Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL 2013-14 Options
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 10:03:41 AM

Groups: Member

It's almost that time again, so lace up your skates and bring out those jerseys, cause it's hockey time. And this time it's for a FULL season and not that shortened season mess that was last year. I know it's about a month until the regular season but training camps are getting fired up and preseason games start next week.

I just got my season tickets in the mail to go see my Predators try to erase the embarrassment that was last season. Such a small box for close to $2,000, but hey, it's worth it.

Go Preds.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 11:08:34 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hey Jeremy!

Never too early to start thinking hockey!

What's this I hear about the Predators not allowing ticket sales to Blackhawks fans? I want to come down and see a game with my brother who lives in Nashville. Will they turn me away if I show up in my Jonathan Toews #19 sweater?Crying Laughing

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 11:45:29 AM

They're making it so that you have to buy tickets to another game if you want Blackhawks tickets. Also, the Preds are offering any season ticket holder who does not want to go to the Blackhawks game some incentives if they turn them back into the box office instead of selling them on StubHub or other similar outlets. They will fully refund the tickets, plus give you extra tickets to an additional game (which if I already have seats to every game this doesn't really help much), and an extra 500 "Smashville Points." Smashville points are accumulated based on price of tickets, how often you attend, and other things and can be used to purchase seat upgrades, memorabilia, tickets or discounts to other events at Bridgestone Arena, etc.

It does get annoying on those Saturday nights when Chicago is in town coming to the game and seeing that the Preds season ticket holders sold to Hawks fans and non season ticket people decided to skip the game and let Chicago people flood the place. Then we get to listen to the disrespectful cheering through the anthem, and bragging about how successful they are compared to the Preds. Where all these Chicago "fans" were ten years ago when they sucked is a whole other issue.

As long as you're respectful the majority of the Preds fans will welcome you. Detroit fans have been showing up since the start and there's not much "hate" shown towards the fans.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 3:21:03 PM

Shop at My Store

When I come to town I will be sure to let you know. Maybe we can meet.

My brother lives in Nolansville, just a little to the south of Nashville.

I like the sound of "Smashville"!

I promise that I won't make any noise during the anthem. I'm not very comfortable with that "tradition".

Football is my #1 but hockey is a close second!

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Hall Liquidations
BruceReville
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 3:31:17 PM

Canada Keeps Stealing Our Teams! Angry

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 7:27:13 AM

Preseason starts today for my Predators. They're playing two against the Panthers today. Seems kind of odd to me to play two but I guess there are so many players at camp that there's enough to play two. I think they also did this a couple years ago with Florida. And in possibly just a coincidence, Nashville and Florida share an affiliation with the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones.

Looks like Phoenix-LA and Calgary-Edmonton are doing the double header thing too this year. And the Flyers are doing a split squad game, I've only ever heard of that happening in baseball.

I may be showing some naivety here (bracing for the "southerners don't know hockey" comments) but is it a common thing for teams to play a double header to start off the preseason?
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2013 11:08:49 AM

Shop at My Store

Double header in hockey? Weird.

Is it the end of the line for Brodeur? Martin Brodeur

Hall Liquidations
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 12:56:59 PM

Went to the Predators preseason game last night and they had "hybrid icing" rules in effect. Is this just an experiment for the preseason or is it an official rule change for this year? Either way I missed this being implemented and am having issues getting a clear answer from internet searches, though the more I look it seems like an experiment.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 4:22:01 PM

Shop at My Store

I haven't heard anything about that. What's going on with icing?

I haven't seen much preseason yet but I did see that brawl between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Buffalo Sabres. Holy crap! Guys leaving the bench to join in, goalies squaring off, hundreds of penalty minutes! They do realize it's only preseason don't they?

Hall Liquidations
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:54:06 AM

On icing instead of racing to the puck and icing being called based on who touches the puck first, it is based off who gets to the hash marks first. I am referring to the marks on either side of the face off circles close to the nets if that makes sense. It is supposed to cut down on injuries that happen when guys go full speed crashing into the boards to get icing (or no icing) called in their favor. It's kind of hard to describe.
They use it in NCAA hockey and some other leagues around the world, so you may be able to find a video of it that makes it clearer than the rambling mess I just typed out.
bovard
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:48:42 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
On icing instead of racing to the puck and icing being called based on who touches the puck first, it is based off who gets to the hash marks first. I am referring to the marks on either side of the face off circles close to the nets if that makes sense. It is supposed to cut down on injuries that happen when guys go full speed crashing into the boards to get icing (or no icing) called in their favor. It's kind of hard to describe.
They use it in NCAA hockey and some other leagues around the world, so you may be able to find a video of it that makes it clearer than the rambling mess I just typed out.

That explains it pretty well. To help illustrate it a little more: There is essentially an imaginary line, that is parallel to the end line, between the two defensive zone face off dots (same level as the hash marks on either side of the circle).

Then, on any potential icing, the linesman (not the referee), will whistle the play down if the defensive has reached that point prior to any offensive player, but if an offensive player is getting to that point first, and it appears they would win the race to the puck, then they don't blow the whistle, and the racce is still on to see who will touch it first after it crosses the end line.

Confused yet? Like anything, the potential rule has pros and cons, and those who want it, and those who don't.

The part that does not make sense to me, is if the offensive player gets there first (to the imaginary line at the level of the face off dots), then the race is still on, and the scenario is just as dangerous as the current icing rule.

But, in any case, the players will vote on it at the end of the pre-season, and then it will go to the NHLPA for a vote, and if it's found in favor of, it will be a new rule for this season. From what I've read online, a lot of players and coaches don't like the Hybrid Icing rule, so there's a good chance it won't pass.

bovard
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:53:45 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Double header in hockey? Weird.

Is it the end of the line for Brodeur? Martin Brodeur

I would say Brodeur is near the end of his Hockey career, and he maybe has a season or two still left in him. In the NHL, 20 years is considered a very full career, and he's preety darn close, if not past that already (I would have to look up when exactly he started), but he's got nothing to prove. All those Stanley Cup rings, arguably one of the best goalies ever, etc.

He's probably got the starting position, as of right now, but if he faulters at all, Schnieder will be right in there. Giving up a few goals in a pre-season game is not much to go on, and the circumstance of how they are scored is huge. Coaches teach from an early age that if you turn over the puck, it usually ends up in the back of your net, and generally it's not the goalies fault.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 11:03:16 AM

Shop at My Store

Blackhawks vs Capitals tonight!

Yeeaahhhh!!!!

Let the puck drop!

Hall Liquidations
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 12:12:12 PM

Hybrid icing is now officially a rule. I didn't think it would pass given the negative response I was reading that players were giving the rule. From an owner's perspective I can see them liking it, cut down on injuries and protect their investments.

I have to wait until Thursday until my Predators open the season in St. Louis. I can hardly stand it, hoping that they can make the playoffs this year after last year's injury filled disappointment.
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 9:30:31 AM

Predators season starts tonight at St. Louis. I am kinda wondering what the crowd at the game is going to be like since the Cardinals have a postseason home game today too. It's a tough way to start the season, at St. Louis tonight, then at Colorado tomorrow night. Here's hoping that the Preds get started off on the right foot on their way back to the playoffs after a season to forget.

And one more thing: 82 games this year, wooooooooooo Party Dancing Party Dancing Party
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:01:06 AM

Well, they moved the start time of the Predators-Blues game back 30 minutes to 7:30. The Cards start around 4. Traffic in St. Louis today is going to be total hell. Baseball starting at rush hour and hockey starting roughly when the baseball game should be over. I bet parking fees are going to be through the roof. I am predicting a lot of red in the stands tonight at the hockey game.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:28:18 AM

Shop at My Store

Hey Jeremy,

Are you going to the game? If so then I would advise against going to East St. Louis wearing Predators gear. Actually, I would just advise you to avoid East St. Louis regardless of what you are wearing.

The new Conferences and rules are intriguing - still don't like that the Red Wings and Blackhawks were split up, but I understand the motivation. Same thing about the hybrid icing, if it's for player safety then I guess it's OK.

How about Patrick Roy almost pushing a section of glass over on Boudreau? I always knew he was a red-as$!

Chicago 1-0!

Hall Liquidations
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:43:53 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Hey Jeremy,

Are you going to the game? If so then I would advise against going to East St. Louis wearing Predators gear. Actually, I would just advise you to avoid East St. Louis regardless of what you are wearing.

The new Conferences and rules are intriguing - still don't like that the Red Wings and Blackhawks were split up, but I understand the motivation. Same thing about the hybrid icing, if it's for player safety then I guess it's OK.

How about Patrick Roy almost pushing a section of glass over on Boudreau? I always knew he was a red-as$!

Chicago 1-0!

No, not going to the game. I was thinking about it but other things came up that I needed to be in Nashville to do. I have heard enough about East St. Louis to stay away whether it's true or not, best to not tempt fate.

The new conferences will take some getting used to. I always enjoyed the times the Preds played Detroit. Now we also get Dallas and Colorado 7 times a year as opposed to the Blue Jackets, much harder opponents (most of the time anyway).

I missed the Roy incident but with him something is probably going to happen at least once a week.
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 6:55:20 AM

Well, that's not how you start a season, go down 3-0 quick, pull your starting goaltender and lose 4-2. St. Louis is a real good team but still, stinks to look so bad in your opener. No rest for the weary as the Preds are in Denver tonight to face the Avalanche. Maybe we will see another coach fight.
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 10:33:28 AM

Home opener for the Preds tonight, playing Bob Suter's kid. Hopefully the offense shows up (I've been waiting on that for a few years).