Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
I hate people Options
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2013 9:37:15 PM

Groups: Member

so I won the TMNT #1 NECRA variant for 7 bucks. well, the SOB tells me to F off and unregisters his ebay account! why list some with no NR and at .99 cents if you're gonna be a piece of sh!t about it. I swear, when I retire O'm moving into the middle of nowhere in the Ozarks. Wall

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

fenix1977
Posted: Friday, September 20, 2013 11:42:38 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

That is just horrible!

Mad Bloggings

teh_longinator
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:37:14 AM

That doesn't seem like something that's worth doing over a book that goes for $10 according to guide...

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:20:44 AM

well that's where i'm from. i'm really not that upset just annoyed. i'm just sick of dealing with people. out in the middle of nowhere there's no one to bug you. which is what i'm used to. sell off my collection and just relax... sounds awesome lol

ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:28:52 PM

I've had that happen to me several times on Ebay, well minus the F off and closing the account part. I've won auctions just for the seller to say they aren't shipping it cause it didn't go for what they wanted. Sometimes they just wouldn't even reply and just never shipped it. This was one of the main reasons I quit buying on that site for years.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:25:54 AM

yeah i only buy books i cant find at the LCS or on CCL. what a pain.

kisstour03
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:40:02 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I had it happen a few years ago. I won a stack of Silver Age Flash books for a stupid good price. It was something like 40 books for 15 bucks or something. I paid right away and waited and waited annnnnnnnnd waited. No books shipped, no response to my messages. Got my money back in the end but would rather have had the books. I hate people too.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:55:33 AM

Geez, i'm glade I didn't pay right off the bat. the internet really makes it easy for me to just go to the LCS.

Jim
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:02:03 AM

Same happened to me several years ago. I won a CGC XMen 166 for $10 and paid immediately but the dude just never sent it.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:36:12 AM

yikes.At least you could leave negative feedback. this SOB unregistered so i cant even leave negative feedback. the mother f!@ker... Angry

teh_longinator
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 12:16:19 PM

I was on the opposite side of this.

I sold a stack of like 50 X-Factor books for about $20. Plus $20 shipping. It was a fair deal. After the auction ended, I get the guy messaging me saying that he'll be in town and he can pick it up. Well, I'm a seller, not a store. I don't have the time, or place to do pickups. So, I send him a message politely explaining that I cannot do pickups, and that is why I am selling on eBay.

I get another message back, saying that he'd be okay if I drop it off at the LCS in my town. Now, the store's just around the corner from my house, but I'm not going to disrespect them by making personal sales in their store. So I explain it to him. He says he's called ahead (even after I've already said no twice to pickup), and that I can leave it with the owner because he knows him. Well.. The owner knows me too. That isn't the issue. So I tell him that.

I get another message, being like "well, I don't want the books then."

WHY would you make a bid on eBay, and then refuse to pay once the seller says no to pickup. It's not a payment option in my listings. I make no mention of it being an option... But this asshat figured he'd make it an option.

I filed a complaint against him with eBay... so we all know how far that went... Nowhere.

Cave Comics

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
PCPaperbacks
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:56:47 PM

eBay has become a weird place the last 2 years. I always sell even when I loose money because it is my fault for losing money. I sold a set of Mad paperbacks I was into for $12 for $7 because I listed it for $5 hoping to get some bidding... But at the same time I sold the wizard of oz all 14 paperbacks I was into for $16 for $78! It is not always a win win! Also, recently I have had winning bidders not pay, a guy who refused a delivery from the post office twice because he left negative feedback before I mailed the package 2 days after he paid because I didn't send him an email other than the invoice! Dude was an ass, the first time it got returned I paid for a signature for him to get the package, but he never picked it up so it was returned, I busted him and contacted ebay. He was all apologetic and paid for shipping the 3rd time and had the nerve to ask if I had any more books in the series, which I did. I blocked him from buying from me and posted the rest of the series twice at a low price, they never sold, but the second time he emailed me to see if I would unblock him so he could bid or would I just send him an invoice and he would pay. I sent him a polite no and it is against eBay policy to sell under the table like that... It still annoys me... But for the money I lost on the transaction I got a bit of satisfaction! But however messed up eBay can be, it has been like 50:1 in good:bad transaction on both buying and selling for me.

Quote:
"First is fine, but accuracy is everything." Wyatt Erp"

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:40:55 PM

yeah this is the first time I've had to deal with some kinda BS like that. its super frustrating.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 6:55:35 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

A couple years ago I won multiple auctions from the same seller on that site. It was a bunch of real cheap GI Joe's - like a dollar or two apiece. After a couple of weeks and they didn't show up I contacted the Seller who replied that they were on the way. Next thing I know I notice that he had re-listed a bunch of the same figures. I send another message but get no reply. I finally open a case against him only to be told that they can't do anything about it because he was no longer a registered user. I'm out forty bucks and a dozen plus action figures. @$$holes, all of them.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

PCPaperbacks
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 11:03:14 AM

One of my issues is I end all auctions at midnight west coast time on Sundays, I state that I ship on Friday if the winner pays by Thursday, yet I still get complaints about my slow shipping time! It take time to pack comics right to ship, I dedicate Thursday night to pack to ship, then mail them on the way to work on Friday. I have 94% positive feedback because I have 296 positive and 1 negative... eBay is most if the reason for the issues. They take a fee on wins and now fees on shipping, but act all "holy than thou" when people have issues! My complaint beside the occasional (banned) is ebays lack of good customer service and their crappy management! I wish ebay had a rival like Coke and Pepsi! It moght make them get their (banned) together!

Quote:
"First is fine, but accuracy is everything." Wyatt Erp"

rook68
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 5:27:22 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
so I won the TMNT #1 NECRA variant for 7 bucks. well, the SOB tells me to F off and unregisters his ebay account! why list some with no NR and at .99 cents if you're gonna be a piece of sh!t about it. I swear, when I retire O'm moving into the middle of nowhere in the Ozarks. Wall

I have never experienced that level of doucheyness before on Ebay. I did lose out on $24 years back on a mint carded Moonknight Marvel Legend figure though. Guy never responded to my emails or anything. The very few bad experiences I have had on EBay.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

teh_longinator
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 6:09:17 PM

Well, just last week I had some kid bid on my Ultimate Spider-Man #33. He won it for $0.99, plus $3.50 shipping. Then, refuses to pay.

"I don't want to pay for it. I'm not allowed to buy it any more"

Needless to say, I let the (automated) failure to pay form go through to get my fees back... I hate when they do that.

(Also, in the time it's taken to type this, I've gotten a pop-up ad to update firefox TWICE from this site)

Cave Comics