Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Superior Spider-Man Clashes With The New Venom Options
kidlippy
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:38:25 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:
Spider-Man/Peter fought Venom/Flash in Venom's early issues. With what I remember, the symbiote didn't know Peter and Spidey were the same and if it did, it didn't let Flash know this. So I don't think the symbiote will notice who Superior Spider-Man really is.
if i remember right wasnt the symbiote keep the information from flash or something?

To be honest, I have no idea. I have to re read my issues now because of this topic.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:00:12 PM

Groups: Member

yeah i may do the same

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:03:28 PM

ok so i was back through my ASM and i found it (about the whole spidey ID thing)! in ASM 673. during spider island peter said "look i got spider powers too" and that weakened the spell Dr. strange put in place so people couldn't figure out what his secret identity was. that was bugging the crap outta me lol

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:18:53 PM

so this is what Gage had to say about the whole symbiote and the new spidey ID
Quote:
Nrama: Flash has a long history with Spider-Man –he grew up idolizing the Peter Parker version, but that’s not the one he’s meeting with here. How are you tying the history – or non-history in terms of Doc Ock & Flash meetings – into this impeding face-off?

Gage: It’s a big part of the story. When Otto removed all traces of Peter’s mind from his, he basically lost any chance to “read” any of Pete’s memories that he hadn’t already looked at. And he hadn’t had any reason to recall Pete’s friendship with Flash. So when Otto/Pete encounters him, he has no idea who Flash Thompson is…though it’s clear Flash knows him. Which means there’s a danger of his secret being exposed. And we know Otto will go to great lengths to protect his secret…

Pin It Superior Spider-Man #22 Interior by Humberto Ramos & Victor Olazaba
CREDIT: Marvel Comics
View full size image
Nrama: And you also have the added catalyst of the Venom symbiote being in on this, who isn’t on the best terms with Spider-Man – no matter who’s inside it. What’s the Venom symbiote thinking in all of this?

Gage: That’s the wild card. It’s not a human being, it’s an alien, whose thought processes we can’t possibly understand. When Peter magically erased the memory of his secret identity from the minds of everyone in the world, did that include the symbiote? It has a new host…how does it feel about its old one?

Nrama: Seeing Superior Spider-Man come up against the Venom symbiote, another creature who unsuccessfully tried to gain control of Peter’s body, is an interesting idea. What can you say about that?

Gage: It brings up some interesting questions. Does the symbiote remember its former host? Does it remember that he’s Peter Parker…does a creature like this even grasp the concept of a “secret identity?” And whether it does or not, will it sense that there is something different – something off – about its former host now? How will it respond? That’s a huge part of the story.

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:22:34 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
so this is what Gage had to say about the whole symbiote and the new spidey ID
Quote:
Nrama: Flash has a long history with Spider-Man –he grew up idolizing the Peter Parker version, but that’s not the one he’s meeting with here. How are you tying the history – or non-history in terms of Doc Ock & Flash meetings – into this impeding face-off?

Gage: It’s a big part of the story. When Otto removed all traces of Peter’s mind from his, he basically lost any chance to “read” any of Pete’s memories that he hadn’t already looked at. And he hadn’t had any reason to recall Pete’s friendship with Flash. So when Otto/Pete encounters him, he has no idea who Flash Thompson is…though it’s clear Flash knows him. Which means there’s a danger of his secret being exposed. And we know Otto will go to great lengths to protect his secret…

Pin It Superior Spider-Man #22 Interior by Humberto Ramos & Victor Olazaba
CREDIT: Marvel Comics
View full size image
Nrama: And you also have the added catalyst of the Venom symbiote being in on this, who isn’t on the best terms with Spider-Man – no matter who’s inside it. What’s the Venom symbiote thinking in all of this?

Gage: That’s the wild card. It’s not a human being, it’s an alien, whose thought processes we can’t possibly understand. When Peter magically erased the memory of his secret identity from the minds of everyone in the world, did that include the symbiote? It has a new host…how does it feel about its old one?

Nrama: Seeing Superior Spider-Man come up against the Venom symbiote, another creature who unsuccessfully tried to gain control of Peter’s body, is an interesting idea. What can you say about that?

Gage: It brings up some interesting questions. Does the symbiote remember its former host? Does it remember that he’s Peter Parker…does a creature like this even grasp the concept of a “secret identity?” And whether it does or not, will it sense that there is something different – something off – about its former host now? How will it respond? That’s a huge part of the story.

Interesting, thanks.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:43:37 AM

no problem, I was reading and thinking, "whoa, this is the same conversation we've been having!" lol