Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Options
kisstour03
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:28:03 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Just finished watching the first episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. I thought it was pretty good. Lots of nice little references. What did everyone else think?
BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:32:53 PM

Groups: Member

Good set-up show

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:21:37 PM

Thought it was great! They put a lot of nice little references in there for the hard core fans. I don't want to talk to much about one specific plot point because it could be considered a spoiler...can't wait for next weeks show.

Mad Bloggings

CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:29:18 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Lots of little plot twists, entertaining, definitely played to the fans. My only complaint is they stuffed so much into a short time frame that it was a little hard to ingest it all, almost needs a 2nd viewing. Should be a big hit though, looking forward to the next one.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

angelc0p
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:54:54 AM

great show waiting for the coming episodes.
comicscastle
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:31:24 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
Lots of little plot twists, entertaining, definitely played to the fans. My only complaint is they stuffed so much into a short time frame that it was a little hard to ingest it all, almost needs a 2nd viewing. Should be a big hit though, looking forward to the next one.
What it needed was a 2 hour premier, or at least 90 minutes.

Still very entertaining and all the women are hot. I guess the men are too but I'll let a woman decide that.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Nate77
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:44:29 AM

Good stuff, i can't wait to see more.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
Inking_Zanziber
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:32:29 AM

Nice start. I'm looking forward to more and finding out what really happened with Coulson.

John "Zanziber" Rogers - @ZanziberPoV

Zanziber's Point Of View

Tamwood
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:56:13 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

My guess as to what's up with Coulson? LMD.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:29:41 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

My thoughts exactly. LMD.

I liked the Project Pegasus mention, the blend of action and humor was just right, the flying car was priceless (saw that coming!Nerd ) and it was very well made.

I agree that it would have been better as a two hour show but I guess I'm just being greedy.

The only eensy-weensy, teeny-tiny quibble that I might have (and it's not really that big of a deal) is that there weren't more recognizable names from the MU other than Maria Hill. I am sure that eventually we'll see some familiar faces. I'm thinking Dr. Malus, Hydra, Taskmaster Pray Pray Pray , Bill Foster/Giant-Man, maybe even a cameo or two from the movie characters.

I liked it and can't wait to see more!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Inking_Zanziber
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:10:02 PM

Tamwood wrote:

Perhaps a clone or a Skrull. :P

John "Zanziber" Rogers - @ZanziberPoV

Zanziber's Point Of View

Khaine
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:07:50 PM

I lost interest about half way through, not usually into detective/cloak & dagger type shows. I like Grimm though but, I think I like it more because my youngest will sit and watch it with me.

Hope it does well though.
fenix1977
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:41:25 PM

Tamwood wrote:

Ditto. I hope it is not so but it would make the most sense in regards to some of the comments made by Hill.

Mad Bloggings

Tamwood
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:46:32 PM

I'm wondering if the people they "help" like J. August Richards (the Hooded Hero) will continue to be recurring characters on the show, of it it'll be one-and-done type episodes.

I really liked the two British science-nerds. And Skye --- I really want an Agents of SHIELD card set in the future, 'cause I needs me a Skye autograph.
roguesquad
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:25:27 PM

I thought it was great. The LMD thing is interesting... I didn't think of that. I wasn't a big fan of the British duo..they talk too fast and I had trouble understanding them.

Skye is hot.

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
outcast
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:02:32 PM
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

I enjoyed it, but I think it suffered for the lack of one thing:

Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
Shizz
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:37:30 PM

Hahaha!!!Rolling on the Floor -"Why are there Snakes in this M'F'in show?"

While watching I kept thinking that Coulson is playing the role of Fury. Plus he was hilarious!!!

My feelings on the show though were 'meh'. It was great that it is set in the Marvel U, but the show itself was not all that interesting. I liked Coulson, the two nerds, Hill, and Skye. So far though I do not care for the not-pulling-it-off-in-any-kind-of-way-badboy, or the hooded guy(I hope he is done and doesn't return). I just wanted a little more of the characters I already know from the comics to be regulars. Not the generic new guy with superpowers, cliché computer nerd out to expose the system(albeit in a veeeery hot wayDrooling ). I just wanted to be excited about seeing some cool characters get there on screen début. Just on it's own without it's comic roots, the episode was kind of boring.

I will give it leeway and will not judge it just yet since it was the pilot, but if it doesn't get much better, plot and character wise, I don't see it lasting more than a season.
first_citizenx
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:51:30 PM

I liked it. As long as I have fun with a show, I'll watch it. So, that said, I'm aboard for the ride.

Personally, I hope they do the Peggy Carter tv show. I'd love to watch Hayley Atwell every week!!
KingZombie
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:31:21 AM

Great pilot episode. I saw a lot of chemistry between the cast members which I liked. All the name dropping was great too.

Here's hoping some Marvel characters from the books get introduced, even if just as guest stars or cameos.
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:52:56 AM

Shizz wrote:
Hahaha!!!Rolling on the Floor -"Why are there Snakes in this M'F'in show?"

While watching I kept thinking that Coulson is playing the role of Fury. Plus he was hilarious!!!

My feelings on the show though were 'meh'. It was great that it is set in the Marvel U, but the show itself was not all that interesting. I liked Coulson, the two nerds, Hill, and Skye. So far though I do not care for the not-pulling-it-off-in-any-kind-of-way-badboy, or the hooded guy(I hope he is done and doesn't return). I just wanted a little more of the characters I already know from the comics to be regulars. Not the generic new guy with superpowers, cliché computer nerd out to expose the system(albeit in a veeeery hot wayDrooling ). I just wanted to be excited about seeing some cool characters get there on screen début. Just on it's own without it's comic roots, the episode was kind of boring.

I will give it leeway and will not judge it just yet since it was the pilot, but if it doesn't get much better, plot and character wise, I don't see it lasting more than a season.

I'm not sure what you were expecting. The only real SHIELD characters in the comics are Maria Hill and Nick Fury. They made up Coulson for the movies and added him to the comic universe.

If you're expecting to see lots of people in tights, or Robert Downey wander through an episode, I'd recommend you stop watching, because it's not going to happen.

This is Supernatural meets X-Files. You're not gonna have Spider-Woman wander through an episode having a conversation with Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel/Binary. You might get the names Carol Susan Jane Danvers or Jessica Drew dropped in an episode, but I wouldn't look for the costumes.

I think this might be Marvel's version of Smallville.