Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
I will be dead before my updates process completes Options
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 5:12:40 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Doesn't matter what time of day I try to open the desktop software - slow as molasses in January to start/update.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Atilla2k
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 11:47:53 PM

Joe wrote:
Is this happening at certain times of the day?

We have our ISP monitoring our hardware, but any specific info you can provide will help.

Thanks.

JB

Just happened to me, took a looong time.

Joe
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 7:53:58 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

OK, I escalated this request at my ISP. We have plenty of band width, so I am having them test connection between my servers.

JB

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 11:53:28 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
I do as well, and usually it's no problem. I open the software at least 5 times a week and it never takes very long. But when I had to reinstall the software after getting my new computer the Sync took 7 hours for 13,000 items.

Why not just back-up the files with a remote device/internet site and re-install on the new computer?

I thought I had backed up everything on a CD but for some reason it didn't work? Almost certainly something I did wrong.

Hold on--so you had no files to back up, and just downloaded the CCL software, opened up your old account, ran a synch, and it totally restored your store without the help of any saved files on your computer?
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:03:42 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
I do as well, and usually it's no problem. I open the software at least 5 times a week and it never takes very long. But when I had to reinstall the software after getting my new computer the Sync took 7 hours for 13,000 items.

Why not just back-up the files with a remote device/internet site and re-install on the new computer?

I thought I had backed up everything on a CD but for some reason it didn't work? Almost certainly something I did wrong.

Hold on--so you had no files to back up, and just downloaded the CCL software, opened up your old account, ran a synch, and it totally restored your store without the help of any saved files on your computer?

Yes, exactly. I did lose some stuff. I had about 450 G.I. Joe comics in my Review & Send that disappeared and need to be re-entered but that's it.

The sync took about seven hours - 5-1/2 for the individual comics and 1-1/2 for the store shelves.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:05:47 PM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Yes, exactly. I did lose some stuff. I had about 450 G.I. Joe comics in my Review & Send that disappeared and need to be re-entered but that's it.

The sync took about seven hours - 5-1/2 for the individual comics and 1-1/2 for the store shelves.

This is very good to know. We restore out computer back to factory sometimes, and even though I back up my files with Carbonite, strange things always seem to happen when I restore the CCL files. Good to know that if all is ever totally lost, I have options.
yourplace2
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 4:00:55 PM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

WHile I haven't done this in the past few months, the same works for me. I have three different computers I work with. I can download the CCL software on any computer, and have access to my store inventory.

I think the thing that works with this, is that we are not holding many items as a collection, just inventory. That is the reason your store remains. The store is your back up, but of your items you want to sell. The software on your computer is a db of your collection, which if not updated regularly with the online db, can take forever getting new information.

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

Joe
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 5:50:43 PM

Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

This is very good to know. We restore out computer back to factory sometimes, and even though I back up my files with Carbonite, strange things always seem to happen when I restore the CCL files. Good to know that if all is ever totally lost, I have options.

Be aware that carbonite will cause CCL to freeze if it is running in the background, and CCL is doing updates. You want to make sure that carbonite only backs up CCL file when CCL is not running.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

Joe
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 1:52:47 PM

We have run tests on the servers and we are getting about 20 requests per second when hitting queries. That is pretty darn good. Not sure why you are experiencing delays with your updates.

We will be checking web services, and Database connection to see if there is any latency.

I'll keep you posted.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

Joe
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:09:01 AM

ok, we have spent some time evaluating this request. We ran tests did not find any performance issues. We were able to get 400Mbs out and 200Mbs in consistently. So I don't think this is a bandwidth issue.

Also, we ran tests on both Databases and are getting excellent response.

This very well could be a problem on your system with some sort of backup program like carbonite, or anti virus that may be evaluating your communication between your computer and CCL.

I would check to make sure that CCL is a trusted site with any antivirus, and that your backup program is not accessing ComicData.sdf while your comic collector live program is running.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

Atilla2k
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:57:08 AM

Ok. Thanks for looking into it.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:58:54 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

We haven't heard back from mcamp60 ...I hope he's OK

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

dunleavy75
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:13:00 PM

Groups: Member

MoonKnight1 wrote:
We haven't heard back from mcamp60 ...I hope he's OK

Laughing

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
AlacrityFitzhugh
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:12:33 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Well, I took the plunge and kicked off an update after about a year of not doing so (about 16k titles) Took about an hour. All good!

-- Alacrity