Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Free Priority Shipping @ $25 Plus up to $50 free insurance. Free Pick-Up & Cash Discounts added Options
monidaw1
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2013 1:32:17 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/williambyrlpricejr/library/?view=recent&page=1

Over 110,000 books to choose from & still growing.
Over 9,000 titles
Over 40,000 individual items, many under a buck.
A growing collection of complete Lots (One click gets you every issue in the title)
Same day shipping in most cases with 2-3 Day shipping speed
Free pick-up if you're in the area now or driving through later.
Hold box setup for surfing the uploads without having to order a full box at a time. Add-A-book em till you have a full box.
Strong secure packaging.
Growing collection of Newsstand Editions and Autographed books with prices ending in 7 and more information in the market notes frequently. As we get time we're scanning individual issues and linking them in from Photobucket If yours hasn't been scanned yet let us know and it can usually happen quickly.
Cash, Check, Money Order, or PayPal. You have a preference, we'll figure a way to except it.

Happy Hunting!!!

The date on the old thread is over a year old so it's time for a fresh one with an update.

The lease was up so the roommate moved out. The bad part is that sticks us with paying all the overhead now but there were some perks. To start with we have the living room now so the office has been moved upstairs from the Bamf!! Cave to what feels more like the Bamf!!Barn!!! There's no ceiling directly overhead for part of the room until you're 30 feet up which is a huge waste of second story space and leaves the living room area with an open barn type of look. We don't need a living room so it's now the office with the sorting racks, computer, desks and shelves for packing and shipping material and overall I hope a much warmer experience for my ears and toes than last winters time in the basement. We also got the sofa back in one piece so you walk in's can have a nice place to lounge while we're getting your orders rounded up. I think that's been in two or more pieces since back in the apartment a couple years ago when that first big purchase came in.

Another benefit of moving the office upstairs we freed up a ton of extra space in the Cave. We've already started expanding to fill the extra space and it should easily allow another 100,000 or so comics in before we start having to stack more than waist high shelves.

We were also able to move into the large bedroom downstairs the roommate was using freeing up the smaller bedrooms upstairs for additional expansion. We've already found a use for one storing all those boxes of Action Figures.

Hopefully if we can afford the overhead here long enough to get a few bills and the remaining inventory paid for we can start looking for a larger cheaper place or maybe even a full blown retail front with live in or above space. We could probably get a million books in here if we squeezed but I'd rather have some place roomier and definately cheaper. In the meantime we're still working to get faster and reduce discrepencies between what shows in the store online, what shows in the software and what's actually in the boxes downstairs. I'm convinced the 3 are NEVER going to be in agreement at this point but to help corect as much of this as possible I've been working to add title dividers for every CCL title we've had which is pushing into the 14,000 or so range at this point according to the sotware and still growing and over 9,000 active right now in the store.

Even getting 7 dividers cut out a sheet of poster board the collective expense is huge but by having everything in order with the dividers we should be able to put our hands on any book in inventory in seconds which speeds up order pulling and helps keep things rolling out to the post office. While adding the dividers I'm also trying to give the titles a quick inventory which isn't all that quick since the software rarely agrees with the online listings meaning it's a triple check to see if what's in the box is online and hopefully accesible through the software as well.

The shipping has been going smoothly for a while with the elimination of slow illegal Media Mail shipments last spring now allowing for a reduction in the minnimum for free shipping. Obviously there's no perfect one price covers every possible size and shape order to every destination in the US number but at least the standard comic only orders really have no reason not to be flying to you Priority speed and with the USPS now offering free insurance it's hardly worth the bother for First Class, especially if you wanted insurance added. The added room of the Priority packaging also allows for max protection instead of trying to skimp on protection to keep the weight under 13 ounces. Same day shipping is still the norm with same hour shipping a frequent occurence especially on weekdays. I finally got the mechanic paid a couple months ago and got my pickup back so on weekdays I can run those late orders to the post office by 5 that missed the mailman at 1:30. I'd almost forgotten what it looked like after 8 months in the shop two counties over. Hopefully that'll do it for this years update. Now back to inventorying and adding those dividers. Dancing

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

monidaw1
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 2:08:31 PM

Shop at My Store

A few more pictures.

Additional seating and a comfy choice for reading comics while you wait.

Plenty of candy left over from when we quit smoking last year and if there's any guilt you can work off calories on the neat treadmill we picked up for Ellen off a Craig's List ad. Guy tried to sell it and it stuck inclined so he gave it away which was the only way to get it into our price range and all it takes to fix an incline stuck problem I figured was to just jack it up on the low end with a few boards. Problem solved. Laughing Of course now I'm actually getting up from the computer and walking off some of the comic uploading inches also. At least I walk slow enough to read comics at the same time.

A couple posters upstairs now. Maybe one day some curtains.

And finally a look at the sorting bin filled up and ready for the next 1,000+ uploads. Now enough playing. It's time to start emptying that rack again. Whew!

monidaw1
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 5:14:44 PM

Shop at My Store

The uploadings going a bit on the slow side as we're still just in the C's working alphabetically but at least today I can blame some of the slow down on the weather finally giving us a break from the year of monsoon rains to dry out enough to cut a path from the creek to the secret entrance to the Bamf! Cave.

We've also come to the conclusion that the treadmill is just to bouncey to try reading standard comics at more than 1.7 mph but fortunately we still have some of those giant Treasury editions with the big pictures and words around so you can still combine a little healthy exercise with your entertainment while you wait. Big Grin

monidaw1
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:11:51 AM

Shop at My Store

Just a reminder that the conventions this Sunday so if you're going to be in the area and want to stop by or want an order delivered to the convention just let us know. Also, if there are any dealers wanting to set up at the convention and want to come down the night before but not pay for a motel room, the sofa or a spare bedroom (no bed) can be had for the low low cost of a little good conversation. Cool

monidaw1
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 1:14:04 PM

Shop at My Store

Just a reminder there's still time to have your orders ready for delivery to the convention Sunday and we figure we might as well extend some of the discounts you usually get in person to the deliverys at the convention area. New online Cash payment and Free Pickup Discounts up to a combined 25%. Passing the Paypal and shipping charges back into your pocket so you can get more books. Hope to see you there early. Redskins playing at 1PM so we might slip out early if traffics light. HTTR Party