Welcome Guest Active Topics
SwiftMann
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 10:11:00 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Location: PA
Joined: 4/19/2007 | Posts: 12,712 | Points: 2,290,521
Shop at My Store
outcast wrote:
SwiftMann, if you care to disclose it, I would be fascinated to find out whether your earliest comics-buying experiences took place in a comics shop, or at a newsstand outlet.

Spinner racks at convenience stores in the late 80s. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a store dedicated to comic books until a few years later.
outcast
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 10:17:12 PM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host
Joined: 7/28/2012 | Posts: 536 | Points: 2,196
BruceReville wrote:
I am actually doing this with my Conan/Kull/Red Sonja/Solomon Kane collection now - to include issues they crossed over in while at Marvel
I don't quite understand....

Are you seeking newsstand copies to replace direct-sales copies? or seeking direct-sales to replace newsstands?

Or are you just trying to collect both versions of each issue?

(IIRC, some 80s issues of some of those titles were direct-only.)
outcast
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 10:17:52 PM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host
Joined: 7/28/2012 | Posts: 536 | Points: 2,196
SwiftMann wrote:
outcast wrote:
SwiftMann, if you care to disclose it, I would be fascinated to find out whether your earliest comics-buying experiences took place in a comics shop, or at a newsstand outlet.

Spinner racks at convenience stores in the late 80s. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a store dedicated to comic books until a few years later.
So much for my hypothesis, then.

Thanks for answering.
BruceReville
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 10:45:07 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 1/21/2010 | Posts: 1,086 | Points: 3,258
outcast wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
I am actually doing this with my Conan/Kull/Red Sonja/Solomon Kane collection now - to include issues they crossed over in while at Marvel
I don't quite understand....

Are you seeking newsstand copies to replace direct-sales copies? or seeking direct-sales to replace newsstands?

Or are you just trying to collect both versions of each issue?

(IIRC, some 80s issues of some of those titles were direct-only.)


Both Direct and Newstand actually - Did research over a couple of months so I am 99% sure I have all identified to which have both - I am 5 comics away from completing the Red Sonja Marvel Direct/Newstand editions - a million for Conan it seems -- Lol
Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!



jhorsley3
Wednesday, October 09, 2013 11:19:20 AM
Rank: Metahuman
Groups: Member
Location: Seattle, WA
Joined: 6/20/2007 | Posts: 194 | Points: 665
The market is already there. Just search eBay for "Newsstand" in the comics category. Selling for higher than normal prices.


I've heard of places like Mile High charging premiums for the newsstands over the directs because they are harder to find.

I'm still surprised CCL, which has so many great points, ignores this so much. A different cover is a different cover, no matter what.

Who needs to be involved in the conversation that actually has a say in making any changes? That's who needs to chime in on WHY we don't have them here and why we can't add them. Collectors do care, I think that's easy to understand.
Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics
freakdylan
Wednesday, October 09, 2013 11:43:56 AM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 6/4/2012 | Posts: 1,225 | Points: 7,159
jhorsley3 wrote:
The market is already there.

I've heard of places like Mile High charging premiums for the newsstands over the directs because they are harder to find.

I'm still surprised CCL, which has so many great points, ignores this so much. A different cover is a different cover, no matter what.

Who needs to be involved in the conversation that actually has a say in making any changes? That's who needs to chime in on WHY we don't have them here and why we can't add them. Collectors do care, I think that's easy to understand.


lol let me be quick before I get smashed by approvers for beating a dead horse :)

It will never ever change regardless of the demand for 2 reasons:

#1 The owners didnt want it 5 years ago when they abandoned this site.

#2 The approvers/mods wont add them for above reason even though ownership is non existent and probably would never ever ever ever notice they had been added. Why? I have no clue, they complain non stop about no leadership but when anyone suggests change they scream "oh but the leaders dont want that", lol.



spacecitycomics
Wednesday, October 09, 2013 12:19:34 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: Space City USA
Joined: 3/18/2007 | Posts: 330 | Points: 1,462
I agree that they should be added, if for no other reason
than to stimulate back issue sales, which are dead.
4saken1
Wednesday, October 09, 2013 12:21:53 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Joined: 8/13/2007 | Posts: 2,641 | Points: 11,138
Shop at My Store
jhorsley3 wrote:
The market is already there. Just search eBay for "Newsstand" in the comics category. Selling for higher than normal prices.


I've heard of places like Mile High charging premiums for the newsstands over the directs because they are harder to find.

I'm still surprised CCL, which has so many great points, ignores this so much. A different cover is a different cover, no matter what.

Who needs to be involved in the conversation that actually has a say in making any changes? That's who needs to chime in on WHY we don't have them here and why we can't add them. Collectors do care, I think that's easy to understand.


Not that you don't have excellent points, but like fd said, this dead horse has been thoroughly and repeatedly flogged.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.166 seconds.
(0.097 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241