Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Feeback Rating suggestion needed Options
yourplace2
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:36:10 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
I'm sorry, but if you don't have the time to do it properly, don't waste your time and anybody else's by doing it half-assed.
As for this:
yourplace2 wrote:
One of the biggest comic sellers out there, not on CCL thank god, is Mile High.
Buy from them, and every order will have OUT OF STOCK issues.
I've made well over 100 orders from their site and this has only happened to me twice. That's not exactly "every order".

I know it's fun and popular to villify MH, but over-exaggeration isn't necessary.

The few times I bought from them was mostly off their Ebay listings, and that is where my experience comes from. Many times I have bought from his Ebay listings to find those on Ebay are out of stock.

So, while I agree about over exagerating, this is based on my own experiences. Which is what this thread is implying. The OP has had this experience of "2 out of 17" out of stock or undelivered for some reason. Is he over exagerating a problem that is real? or just looking at it from his own preferences of what SHOULD BE the NORM or even more, that he simply refuses ANY issues other than "complete fufillment of his order is the expected outcome".

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:33:46 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I wouldnt leave feedback good or bad in this situation. While it sucks they didnt have the comic you ordered it isnt the end of the world. They didnt ignore you emails or make things worse. One thing I have found is no seller is perfect and errors happen more often then not. Its how the seller deals with the error that makes the difference.

I probably wouldnt shop at that store anymore but thats it.

As to the mile high store someone mentioned, I have placed tons and tons of orders with them and never once had an out of stock.

kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:48:19 AM

Groups: Member

As to mile high, I bought 1 book from them a couple of days ago...from their eBay listings, noone had it here, and only a couple copies on eBay...total was just under 8 bucks shipped...well they contacted me yesterday and the book is out of stock, kind of ticked me off, but then they gave me a full refund plus a $20 credit. I thought that went well over and above...
BruceReville
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:36:03 PM

I bought a few items from Mile High with hit or miss results. A majority of the time this misses come fromw hen I bought off of their Ebay page and it would be "Out Of Stock" some of the time.

But one company I have been having problems with the most is Lone Star aka MyComicShop. Order a book that lists as polybagged and ship a version that isn't polybagged. Order the premium foil cover and get sent a standard cover. Worst of all their grading is off and sometimes WAY OFF!

In what universe is a comic in G/VG condition missing 4 pages of stories?

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

yourplace2
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:01:15 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

BruceReville wrote:
I bought a few items from Mile High with hit or miss results. A majority of the time this misses come fromw hen I bought off of their Ebay page and it would be "Out Of Stock" some of the time.

But one company I have been having problems with the most is Lone Star aka MyComicShop. Order a book that lists as polybagged and ship a version that isn't polybagged. Order the premium foil cover and get sent a standard cover. Worst of all their grading is off and sometimes WAY OFF!

Laughing Rolling on the Floor

Were the rest of the book G/VG at least?

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 2:42:07 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

UPDATE

Some detail of the two transactions:

Order #1 wrote:
Order Placed for 17 comics

Next Day: I asked to add another issue that was listed overnight, replied yes and may need to swap it out for a missing book anyway.

Day After Next: Confirmed no luck finding issue and would replace with another book, giving the difference back in cash with the shipment.

Week or so later, received the order and discovered an incorrect book - improper listing of a standard cover as a foil variant - and notified seller.

Day And A Half Later: Seller acknowledged error and I received refund for variant via PayPal

So, this pretty much was a red flag for a store with a pretty bad inventory and cataloging problem since 2 out of 17 (11.76% weren't actually in stock).

Fast forward three months and I decide to try again anyway as I had added some stuff to my Wish List that this store had at good prices, including the ONLY copy of the book that goes missing. A book that (and if they didn't already know I was specifically talking about them, they will now) they somewhat recently added to the database!

Order #2 wrote:
Order Placed for 10 comics

Three Days Later: PM received that a book is misfiled or stolen but they will recheck inventory when back in the store (which turns out to be today, Tuesday) and issue a refund if it's not found.

Two More Days Later: Refund received via PayPal for single missing issue.

The Next Day: Issue found! Seller offered to send it free in a separate shipping. I offered to pay back the refunded amount.

Two Days Following: Shipment (less MIA book) received and looks good.
(rest of the story pending)

Oh, and I guess it must be my fault that another order I put in the same day sent one NM issue that has a big pen mark across the logo and two books that were variants of the ones I ordered. Sellers misrepresenting their inventory or pulling wrong copies once again must all be on me. Rolling Eyes

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 3:35:00 PM

SwiftMann wrote:

Oh, and I guess it must be my fault that another order I put in the same day sent one NM issue that has a big pen mark across the logo and two books that were variants of the ones I ordered. Sellers misrepresenting their inventory or pulling wrong copies once again must all be on me. Rolling Eyes

I think it just must be something in the air.

Placed order here for signed book received unsigned book

placed order on ebay for mint silverage spiderman, received issue with missing cover

placed order on M&M comics and received half my order, other half went to store credit which is worthless since dont need anything else and they charge $10 shipping.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 4:50:19 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

I think it just must be something in the air.

Placed order here for signed book received unsigned book

placed order on ebay for mint silverage spiderman, received issue with missing cover

placed order on M&M comics and received half my order, other half went to store credit which is worthless since dont need anything else and they charge $10 shipping.

Mint book missing its cover? Whaaa?!Confused

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 5:27:16 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Mint book missing its cover? Whaaa?!Confused

I will say the inside was in perfect condition though, lol

BruceReville
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2013 5:49:01 PM

yourplace2 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

Laughing Rolling on the Floor

Were the rest of the book G/VG at least?

Actually the rest was very close to Fine - front cover was in great shape - back cover has moisture damage in the center where it looks like someone set a wet cup on it - pages white inside - it was a Green Lantern #10

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!