Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Yet another seller who collects and runs Options
lbej
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:45:18 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

freakdylan wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
(P.S. - Hey Lee! Who's that in your new avatar? It looks like Weird Al Yankovic!Laughing

Portrait of Turenne by Charles Le Brun

Got it in one.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
robofan78
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 5:38:47 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
robofan78 wrote:
I filed a claim which contacted the seller. She flipped out on me making it seem like I was the one to blame because I didn’t contact her first….well the only way to contact her is on here which I did and she isn’t on here to read or answer them. I did get her email address through PayPal when I went to file a dispute. So she expects me not to get worried when I paid out $128 and her store disappears?! I should just TRUST her that after a month of not getting my books and her never contacting me or listing them as shipped….BS! I asked her what she would do if she ordered something from a store, paid up front, went back to the store to find it closed….happens all the time if you watch the local news stories. Anyway, she flipped out, gave me a refund and told me that the books are to be returned to her when I receive them….I am not holding my breath about receiving them, I think it all might be a guilt trip and they’ll never show. Even if they do show up, I really wanted them or I wouldn’t have ordered them, and plus now I have passed up other sellers who HAD them, not anymore of course. So my dilemma now is if they actually do show up should I repay her for them? she just wants me to reject the shipment, but I have books in there that are replacements for past orders that had them missing and I certainly am not rejecting it without getting those books and I am NOT paying to ship them back after it's opened.
Also I read her feedback and there the 5 most recent all said they never received their orders and had to file with PayPal. Glad I thought about this now because if I had waited past 45 days like I did with Curious Goods, I would have lost even more money. Luckily I was able to file with my credit card against the PayPal charge, all but 1 order I placed with them were refunded. The last one came from a PayPal cash balance so I was out of luck and lost about $30.
Also thanks for the offer of paying my subscription, I most likely won’t go anywhere, just frustrating with a lot of my trusted sellers I was using are now pulling stuff like this or high missing book and refund rates.

It wouldn't have mattered if you did contact the seller. I did before I filed my claim against them. I promptly received a reply that they'd look into it (on the same day), then never heard a word again even after sending multiple messages to them.

Pretty sure the store is just trying to use that as leverage against you, but never had any intention on giving you the comics.

Yes, that's what I was thinking...she was stalling to make it past the 45 days PayPal gives you to file, so I filed anyway and contacted her. I was actually nice in the dispute claim and just said I was filing because of the time limit and I still wanted my order. she went off on some rant about how I can't tell her where to sell her books because she closed her store here and all I asked was DID she close because she wasn't on here and wasn't answering my emails....very emotionally unstable!
robofan78
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 5:40:56 PM

Xylob wrote:
robofan78 wrote:
...Anyway, she flipped out, gave me a refund and told me that the books are to be returned to her when I receive them….I am not holding my breath about receiving them, I think it all might be a guilt trip and they’ll never show...
Sounds like a load of $h!t, watch your back - I don't suppose she provided a tracking number?

nope...she said she would get me a tracking number and never did, but then replied real quick once she got the paypal claim email....still never got the tracking. if i can't track them how will I ever know they are sitting out in the rain for a week before I find them to return them?Devil
robofan78
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 5:46:59 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
What upsets me is that these unscrupulous Sellers make it harder for the rest of us. I know more than a few people no longer shop here because of problems they have had with really only 2-3 stores. A lot of other people won't try a new store because they are worried it might turn out bad. Which means we lose some Sellers that could be very good for the site.

Of course that's the danger of buying anything on-line, it's mostly a leap of faith. There should be penalties for stores that show a pattern of poor performance. Anyone operating or wishing to open a store here would have to sign an agreement stipulating good behavior. I would gladly sign such a document. Now if someone has a lone Villain you could shrug that off. But if you start seeing a bunch all at once? That should set off some bells and site management needs to react immediately rather than have to be alerted.

Maybe stores with a bad record might have to leave a security deposit in case they bilk people. At least some of the money can be recouped. Maybe I'm just rambling, it's been a long couple of days.Yawn

(P.S. - Hey Lee! Who's that in your new avatar? It looks like Weird Al Yankovic!Laughing

You know, when that store first came on here I was probably her very first customer and gave her a shot. In a way I feel safe on here and tend not to worry because paypal protects buyers and I use my credit card on top of that, so if paypal doesn't help me, I can count on the card company. I collect Zenescope and she had great prices and was very fast at first. I actually ordered a lot of small orders from her and just happened she pulled this with the huge order. I really hope I get the comics because it's hard to find most of these variants, let alone for $1 each. It's more the frustration and hassle of it all.
comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 10:13:32 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator

I wonder if CCL would offer some kind of insurance policy.

You know, pay a small monthly fee, but have ALL orders on CCL insured. Just an idea. Might be a silly one, but I'm always looking for long term preventative solutions as opposed to putting out fires as they occur or, worse, doing nothing but complain. It would sure add to the trust factor.

CCLers like robofan shouldn't ever have to worry about their transactions.
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:50:41 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I find all this talk about policing CCL stores interesting. On the one hand, everyone loves CCL over Ebay because they don't have a thousand rules and regulations controlling everything to the point of ridiculousness, but on the other hand people here want more policing/regulations on stores based on just a handful of sellers. It's a slippery slope.
bovard
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:53:26 PM

Shop at My Store

Robofan, You did'nt do anything wrong, in fact you did what you are supposed to do in a situation like this - file a paypal claim.

She messed up by not providing tracking to you, not communication with you and then closing her store.

I seriously doubt she shipped them, if she did, why would'nt she dispute the paypal claim? Does not make sense.

It is a hassle, but at least you got refunded. I've had about the same percentage of bad transactions on CCL as well as ebay, or any other online venue, which is actually very few. But, what I'm saying is buying online is basically the same no matter what venue you're using. Most sellers are going to do a great job, but there's always a few out there that don't. At least, that's been my experience.

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:59:25 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Thundercron wrote:
I find all this talk about policing CCL stores interesting. On the one hand, everyone loves CCL over Ebay because they don't have a thousand rules and regulations controlling everything to the point of ridiculousness, but on the other hand people here want more policing/regulations on stores based on just a handful of sellers. It's a slippery slope.

If it was just one or two instances, I'd agree. Except we've been have a quite a few of these threads, lately. When it's a continuing trend, like it has been. I think there's a time when some rules and enforcement needs to be put in place.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
bovard
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:01:56 PM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:

I agree. We don't need more regulations. If sellers get negative feedback, then buyers can view that and make an informed decision on whether they want to make a purchase there. CCL does in fact have a % rating system in place, so stores who accumulate negative ratings, exhibit a lower CSR % rating. In addition to this, stores recieving X amount of bad feedback in a given amount of time (I forget the exact number, and time frame) will automatically have their accounts frozen pending review, and then can be suspended indefinately.

bovard
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:04:46 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

If it was just one or two instances, I'd agree. Except we've been have a quite a few of these threads, lately. When it's a continuing trend, like it has been. I think there's a time when some rules and enforcement needs to be put in place.

Right. But recently it seems that most of these threads have ended with... and I got a refund.

comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:13:36 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

This is why I mentioned CCL insurance. It's a solution that protects the buyers without needing to add regulations to the stores.
Everyone wins. Even CCL, because they get to add a fee.
bovard
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:16:32 PM

Shop at My Store

comicuniversity wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

This is why I mentioned CCL insurance. It's a solution that protects the buyers without needing to add regulations to the stores.
Everyone wins. Even CCL, because they get to add a fee.

Good luck with that, lol. It's an interesting idea, but imo, not needed, and certainly not something CCL wants to take responsibility for.

"And, they get to add a fee." - Priceless!

Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:37:29 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Because, generally, nobody will start a thread when they get their books and have a flawless transaction. The number of bad experiences and bad sellers here is a really, really small number. It's not a growing trend. The only growing trend is that more people are taking it to the forums ever since the Don Fiasco.
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:42:49 PM

bovard wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Right. But recently it seems that most of these threads have ended with... and I got a refund.

And that makes it okay? Why should we have to go through the hassle of having to file a PayPal claim to begin with, then wait a few weeks for our money?

If they were good sellers to begin with, we wouldn't have to file PayPal claims, and this subject wouldn't even being talked about right now.

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:44:02 PM

Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Because, generally, nobody will start a thread when they get their books and have a flawless transaction. The number of bad experiences and bad sellers here is a really, really small number. It's not a growing trend. The only growing trend is that more people are taking it to the forums ever since the Don Fiasco.

I'm one of those thread starters. It had nothing to do with Don. It was because I felt cheated by Cheap Comics.

And if we as paying customers do get cheated, why shouldn't we voice it? Do we not have that right? And shouldn't other potential buyers get warned in the process?

bovard
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 2:03:39 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
bovard wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

And that makes it okay? Why should we have to go through the hassle of having to file a PayPal claim to begin with, then wait a few weeks for our money?

If they were good sellers to begin with, we wouldn't have to file PayPal claims, and this subject wouldn't even being talked about right now.

Of course not. I'm just not sure what can be done about it. There will always be these situations between buyers and sellers, and there has to be some kind of arbitration process. That will always take a certain amount of time.

As a seller, I have been on the receiving end of buyers who try and scam, more than a few times. Sellers need to be protected the same as buyers.

Not sure adding more rules and regulations is the answer. Or if it would even help.

Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 2:09:27 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

I'm one of those thread starters. It had nothing to do with Don. It was because I felt cheated by Cheap Comics.

And if we as paying customers do get cheated, why shouldn't we voice it? Do we not have that right? And shouldn't other potential buyers get warned in the process?

Where in my thread did I say people shouldn't voice their complaints on this board?

I didn't.

I said that just because more people are doing so, it isn't indicitive of a growing problem.

If you have a problem, file a claim and get your money back. Leave a Villain Rating to warn others. Even post about it in the forums, if you'd like.

Still doesn't mean it's a growing problem. The safeguards against this stuff is already in place. We don't need more.
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 2:46:44 PM

Thundercron wrote:
Still doesn't mean it's a growing problem.

The growing number of threads reporting this is what indicates a growing problem.

Which you tried to dismiss as being an after-effect of Don's mishandlings. My thread had nothing to do with Don, and I'm sure many of the others we've seen lately are the same.

If more rules and regulations aren't the solution, what can we do to curb it?

To be absolutely frank, here. I think a lot of the sellers are catching on to the downhill slide of this site, and disinterest of customer's concerns regarding it, that we've seen. And some of the more unscrupulous sellers (not the good, long-standing CCL stores) are seeing that as an easier opportunity to try and pull one over on customers.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 2:52:52 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I put a lot of time, effort and money into operating my store here. I know I am not the only one. When I hear someone say "I'm not shopping here anymore because of Store X" that upsets me.

That affects me directly. There has got to be a way to monitor store performance and penalize poor performers.

Thundercron, bovard - you both have great stores based on what I've seen in your feedback. I know it's only one or two stores that can't handle their business, why should we all suffer for their incompetence or indifference?

Yes there are safeguards and I actually prefer fewer regulations but if something can be put into place that can help limit the damage that the Don's of the world can do to our businesses then I am for it.

Just going stream of consciousness here - It could even be something voluntary. We could draft a Code of Conduct and everyone could be given the opportunity to sign it. No penalty if you don't, but signatories would get a marker next to their store name showing that you are a trusted Seller. Violate the Code, lose your marker.

That's just one idea. We are all relatively intelligent people here from what I have experienced so we should be able to come up with something to help potential customers make wise choices. This will benefit Sellers who will receive more business, Buyers will benefit by getting the product they want and not have to worry about filing claims and CCL benefits by osmosis.

I have nothing to worry about personally. I offer a good product at a reasonable price, my shipping cost is low and my customer service is top notch. I want this site to succeed and to do that it has to be a trusted place to go. The stores that screw people over need to improve or leave.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

comicscastle
Posted: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 4:06:03 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

I've been selling on here for 5 1/2 years now and I think my feedback speaks for itself. There have always been topics started to complain about a problem store. The difference between the old days and now, as I see it, are that in the past when someone posted a CCL representative like The_Valiant_One would see the post and act on it right away so the problem would get rectified and the topic would end. Now we're lucky if we ever see Steve or anyone else from CCL on the forums at all. Also, people are generally opposed to posting negatively in a public forum. Lately, thanks in part to Don, we have had some long drawn out threads that show the average person that it's OK to complain publicly and that it often leads to a solution you might not have been able to get on your own. I think the number of problems are the same but now they are more visible. One last thought is that in the old days there were less stores and smaller stores. I can remember when 3,000 books put you on the first page of the seller list, now you need over 13,000. Twice the number of stores selling 3 or 4 times the product will lead to a larger percentage of problems.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar