Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Howie's CCL NFL Competition - Picks Thread Options
BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:37:41 AM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/21/2010
Posts: 997
Points: 2,991
Next week we have a real tough pick to make:

Jacksonville at Oakland Devil

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!



MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:55:59 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,236
Points: 11,920
Location: Richmond, VA
jbeeman85 wrote:
Looking like most of us, myself included, are really going to be hurting if the Patriots lose since majority are making it their lock pick. It's a rare occasion when I actually want a Boston area team to win.


I noticed that as well. I'm starting to sweat...Pray

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:56:38 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,236
Points: 11,920
Location: Richmond, VA
BruceReville wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:
Looking like most of us, myself included, are really going to be hurting if the Patriots lose since majority are making it their lock pick. It's a rare occasion when I actually want a Boston area team to win.


I'm saving that for when they play the Jets next week

Good strategy!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:01:41 AM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 520
Points: 1,654
Location: Nashville, TN
BruceReville wrote:
Next week we have a real tough pick to make:

Jacksonville at Oakland Devil


Wow, that may be one of the toughest picks all year. I don't want to talk too much mess about the Jaguars, my Titans always seem to find a way to lose to them every year.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:34:31 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,236
Points: 11,920
Location: Richmond, VA
Time is running out for getting in on the first week! Today at 8:30 PM EST is the deadline!



Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:07:03 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,236
Points: 11,920
Location: Richmond, VA
jbeeman85 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
Next week we have a real tough pick to make:

Jacksonville at Oakland Devil


Wow, that may be one of the toughest picks all year. I don't want to talk too much mess about the Jaguars, my Titans always seem to find a way to lose to them every year.


Hey Jeremy,

I heard a story in the summer about a Titans player who rescued a woman and children from a burning vehicle on the highway. Can't remember his name right now, I did read an article about it and saw some video/news coverage.

Did he make the team? I certainly hope so. But if not I hope the Redskins sign him! What a freaking great guy!

It's too bad the news is dominated by cheaters, murderers, druggies, wife beaters and drunken drivers. Those guys are the minority but they receive the maximum coverage.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:45:29 AM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 520
Points: 1,654
Location: Nashville, TN
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Hey Jeremy,

I heard a story in the summer about a Titans player who rescued a woman and children from a burning vehicle on the highway. Can't remember his name right now, I did read an article about it and saw some video/news coverage.

Did he make the team? I certainly hope so. But if not I hope the Redskins sign him! What a freaking great guy!

It's too bad the news is dominated by cheaters, murderers, druggies, wife beaters and drunken drivers. Those guys are the minority but they receive the maximum coverage.


His name is Jonathan Willard. He was cut but is now on the practice squad. I thought they would keep him on the primary roster at least as a special team guy just for the story if nothing else.
BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:47:55 AM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/21/2010
Posts: 997
Points: 2,991
jbeeman85 wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Hey Jeremy,

I heard a story in the summer about a Titans player who rescued a woman and children from a burning vehicle on the highway. Can't remember his name right now, I did read an article about it and saw some video/news coverage.

Did he make the team? I certainly hope so. But if not I hope the Redskins sign him! What a freaking great guy!

It's too bad the news is dominated by cheaters, murderers, druggies, wife beaters and drunken drivers. Those guys are the minority but they receive the maximum coverage.


His name is Jonathan Willard. He was cut but is now on the practice squad. I thought they would keep him on the primary roster at least as a special team guy just for the story if nothing else.


LINK

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!



MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:57:24 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,236
Points: 11,920
Location: Richmond, VA
That's him! Sometimes athletes are called "hero" for something they did on the field. Jonathan Willard doesn't have to play a single down of football for me to consider him a Hero.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


Reggie
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 7:32:46 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/8/2007
Posts: 1,896
Points: 33,245
Location: Florida
GAME ON!!!




comicuniversity
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 7:57:20 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,322
Points: 4,741
WOW!

Nobody picked the Super Bowl Champs!?
Reggie
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 8:38:16 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/8/2007
Posts: 1,896
Points: 33,245
Location: Florida
comicuniversity wrote:
WOW!

Nobody picked the Super Bowl Champs!?


I guess Manning out weighs the Super Bowl Champs. He almost broke the record for touchdown passes last night.



MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 8:57:07 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,236
Points: 11,920
Location: Richmond, VA
I thought that the Broncos would win but I am surprised at how thoroughly they spanked the Ravens. I guess they were really PO'ed about that humongous Joe Flacco banner on the side of the stadium!Shame on You

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 9:56:51 AM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 520
Points: 1,654
Location: Nashville, TN
Reggie wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
WOW!

Nobody picked the Super Bowl Champs!?


I guess Manning out weighs the Super Bowl Champs. He almost broke the record for touchdown passes last night.



Thank you Peyton for giving me a nice lead in my fantasy matchup this week.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 11:02:03 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,236
Points: 11,920
Location: Richmond, VA
comicuniversity wrote:
. Any team vs. the Jets is a lock. lol

But the Jets just signed Brady Quinn!Laughing

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2013 1:35:21 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/21/2010
Posts: 997
Points: 2,991
Ok -- When is the last time there were 3 safeties on opening weekend? Silly

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!



Reggie
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2013 3:43:32 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/8/2007
Posts: 1,896
Points: 33,245
Location: Florida
MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
. Any team vs. the Jets is a lock. lol

But the Jets just signed Brady Quinn!Laughing


You sure about that?!?!?! Angry



MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2013 4:11:15 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,236
Points: 11,920
Location: Richmond, VA
Reggie wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
. Any team vs. the Jets is a lock. lol

But the Jets just signed Brady Quinn!Laughing


You sure about that?!?!?! Angry


Yeah, what happened!?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2013 4:12:26 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,236
Points: 11,920
Location: Richmond, VA
New Lock Pick strategy - pick against the Jaguars!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2013 5:32:41 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/21/2010
Posts: 997
Points: 2,991
MoonKnight1 wrote:
New Lock Pick strategy - pick against the Jaguars!


Or the Steelers - Dang they played very badly

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!



Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.593 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241