Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
more books more pics Options
CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 5:08:20 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

For recent pics & updates you can check my posts in the seller's corner, also feel free to check out the new 60 cent bin, media mail is on hiatus but will be back soon. Here's the current running list, thanks to all & back soon -

Doug at Treehouse

RUNNING LIST - Newer batches at the bottom

Savage Sword of Conan
Robin (1990's series)
Strange Adventures - Adams Deadman
1960's Captain Marvel (1-20)
Irredeemable + Incorruptible
Legion of SH (1980 + 1989 series)
Ms Marvel - 2006 series
Gears of War
Detectives - mostly newer
Secret Six (2008)
Power Girl
Green Lantern Corps (vol 1-3)
Green Lantern 1990-2010
Justice League of A 1980-2010
Hulk (2008 series)
Azrael (1995 series)
Adventures Of Superman
Spider Man 2099
X-Men (1991 series)
X-Force 1995-2012
Spawn
Red Robin
Thunderbolts
Catwoman
Silver Surfer (vol 2)
Not Brand Echh
Strange Tales (in progress)
Thor - mostly silver age
Sgt Fury
Nam
Tarzan (Gold Key)
Rawhide Kid (late 1960's)
Uncanny X-Men
Daredevil (1998 series)
Birds of Prey (vol 1)
Ghost Rider (1990 series)
Nightwing
Wolverine (1988 series)
Solo Avengers

also top rated plus with all 5.0's as ideaman33
grading guaranteed within 1/2 point
CrossbowComics
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 1:32:39 AM

Shop at My Store

For those of you who didn't catch these when I listed them in Feb, here are the holy grails of the JA Collection. They sold for $11k in a private transaction, it worked out to just over VG in Overstreet. I had the ASM listed as a 3.5 and the AF as a 4.0, turns out they both CGC'd 4.5 so you could have caught a bit of a deal. I never owned these, the deal I struck with JA was to sell these for him free of charge & negotiate a fair price for the rest. We both kept our word & finally this past Friday I was able to bring the rest home. These were easily the 2 most valuable books in the collection, assuming I don't stumble across an old Spidey in 9.8 or something. By the way, the missing chunks are caused by a dull blade when chopped, it's a fairly common print flaw with the earliest Marvels.

EDIT - Hey I found it on Ebay, see pic below, sold for $9600.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 1:57:32 AM

Shop at My Store

Some of the JA's went in over the weekend, as you can see I went straight to the power books like Jimmy Olsen & Kid Colt Party

The DC's are pretty random, they only fill up a short box. A couple of the Showcase are pretty cool with the first Creeper (edit-sold) & the 3rd Teen Titans. I didn't realize how scarce the old Kid Colts are, MyComicShop hardly has any of them. Some are the later issues are hardly read although I didn't grade any above FN due to edge tanning. That WW with the bondage cover is very cool & in nice shape too (edit-sold). All the books shown are up for sale, almost all have scans.

Back in a few days with more cool stuff - Doug

jhorsley3
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 8:42:49 AM

Shop at My Store

sorry if this sounds stupid, but what is the "JA Collection"?
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:50:55 AM

Shop at My Store

Got some more books listed, all are up for sale, scans too except a few of the JLA and Aquaman that are lower grade. The gem of this little batch is on the bottom, a DC 100 page spectacular from 1971 with a Neal Adams wraparound cover. Certainly part of the fun of a collection like this is the stuff you discover once you get a chance to sort through it all.

To answer the question, JA Collection is just a name I gave these books, there's no significance to it. About 4 years ago I gave JA a deposit & took some books so I could get a headstart on selling them. Since they weren't mine yet I stored them separately & put the words "JA Collection" in the market notes of each book. Most of that original batch is sold, it was Conans, Sub Mariners, early Caps, Tales of Suspense, plus portions of the Daredevil, Iron Man and Tales to Astonish.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2013 5:14:40 PM

Shop at My Store

More good stuff added, I don't have the first Deadman but I do have the full Adams run from the 60's, also a couple cool Adams covers for your viewing pleasure. The DC 100 has original Wrightson art & is fairly valuable (edit-sold), the nicest copy you can get at MyComicshop is a GVG for $36. The Amazing Adventures 11 (edit - sold) is the first appearance of the furry Beast although it's lower grade. Believe it or not, JA had House of Secrets 91 and 93 but no 92 (first Swamp Thing). Big sigh.

Everything shown is listed (or about to be) except the Ghost Rider set, that's on the Bay although if anyone's interested I can list it here for a few bucks less, go view the big scans on Ebay first, starting bid is $99 (edit-sold). I suspect CCL interest in silver age Westerns is close to zip.

Got a lot in this week, ready for a breather, listings will be coming steadily until September when the Treehouse will be shutting down for a few weeks, maybe a month, then it'll be full speed ahead again. Got a couple keepers set aside, at least temporarily, I may post some eye candy under "recent comic pick-ups" in the next day or 2. Back soon - Doug

CrossbowComics
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:56:28 AM

Shop at My Store

Another batch done, everything shown will be listed by tonight. The camera is starting to lose it, stuff is coming out a little orange & blurry but it'll work for now.

The Captain Marvel 1 I graded a 6.5 but it's a possible 7 (edit-sold), still need to do some price research on it. As you can see I started nibbling on the Spideys, all 9 shown are low to mid-grade, all have front & back scans, nicer stuff will come later.

Posted a couple cool books in the "recent pick-ups" thread, may do a couple more tonight. Lots more coming, back soon - Doug

CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 1:34:13 PM

Shop at My Store

More Marvel goodness, mostly mid grade, some of the JIM's are tired. Will probably switch over to Avengers this week, also have some 60's Teen Titans coming. I jumped down to Spidey 39 because I have 2, this one I rated VGF & you can see the back cover & description in the listing. There's actually a good chance I can get $150 for that one on Ebay, it'll be up by Sunday if you want a better look. Overstreet is so far behind I may not even buy one this year, all you need is Ebay, Mile High & MyComicShop to price stuff.

Posted pics of some other JA books in the "recent pick-ups" thread, including a Daredevil 1. Will post a few more over the weekend. Will list a few of the bigger books on the auction site on Sunday, you can always look at the oversize scans there & buy it here (may or may not be up).

Breather time but back soon - Doug

CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:04:17 AM

Shop at My Store

Ok one more batch of pics before it's break time, I'll start this thread back up again in a month or so. Before I go I'll show you the Avengers 1, it's probably the most valuable book in the collection after the 2 Spideys. I didn't scan it but I did inspect it, it's probably a 4.0. Right now it's set aside, I'll wait until the movie draws a little closer & see where prices are at.

The books in the other pics are all listed, the Titans & Avengers are all low-mid grade, some more Avengers will come this fall. I hit a few comic stores around Albany & snagged some newer stuff, there are also some new additions to the running list up above.

Funny note - I was browsing Ebay & found the AF 15 in completed listings, I copied a pic & pasted it up above. Sold for $9600 so he made a few bucks but not much.

Right now I figure on shutting down the Treehouse on Sunday night the 8th, re-open around the 1st of October. I've been planning this for a while, it's usually very slow now & I have a sick relative I want to go spend a little time with, visit a few other people too. I also plan to hit some comic shops, new listings will be full speed ahead this fall.

Final note - I started a new thread in the forums under "seller's discussion", you can request & view big scans of Treehouse listings there. The first post will be a grading guide of sorts, something I'll gradually add to/edit/revise.

I have a few more batches of newer stuff to go in, check the running list above. Back soon - Doug

CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:36:02 PM

Shop at My Store

Quick update, Treehouse is pretty much up & running now. During travels I hit about 30 comic shops, the pic below is the 9+ longboxes I brought home. Also had a chance to stop by the CCL offices, that's me blocking the front door. Lots, I mean lots of stuff to sell, going to be a busy winter. Already added about 500 books, hopefully a few orders roll in to help open up some space. Pretty soon the 50 cent shelf will be changed to a 60 cent shelf & more books will be thrown in. Hope all are well, check the list at the top of this thread for the latest additions. More soon -

Doug at Treehouse

CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:36:31 PM

Shop at My Store

More stuff going in, some Thors from the JA collection, running list is updated too. The Avengers & Strange Tales shown below will be in shortly, both at FN+ (edit - both are sold), the Thor 200 is already listed at FN, scans of the back covers are provided in the listings. Some other books are listed separately on Ebay, anything you see there can be listed here a slightly lower price (or tacked onto your invoice). 2000 books added in the last month, also adding stuff to the new 60 cent bin on a daily basis. Back soon - Doug

CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 11:28:43 PM

Shop at My Store

Dipping into a few of the heavies, just added an FF annual 1 (edit - sold) graded as a 6.5 or FN+, priced at $185. Pretty white actually for a 50 year old book, the main bugaboo with a lot of the JA books is tanning but this one dodged it. Also just scanned some early Avengers including 3, 5 and 6, all these old books tend to go in a few at a time, it's work but it's fun work. Feel free to check out the 60 cent bin with 2600+ items, back soon -

Doug at Treehouse

CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2013 4:44:55 PM

Shop at My Store

Couple more goodies, juat added an Avengers 6 in VGF for $99 and an FF Annual 5 (first solo Silver Surfer) in VF- (and close to unread) for $65. Also have an Avengers 3 in 1.5 to 1.8 and an Avengers 5 in 5.5 with tanning if anyone's interested.

Remember, buying at the Treehouse is risk free, if you get a book & don't like the grade, return shipping is free. It's the return policy you wish your favorite seller had! Back soon -

CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 8:10:26 PM

Shop at My Store

Haven't posted any pics in a while, sold the Avengers 4 but took a quick snapshot before packing it up, was probably a 5.5. Media mail has been on hiatus since 2/3, I'm enjoying a little breather, it'll be available again fairly soon though. Hope all are well, current running list is posted above, back soon - Doug