything about Venom in the movie was forced and rushed.

CONCLUSION:

I had less to say about this movie because it is the most average movie yet. I give it a complete middle of the road C rating.
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:49:14 AM

GHOST RIDER

REVIEW

THE GOOD:

Johnny Blazes reaction to his change the first time is perfect. Nic Cage acts it well. His horror, pain and revulsion are obvious.

Again, this feels like a big movie, and I like that.

Eva Mandes is good in this.

There is a lot of exposition in this movie before the action starts. Taht isn't always a good thing, but in this case it is. Young Johnny's interactions with his father, young eva mendes and Mephistopheles are all well done and integral to the story.

I liked the Blaze stunt scenes. there us suspense and awesomeness. He jumped blackhawk helicopteers for frig's sake!

Sam Elliot is less awesome than usual....but still pretty awesome.

The special effects are great....examples: The Ghost rider fire effects, The demons in Blackhearts' charge, the way people die when Blackheart touches them etc.

I liked the jail scene, including when Blaze gets arrested.

The entire scene of Ghost Rider riding through the city and fighting Blackhearts demon and the cops is great. I love when he reigns in the police copter with his chain and says "you're pissing me off" before releasing it.

" I am Legion and we are many." truly creepy moment.

THE BAD:

The love story is unbelievable. No way would a normal woman act like Eva Mendes character acts. it's kinda stupid.

Why does Johnny decide to keep the curse at the end when Mephistopheles offers to remove it? Why does he think he can control it? Doesnt make sense.

I hated when Blazes friend/manager is killed by Blackheart. Not because he died(good characters dying can lend real weight and peril to a movie), but because of the sudden way he was killed. There was no emotional link to a moment that should have had real emotion. The filmmakers missed an opportunity there.

Blackheart was too easy to kill at the end.

I didnt understand why the caretaker used up his last change just to ride with Johnny, when he could have saved it to help fight Blackheart. Stupid...and inexplicably so.

CONCLUSION:
C+ I like it.
Shizz
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:33:17 PM

Spider-man 3: D+

This was the one crock of the three. With exceptions of Sandman who was awesome, couldn't believe they could flesh this character out the way they did and make me like him, and the way Venom looked, but not the rest of the character, nothing in this movie was done well. Brock/Venom never referred to himself as 'we'. Plus the Tobey/Directors take on the sappiest makes-me-wanna-puke Peter Parker yet. Sick And worst of all was the fact that almost all of the Spidey scenes and fights were maskless!! I want to see more spider and less man.

Ghost Rider: D-

This was not the movie for me as I am not a GR fan, a Nicholas Cage fan, or a evil spirits fan. I wanted them to stay with the young GR. Eva-freaking-hot-Mendez is the only thing that kept me from giving this one an F. Though I know this movie was not F-terrible, I just did not enjoy it and will not see the sequel.
Nate77
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 8:22:10 AM

Shizz wrote:

Ghost Rider: D-

This was not the movie for me as I am not a GR fan, a Nicholas Cage fan, or a evil spirits fan. I wanted them to stay with the young GR. Eva-freaking-hot-Mendez is the only thing that kept me from giving this one an F. Though I know this movie was not F-terrible, I just did not enjoy it and will not see the sequel.

Actually you might enjoy the second one better, they glamorized ghost rider too much in the first one. The second one lays down the cheese pretty hard but the story line is way more fitting of a ghost rider movie. There are plot holes galore, but it makes for a pretty awesome B movie.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:25:29 AM

AVENGERS

REVIEW

The Good:

This movie "pays off" at all the big moments. Where many movies kinda fizzle at the big moments, this one never does. For exampel, it is awesome when Loki arrives on earth...when the Helicarrier rises from the ocean, when the Avengers assemble in New York, when the Hulk saves Iron Man, etc. etc. This movie pays off at all the big moments.

This is a large ensemble movie that doesn't give short shriff to anyone. Know what I mean? Everybody has their moments in the movie, all the way from Maria Hill and Dr. Selvig(sp?) up to Iron Man and Loki. It doesn't feel like anyone is left out.

ALL of the initial introductions are cool. Iron Man connecting the arc reactor underwater. Thor landing on the quinjet preceded by lightning and Loki's fear. Captain America in the gym. Black Widow interrogating the russian arms dealer while tied to a chair. etc. etc. They are all cool

The ENTIRE final fight in New York versus Loki and the Cheetari(sp?). This is maybe my favorite fight in all the movies reviewed so far. Just awesome. Totally perfect.

Loki....They make him appropriately evil. when the Avengers finally defeat him, there is a sense of real satisfaction because the writers do a great job of making you hate him. The scene in Germany and the opening scene of him belittling Fury really do a great job of this.

Colson's death. His death really added a gravity that the movie may not have had without it.

The scene where all the Avengers are arguing while under Loki's influence is a good scene. it was refreshing that this group of individuals didn't just immediately get along and form a group. Of course they wouldn't. Why would they? This scene kind of exposed their individuality, while at the same time, their shared desire to do good.

The acting....Don't get me wrong, there ain't no oscars coming for this movie...but the acting is good. There is no over the top crap or understated actors getting lost in the shuffle. EVERYBODY plays their parts well. Particular faves are Downey Jr., Sam Jackson, Hiddleson and Ruffalo.

The Thanos tease is awesome.

I loved the interplay between Stark and Pepper Potts and Stark and Banner.

the scene where Banner tells Captain American that he's always angry, turns and changes to Hulk then smashes that huge monster is one of my all time favorite movie scenes.

There is a lot of appropriate humor. Some action movies go overboard, but this one really doesn't (except once). When Hulk destroys Loki and punches Thor after they take down the monster.....Actual laugh out loud or cheer out loud moments.

When Cap calls out the orders after they assemble in New York, really cool.

THE BAD:

There ain't much.This movie, so far as i'm concerned, was a masterpiece, but here's a few quibbles.

I didnt understand, at the end, why it took Cap, Hawkeye and Widow so much longer to get to New york than Iron man. They went together.

They make Cap out to be a tad stupid at times. When i think they were going for "man out of time naivete", they got "stupid" instead. For instance, I would have liked it if he had gotten one over on Stark at some point, rather than being kind of a continuous butt of his jokes.

It isn't really explained why the big bad guys needed Loki. Why didn't hey just appear on Earth the same way he did at the beginning all by themselves?

CONCLUSION:

A+ One of my all time favorite movies. Period. A rare movie that i can watch again, and again, and again.