Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Complain about CCL thread Options
Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 10:33:45 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

It's good to have goals...

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
4saken1
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 10:46:06 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

canaryfarmer wrote:
Hey, the top coupon at Couponaganza or whatever is now 50% off one item at the CCL B&M store! Synergy!

To be refunded immediately after thay mail out all of the MAN OF GOD #4 1/75 Tribute Variants.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

spacecitycomics
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 2:45:16 PM

Groups: Member

comicscastle wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

1) The site and software started in 2007, not 2008, with the earliest members/bots going back to November 2006.

The site didn't really get started until I joined and that was in 2008. Batting Eyelashes

noobBoo Hoo!
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 2:48:59 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

It's amazing that not only has our complaints gone unanswered for two weeks in the Brick & Mortar store thread. But also there is an entirely new thread dedicated to our misgivings, and still no one from admin has come in to address any of this.

Yes, they addressed us the first time it came up, when the brick & mortar store was announced. But nothing since this new round of complaints began.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 2:56:15 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
It's amazing that not only has our complaints gone unanswered for two weeks in the Brick & Mortar store. But also there is an entirely new thread dedicated to our misgivings, and still no one from admin has come in to address any of this.

Yes, they addressed us the first time it came up, when the brick & mortar store was announced. But nothing since this new round of complaints began.

Well, getting a response would require anyone from CCL to actually log-in to their own forums.

The_Valiant_One (Steve) - Last Visit: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:00:27 PM

KnifeTricks (Chance) - Last Visit: Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:32:00 PM

Joe - Last Visit: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:09:01 AM

CaptainCreative (Thomas) - Last Visit: Thursday, June 06, 2013 4:43:58 PM

CGW0814 (Chris) - Thursday, June 06, 2013 3:41:52 PM

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Flagwaver
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 2:56:31 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Has Steve made an appearance anywhere on the boards since July?
SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 2:59:19 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Flagwaver wrote:
Has Steve made an appearence anywhere on the boards since July?

Only one public. Three appearances total.

The one public post was in the Man of God promotion gone wrong thread mid-September. Before that, there were two posts in the Approvers forums in August that people had to contact him privately to ask him to participate in.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
canaryfarmer
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 3:04:35 PM

SwiftMann wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:

The one public post was in the Man of God promotion gone wrong thread mid-September.

That was a weird one too, as he talked about bad stores, and how CCL will strive to make sure they face the consequences, yet it was he himself who was the store/person in question. Hypnotized
(And then nothing was ever addressed.)
BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 3:12:10 PM

Sad East Bay Comics still won't have a Buy-1-Get-20-Free Sale

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

comicscastle
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 3:51:35 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:

The one public post was in the Man of God promotion gone wrong thread mid-September. Before that, there were two posts in the Approvers forums in August that people had to contact him privately to ask him to participate in.
All three of those were due to his being messaged and told to check out the thread. I know, I contacted him. I'm not contacting him any more.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

lbej
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:30:54 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

comicscastle wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:

All three of those were due to his being messaged and told to check out the thread. I know, I contacted him. I'm not contacting him any more.

It would be a real shame if CCL users started to make noise over on goloco's new Groupon-five-years-too-late platform. If it were loudly pointed out to potential users of that platform how unreliable goloco is, that would be quite a burr in the saddle. Good thing there are no disgruntled users here. That kind of thing can follow a company around on the internet...

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:33:47 PM

Has anyone thought maybe the reason they arent posting here anymore or addressing concerns is because none of us will be here when new CCl launches?

The owners just opened a groupon clone (lol) and now working on a used game site platform (lolx2). They then plan on replicating the used game platform for the future CCL.

Now why would the new CCL have a forum? If its going to be a clone of the used game script, I seriously doubt it would include a forum. Sine I highly doubt the game platform will have a forum why add one to new ccl.

Also the database on CCL is probably what 90% complete other then new issues. I would think the new ccl will be integrated to accept the "Diamond info" so it wont be so labor intensive to add new issues, thus less need for free labor.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

lbej
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 5:03:25 PM

freakdylan wrote:
Has anyone thought maybe the reason they arent posting here anymore or addressing concerns is because none of us will be here when new CCl launches?

The owners just opened a groupon clone (lol) and now working on a used game site platform (lolx2). They then plan on replicating the used game platform for the future CCL.

Now why would the new CCL have a forum? If its going to be a clone of the used game script, I seriously doubt it would include a forum. Sine I highly doubt the game platform will have a forum why add one to new ccl.

Also the database on CCL is probably what 90% complete other then new issues. I would think the new ccl will be integrated to accept the "Diamond info" so it wont be so labor intensive to add new issues, thus less need for free labor.

I hope they do think eliminating the forums will prevent disgruntled users from badgering them elsewhere on the internet, preserving the company's reputation (such as it is). But I guess they only just invented Groupon, so it may be next year before they invent Facebook and Twitter.

canaryfarmer
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 7:25:24 PM

Already, this very thread shows up on 2nd page of Google results for "Coupontagious".
lbej
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 4:43:53 AM

canaryfarmer wrote:
Already, this very thread shows up on 2nd page of Google results for "Coupontagious".

Goloco's already invented Google? Maybe they'll have time to circle back to CCL after all.

caseysorrow
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 9:35:34 AM

Groups: Approver, Member

comicscastle wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:

If a website implodes and no employee are around to hear it, does it make a noise?

If they can regularly update their Facebook page, they can make an appearance in their own website forums.

Speaking of which, I don't think they really get it (from the CCL Store Facebook for those not on it):

freakdylan wrote:

I don't think the "new CCL" would eliminate forums unless they plan on hiring a full-time employee (not likely) and eliminate the approvers (even less likely - free labor). I don't know anything about Diamond info, but I'm betting it won't be integrated since I'm sure their weekly variant data is about as reliable as their shipping practices. The database is not even close to 90% complete, BTW.

Casey

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 11:42:39 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

If you ignore a problem long enough, it goes away - right?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 1:12:45 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

So I made a post on the CCL Facebook page, trying to draw someone's attention from CCL to this thread, as well as the one Freakdylan started about a CCL promotion gone bad.

Hopefully someone from CCL will reply to these, now.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 2:42:26 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I can only imagine what the forums will be like when and if one of the owners make a post in them somewhere. Given how long they have gone between posts and the animosity that is building amongst many in the forums, they may be at a point now of not wanting to post in fear of the types of responses that they will receive. I wouldn't put it past one of them to post under a few different names singing their praises to try to lessen the firestorm that they may be facing.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 3:20:31 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hendersonville TN, this was from day 4 of my 6 day trek home. In true undercover mode I had Steve take a pic of me next to the front sign, now I have 5 sites to do a little research on, those being:

golocomedia.com
kerclink.com
sendmoreinfo.com
turbotycoon.com
coupontagious.com

I don't support the idea of getting revenge via other sites, however I plan to learn a little more about Midten/Goloco's other dealings. Pic 2 is of the entire building (which Joe owns), there are 4 offices & CCL is on the far left.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33