Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
War with Syria Options
KingZombie
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 7:16:19 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,526
Points: 90,007
Location: NJ
comicuniversity wrote:
yes. Absolutely. You are a liar ( at least politically.....I have no idea how you are in other aspects of your life. Unfortunately, in this country for some reason, lying about politics has become acceptable) And to say I have no real argument is another lie. I have made an absolute ironclad case, backed up by verifiable first generation sources.

You, on the other hand, have distorted your own sources, and flat out denied ironclad sources, like the senate intelligence committe, General Tommy Franks and President George W. Bush.


I would ask any mod intending to lock this thread because of personal attacks, please do not. CU is in the minority here in doing that and whatever he labels me as is purely out of grasping at straws.

To the others reading this, let me explain what CU is doing now. This is what is known as circular logic. He cannot move forward in his argument so he falls back to what he has said before, ignoring facts that point to the contrary and putting it into context.

You have not provided any sources, you've only made statements which you admitted to only doing because as you said, it's not worth your time.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 10:29:41 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 2,372
Points: 8,616
Location: Richmond, VA
I'm so confused I can't tell who's arguing for what anymore!Laughing Maybe we need a scorecard.

I thought this thread was about what do do (if anything) about the situation in Syria.

Maybe it should be renamed "Controversial Topic Thread"

What are your views on abortion, gay rights, my religion is better than yours, the War on Drugs, race relations, Miller Lite - does it taste great or is it less filling?

You know, easy topics.Tongue

REACTION!!!Silly

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.




Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
Atilla2k
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 10:39:34 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 10/8/2007
Posts: 1,459
Points: 80,331
Location: NY
KingZombie wrote:
I would ask any mod intending to lock this thread because of personal attacks, please do not. CU is in the minority here in doing that and whatever he labels me as is purely out of grasping at straws.


Please lock it already.

KingZombie wrote:
To the others reading this, let me explain what CU is doing now. This is what is known as circular logic. He cannot move forward in his argument so he falls back to what he has said before, ignoring facts that point to the contrary and putting it into context.


Isn't that what you've been doing all along?



KingZombie wrote:
You have not provided any sources, you've only made statements which you admitted to only doing because as you said, it's not worth your time.


For the love of God, lock this thread already! It's obvious there is no objectivity here just Right Wing B.S. Vs. Left Wing B.S. (w/ a few exceptions of level-headed logic, NOT from the right either).... This is why nothing gets done in America each side is out to sabotage the other.

lbej
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 10:47:53 AM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 6/7/2009
Posts: 244
Points: 732
Atilla2k wrote:
For the love of God, lock this thread already! It's obvious there is no objectivity here just Right Wing B.S. Vs. Left Wing B.S. (w/ a few exceptions of level-headed logic, NOT from the right either).... This is why nothing gets done in America each side is out to sabotage the other.


This is the point I tried to make several pages ago, and the fact that it's impossible to do so is why I bowed out. The thread should be locked because it's doing nothing now but damaging the CCL community. If this ever was a debate, it's not that anymore. This argument will never be settled. All we can do is continue to hold elections and let the voters have the last word.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
KingZombie
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 10:51:28 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,526
Points: 90,007
Location: NJ
Atilla2k wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
I would ask any mod intending to lock this thread because of personal attacks, please do not. CU is in the minority here in doing that and whatever he labels me as is purely out of grasping at straws.


Please lock it already.

KingZombie wrote:
To the others reading this, let me explain what CU is doing now. This is what is known as circular logic. He cannot move forward in his argument so he falls back to what he has said before, ignoring facts that point to the contrary and putting it into context.


Isn't that what you've been doing all along?


No, it might seem that way because others seem to forget what I've stated already (or conveniently ignored) so I have to repeat myself. But no, I have been trying to move forward.

Atilla2k wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
You have not provided any sources, you've only made statements which you admitted to only doing because as you said, it's not worth your time.


For the love of God, lock this thread already! It's obvious there is no objectivity here just Right Wing B.S. Vs. Left Wing B.S. (w/ a few exceptions of level-headed logic, NOT from the right either).... This is why nothing gets done in America each side is out to sabotage the other.


Look, no one is forcing you to read this thread. If you don't like what you see, don't read it. It's as simple as that.
lbej
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 10:53:17 AM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 6/7/2009
Posts: 244
Points: 732
KingZombie wrote:
Look, no one is forcing you to read this thread. If you don't like what you see, don't read it. It's as simple as that.


Lock it before KZ's head catches on fire...wait, never mind.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
KingZombie
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 10:58:01 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,526
Points: 90,007
Location: NJ
lbej wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
Look, no one is forcing you to read this thread. If you don't like what you see, don't read it. It's as simple as that.


Lock it before KZ's head catches on fire...wait, never mind.


So much for "bowing out", eh? Ask to lock it, then one last jab. That doesn't bolster any of your arguments when you stoop to this level.
Jim
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 10:59:25 AM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,407
Points: 10,096,191
Location: Everett, WA
KingZombie wrote:
lbej wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
Look, no one is forcing you to read this thread. If you don't like what you see, don't read it. It's as simple as that.


Lock it before KZ's head catches on fire...wait, never mind.


So much for "bowing out", eh? Ask to lock it, then one last jab. That doesn't bolster any of your arguments when you stoop to this level.


KZ, I think lbej was kidding, referencing your avatar.
lbej
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 11:01:44 AM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 6/7/2009
Posts: 244
Points: 732
KingZombie wrote:
lbej wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
Look, no one is forcing you to read this thread. If you don't like what you see, don't read it. It's as simple as that.


Lock it before KZ's head catches on fire...wait, never mind.


So much for "bowing out", eh? Ask to lock it, then one last jab. That doesn't bolster any of your arguments when you stoop to this level.


It was a joke, man. Your avatar is a flaming head...it's on fire. I was joking. This a a community of comic book fans. If we need any more evidence that this thread is doing more harm than good, there it is.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
lbej
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 11:24:50 AM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 6/7/2009
Posts: 244
Points: 732
KingZombie wrote:
So we have another president threatening war with another country, claiming WMDs, sending warships to the area and all indications are we are going to invade Syria.

Question: where's the outrage this time? Where are the protests?



This is what KZ said when he started the thread, either looking for people to bash Obama or cheer Bush, and picking a fight either way. After nine pages, I doubt anyone has changed his position, but a lot of folks are angry--and for no reason. The Iraq War is over, President Bush served his two terms and retired to Texas. No argument about that era can be considered 'moving on.' When I made a joke about KZ's Ghost Rider avatar I was told that didn't bolster my argument. Of course it doesn't! I wasn't arguing anymore, I was being a comic book fan.

This thread should be locked, period.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
KingZombie
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 1:22:45 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,526
Points: 90,007
Location: NJ
lbej wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
So we have another president threatening war with another country, claiming WMDs, sending warships to the area and all indications are we are going to invade Syria.

Question: where's the outrage this time? Where are the protests?



This is what KZ said when he started the thread, either looking for people to bash Obama or cheer Bush, and picking a fight either way. After nine pages, I doubt anyone has changed his position, but a lot of folks are angry--and for no reason. The Iraq War is over, President Bush served his two terms and retired to Texas. No argument about that era can be considered 'moving on.' When I made a joke about KZ's Ghost Rider avatar I was told that didn't bolster my argument. Of course it doesn't! I wasn't arguing anymore, I was being a comic book fan.

This thread should be locked, period.


It seems to me the only people who want this thread locked are the ones who can't further their argument, have been proven wrong and can't admit it.

This is a forum tiled "Life Outside Comics". If you don't want to argue anymore and just be a "comic book fan", then stop reading this thread and then posting about it. You attack my character and then I'm supposed to just laugh off your joke? If we were on friendly terms I'd let it go, but you've made it clear we are not.

I did not pick a fight with anyone. I was voicing my opinion that we are on the verge of another war and there is not the same outrage this time as there was almost 10 years ago. (Man I hate repeating myself, but well, it seems like I have to. Lots of short term memory among my critics.)
lbej
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 2:00:41 PM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 6/7/2009
Posts: 244
Points: 732
KingZombie wrote:
lbej wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
So we have another president threatening war with another country, claiming WMDs, sending warships to the area and all indications are we are going to invade Syria.

Question: where's the outrage this time? Where are the protests?



This is what KZ said when he started the thread, either looking for people to bash Obama or cheer Bush, and picking a fight either way. After nine pages, I doubt anyone has changed his position, but a lot of folks are angry--and for no reason. The Iraq War is over, President Bush served his two terms and retired to Texas. No argument about that era can be considered 'moving on.' When I made a joke about KZ's Ghost Rider avatar I was told that didn't bolster my argument. Of course it doesn't! I wasn't arguing anymore, I was being a comic book fan.

This thread should be locked, period.


It seems to me the only people who want this thread locked are the ones who can't further their argument, have been proven wrong and can't admit it.

This is a forum tiled "Life Outside Comics". If you don't want to argue anymore and just be a "comic book fan", then stop reading this thread and then posting about it. You attack my character and then I'm supposed to just laugh off your joke? If we were on friendly terms I'd let it go, but you've made it clear we are not.

I did not pick a fight with anyone. I was voicing my opinion that we are on the verge of another war and there is not the same outrage this time as there was almost 10 years ago. (Man I hate repeating myself, but well, it seems like I have to. Lots of short term memory among my critics.)


I'm sorry that you feel that way. I never attacked your character, even if others did; I attacked your positions. I never made clear we aren't on friendly terms; I've bought from your store in the past and was happy with my purchase. Even if this is 'life outside comics' the website is Comic Collector Live. You have a Ghost Rider avatar.

The irony is that Obama seems to be backing down now on Syria, and listening to his critics--whether he should or not. The war with Syria may not happen after all.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
Jim
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 2:19:57 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,407
Points: 10,096,191
Location: Everett, WA
Ok folks. I've been asked by several people to lock this thread, however the since the OP has explicitly asked not to and so far I've personally seen no valid reason to I'll give the thread an opportunity to get back on track and not further degenerate into hollow accusations of personal attacks or false projection of negative intent.

To be clear, it is at the moderators/forum admins sole discretion as to when and why a thread gets locked. If there are any questions on this matter please feel free to re-familiarize yourselves with the CCL forum rules found here http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=266834
Atilla2k
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 4:19:50 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 10/8/2007
Posts: 1,459
Points: 80,331
Location: NY
KingZombie wrote:
It seems to me the only people who want this thread locked are the ones who can't further their argument, have been proven wrong and can't admit it.


Sooooo everyone else is wrong and only you are right?....

KingZombie wrote:
I did not pick a fight with anyone. I was voicing my opinion that we are on the verge of another war and there is not the same outrage this time as there was almost 10 years ago. (Man I hate repeating myself, but well, it seems like I have to. Lots of short term memory among my critics.)


This entire thread is 'picking a fight' and you won't listen to anyone else's opinion b/c yours seems to be the only one you consider worth listening to. Also, so what if we're on the verge of another war (most likely we're not, though) wars happen every decade with us, it's nothing new.

KingZombie
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 5:09:12 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,526
Points: 90,007
Location: NJ
Atilla2k wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
It seems to me the only people who want this thread locked are the ones who can't further their argument, have been proven wrong and can't admit it.


Sooooo everyone else is wrong and only you are right?....


Never said or implied that.

Atilla2k wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
I did not pick a fight with anyone. I was voicing my opinion that we are on the verge of another war and there is not the same outrage this time as there was almost 10 years ago. (Man I hate repeating myself, but well, it seems like I have to. Lots of short term memory among my critics.)


This entire thread is 'picking a fight' and you won't listen to anyone else's opinion b/c yours seems to be the only one you consider worth listening to. Also, so what if we're on the verge of another war (most likely we're not, though) wars happen every decade with us, it's nothing new.


It was not my intention to rile up anyone, I was merely voicing my frustration. If you thought that was my intention, that is your opinion.

As far as your "so what" opinion, I think that echoes one of the first posts about the general apathy and cynicism that is pervasive with people nowadays.
KingZombie
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 5:25:51 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,526
Points: 90,007
Location: NJ
lbej wrote:
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I never attacked your character, even if others did; I attacked your positions. I never made clear we aren't on friendly terms; I've bought from your store in the past and was happy with my purchase. Even if this is 'life outside comics' the website is Comic Collector Live. You have a Ghost Rider avatar.

The irony is that Obama seems to be backing down now on Syria, and listening to his critics--whether he should or not. The war with Syria may not happen after all.


Earlier you wrote this:

lbej wrote:
You also made my point for me by ignoring the point I was making--that a true debate on the subject of the Iraq War is impossible because people like you won't admit that mistakes were made--before and after 'Mission Accomplished'--not even when your hero himself is willing to. To you, acknowledging that mistakes were made is a sign of weakness, when in truth it's a sign of strength. Replace all your pseudo-arguments with 'I was right I was right I was right I was right I was right' and the effect is the same. By failing to understand the point I was making--by failing to even try--you've proven that point better than I could, just as I knew you would, and that's what's truly sad about this whole mess.


These statements are a presumption that you know the kind of person I am, who is blind, weak and stubborn. That is a personal attack on someone's character. I have not done the same to you or CU or anyone else.

And Obama is not backing down. He just wants to go to Congress now to approve it. There may not be any military action after all, but that was not my point anyway. My point was there were protests even before the Iraq war. But those same people are silent now.
pottersan
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 5:29:41 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/28/2007
Posts: 4,399
Points: 44,011
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington
lbej wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:
For the love of God, lock this thread already! It's obvious there is no objectivity here just Right Wing B.S. Vs. Left Wing B.S. (w/ a few exceptions of level-headed logic, NOT from the right either).... This is why nothing gets done in America each side is out to sabotage the other.


This is the point I tried to make several pages ago, and the fact that it's impossible to do so is why I bowed out. The thread should be locked because it's doing nothing now but damaging the CCL community. If this ever was a debate, it's not that anymore. This argument will never be settled. All we can do is continue to hold elections and let the voters have the last word.
Really? Did you read any of my posts?

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!



Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
pottersan
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 5:35:22 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/28/2007
Posts: 4,399
Points: 44,011
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington
KingZombie wrote:
lbej wrote:
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I never attacked your character, even if others did; I attacked your positions. I never made clear we aren't on friendly terms; I've bought from your store in the past and was happy with my purchase. Even if this is 'life outside comics' the website is Comic Collector Live. You have a Ghost Rider avatar.

The irony is that Obama seems to be backing down now on Syria, and listening to his critics--whether he should or not. The war with Syria may not happen after all.


Earlier you wrote this:

lbej wrote:
You also made my point for me by ignoring the point I was making--that a true debate on the subject of the Iraq War is impossible because people like you won't admit that mistakes were made--before and after 'Mission Accomplished'--not even when your hero himself is willing to. To you, acknowledging that mistakes were made is a sign of weakness, when in truth it's a sign of strength. Replace all your pseudo-arguments with 'I was right I was right I was right I was right I was right' and the effect is the same. By failing to understand the point I was making--by failing to even try--you've proven that point better than I could, just as I knew you would, and that's what's truly sad about this whole mess.


These statements are a presumption that you know the kind of person I am, who is blind, weak and stubborn. That is a personal attack on someone's character. I have not done the same to you or CU or anyone else.

And Obama is not backing down. He just wants to go to Congress now to approve it. There may not be any military action after all, but that was not my point anyway. My point was there were protests even before the Iraq war. But those same people are silent now.
Not entirely;

"People across the world have protested against possible US military intervention in Syria. Demonstrators with anti-war and pro-Syria placards marched in the US, Jordan and Venezuela.
Anti-war protests have been held across the United States in response to President Barack Obama’s plans to use military force against Syria over the alleged use of chemical weapons.
Dozens of people took to the streets in Houston to voice their opposition to possible US strikes against Damascus. The protesters carried placards reading “We Don’t Want Obama’s War” and “Hands off Syria”.
In Washington, anti-war demonstrators rallied outside the White House as Obama made his statement on Syria.
In Los Angeles, about 200 protesters waived “No More War” signs at street intersections, blocking traffic in some areas. Two arrests were reported.
In Boston, some 200 people came to the Boston Commons to protest against possible intervention, chanting “Don’t Bomb Syria”.
An anti-war rally in the Arkansas Capitol drew more than two dozen protesters, some of whom wore T-shirts with the legend, “No US Intervention in Syria”.
In Chicago, about 40 people defied rain to express their disagreement with Obama by circling a sculpture in Daley Plaza, bearing signs reading “No War in Syria”.
Read more: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_09_01/photo-Obomba-dont-drone-Syria-anti-war-protests-held-around-the-world-3847/"

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!



Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
pottersan
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 5:39:43 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/28/2007
Posts: 4,399
Points: 44,011
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington
Here's a poll from the above Russian site FYI;

If Obama makes a decision to intervene in Syria he will:
46 %Commit a war crime and would have to face International Criminal Court in Hague
4 %Become a dictator akin Mugabe
6 %Be stripped of his Nobel Peace Prize
17 %Jeopardize American relations with Russia and nuclear-armed Iran
17 %Be considered a vivid Al-Qaeda supporter
10 %Be seen as a true American leader acting from US best interests

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!



Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
KingZombie
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 5:51:14 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/14/2007
Posts: 4,526
Points: 90,007
Location: NJ
LOL, thanks for that pottersan. This kind of goes in line with my allegations towards the mainstream media and the fact that you had to go to a Russian web site to find it. (At least I assume it's Russian from the name, your link doesn't work for me).

Well, I'm glad to see that some of the people who protested the other wars are out there this time too. At least they can't be called hypocrites. But really "dozens". That's a pretty small crowd for some places. 200 is bigger but not in comparison to the protesting during the pre-Iraq War period.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.509 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231