Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Thoughts on DC New 52 At This Point Options
Atilla2k
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2013 12:30:56 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

It's a sad day indeed but the only DC title I'm going to continue to collect is Wonder Woman, that is unless Plastic Man gets his own title...

padreglcc
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2013 8:50:11 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Atilla2k wrote:
It's a sad day indeed but the only DC title I'm going to continue to collect is Wonder Woman, that is unless Plastic Man gets his own title...

Keep hope alive, my friend, but since I don't think we've even seen him in the New 52 I wouldn't bet on it.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
BruceReville
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2013 10:34:54 AM

Groups: Member

padreglcc wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:

Keep hope alive, my friend, but since I don't think we've even seen him in the New 52 I wouldn't bet on it.

The cloest we came was Justice League International where he was considered for membership but found to be too unstable - he was only mentioned though in the book so we do know he does exist in the new 52

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

Atilla2k
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2013 11:19:46 AM

padreglcc wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:

Vegas puts the odds at 50,000,000:1, lol! We won't see him for a few years at best, which stinks b/c he's one of my most favorite characters. I thought for sure we would have seen more of him b/c of his role in Flashpoint: Legion of Doom, now that was a pretty bad-arse incarnation of him!

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 11:49:00 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Just wanted to say, other than those awesome looking 3D covers recently, I'm STILL not happy with New 52.

Wasn't the reasoning behind changing the DC Universe that it had become too dark? Well color me blind, but to me, it seems the New 52 is nothing but a bunch of anti-heroes.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
treker10
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:13:35 AM

Groups: Member

Either most of my pull list was cancelled with the reboot or I dropped the what I was reading. Right now the only thing I read from DC is Batgirl (although I miss Stephie Brown), Catwoman, & Green Lantern: The New Guardians. I dropped all my Superman, Batman,& other Green Lantern books. I just didn't like where they were going. It's as if DC is trying to mirror Marvel but making their heroes anti-heroes.
Shame on You

The other thing I don't like about the New 52 is the way they are running through the characters. They are keeping the main characters like Superman, Batman, GL, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. but then they run through these waves where others characters a series but only for like 12 issues and then are cancelled for the next wave.
Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:53:24 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
Just wanted to say, other than those awesome looking 3D covers recently, I'm STILL not happy with New 52.

Wasn't the reasoning behind changing the DC Universe that it had become too dark? Well color me blind, but to me, it seems the New 52 is nothing but a bunch of anti-heroes.

They are the sweetest 3-d covers I've ever seen!Party & I'm totally w/ you on my displeasure w/ DC.... atleast in Marvel Peter Parker comes back this December.....

padreglcc wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:
I'm totally bummed, Dial H got the ax & is done this week. I really liked where the book started and the direction they took it, although the last few issues were kinda Meh.Broken Heart

There will be a special Dial H addendum issue among the Villains Month issues in September.

That's something to be happy about atleast!

It'll be in Justice League #23.3 - Here's DC's solicit.

I just picked it up & can't wait to read it!