Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Complain about CCL thread Options
teh_longinator
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 5:23:58 PM

Groups: Member

>Enters a thread dedicated to complaints about the site.
>Tells us to keep our complaints down to a dull roar.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Jim
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 5:25:59 PM

teh_longinator wrote:
>Enters a thread dedicated to complaints about the site.
>Tells us to keep our complaints down to a dull roar.

You've been asked not to engage in harassment. There is a distinct difference between that and complaining.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 6:31:17 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

D'oh D'oh
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 6:32:20 PM

I dont think Moms should be brought into this discussion its disrespectful.

Look no matter what, Steve and the rest of them will continue to ignore this forum this site and all the facebook posts for one reason, THEY CAN. Until they feel it in the pocketbook why would they change?

Right now they are making about $2000 a month from all the store owners and I guarantee that is the majority of the money they make, I seriously doubt this site sells 10,000 a month. So customers bring in 1/4 of what the stores do. Until all the stores decide join together and force the owners hand dont expect changes. If even half the stores closed or went on hiatus for 1 month I bet then they would notice and rush back here.

I for one have decided enough is enough and will no longer give them any of my money. If they cant be bothered to answer my PM's, I cant be bothered to give them my money. I wont renew my subscription here and though I love a ton of stores here, I will simply buy from them elsewhere but not here or through CCL's payment processor.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Joe
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 6:37:07 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

Hey crazy CCL comic people. The thunder has been getting louder so I am going to jump out here and try to answer some questions. Before I get started, I just want to say that I appreciate all of you guys. I know that your love for comics and this industry is a passion, and I share that passion with you. That is why I started CCL. I love comics, and I believe that they have been a positive influence in my life, and my kids lives, and many, many people just like you.

I read through this entire thread, and I think that HeroComics summed up the main questions, so I will start with that. If there are additional questions, I will do my best to jump out here and answer them. I have put a watch on this thread so I will get notified when you post.

HeroComics wrote:

2. Steve and\or Ownership is 'out and about' rather than on CCL taking care of sellers. They are putting their attention somewhere else.

I am going to answer this one first.

This is true for me at least. GoLoco Media has been doing internet media since 1999 and it has been our core business for most of that time. I spend a lot of time managing that, as well as helping with new projects, so I don't get to CCL as much as I would like, but, as I said earlier, I'll do my best to share in this thread and answer questions.

I currently work about 60 to 70 hours per week, and am here at the office for about 50 of those hours. On the weekends I am usually reviewing code, or working an event. Often in the evenings I am managing insertion orders for our media division. Also, I do take time to watch Agents of Shield, Beware the Batman, Ultimate Spider-Man, and a couple of other shows. My 4 ½ year old daughter likes Beware the Batman and Ultimate Spider-Man, so that is how we spend time. I'll talk about the projects we are working on when I answer question number 1.

Steve has been gone a lot these last few months, and has had some family issues he has been dealing with, but I think that is settling down some. He is currently at NY Comic Con, mostly for personal reasons, but he is spending a little of his time doing some CCL related tasks.

Chance is my son. He is 17, and he loves comics. He is working on his art scholarships so he can become a graphic artist. He spends his spare time helping us with our media, orders, packing, shipping, just about anything we ask him. He is a good kid. However, he only works during breaks, summer, and after school.

Now, I just want to say, that both Steve and Chance are stand up people, and if there are problems with CCL it is not because of them. It is because of me. I am solely responsible, so don't beat them up too bad. Anything good with CCL is because of those guys, and you… the community. Anything wrong is mostly my fault. I am the one who makes the final call, so it really all falls on me. That is why I am watching this thread.

That said, we have a great staff, and a great community. Because of this staff, and you the community (but especially those of you who are so active… like in these forums and doing change requests), we have a pretty cool system. I know that CCL was built by stand up people like you who have a great passion for this hobby. If you didn't, you wouldn't care. But you do, and that is what makes me proud of CCL... because it is built by the people who love to read and collect.

But… There is a lot that sucks about CCL (no upgrades, lack of communication, etc…), that all falls on me. Not Steve, or Chance, or even the development company. It is me alone. So I take responsibility for that. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I am not scared of the challenge, and it is a challenge.

So, that answers question 2. I have to run, but I'll answer the other 3 questions as soon as I can get to them. I am hoping to have some time Sunday to talk about the updates a bit.

HeroComics wrote:

1. Updates are not coming, rather new design software instead based on a video game software that will also be used by Goloco on a new site.The lack of perceived transparancy on the part of Goloco and its ventures are suspect.

HeroComics wrote:

3. The MAN of GOD book promotion (which I did not personally use) has gone BAD! The main problem being lack of communication, and of course undelivered merchandise.

HeroComics wrote:

4. Customer service to the seller is at an all time low, old problems unaddressed, complaints not answered or addressed, PMs never read.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

b0bafett
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 6:48:32 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Everyone take a picture because it might be another year before he post again
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 6:49:06 PM

See guys only took 5 minutes after my post to get the Big Boss HERE, lmao Big Grin

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Joe
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 10:49:23 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

You know, I just wrote a long explanation about our upcoming development project, but I do not want to post this information on the forums as much of it is trade secrets and is confidential.

I would love to share this information with you via a conference call as long as you would be willing to keep it confidential.

Would you all be up for a conference call? On that call I would be glad to take questions, and I will fill you in on our development projects that we are working on.

We would need to do the call on a Sunday. How about the 20th of October around 11:00 am central time?.

Would that work for you guys?

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

spacecitycomics
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 11:25:12 AM

Sorry Joe,
I won't make it,
but if you would,
howzabout just give us the dumbed down version of the business plan.
I don't need nor want to know your business plans for yourself,
or any confindenitalities.
I would just like a nailed down timeline on the rollout
of an updated CCL, the list of improvements, and who is
incharge of what and when.
The software limits what I can do.
Phil
Reggie
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:43:40 PM

I'm sure a number of people on here would be all over the conference call. I will try to make the time as well.

Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:31:25 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Reggie wrote:
I'm sure a number of people on here would be all over the conference call. I will try to make the time as well.

I would try and make that, but if life got in the way would there be a way to call in later and listen to it like we have on approver cc's?

HeroComics
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:38:39 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joe wrote:
You know, I just wrote a long explanation about our upcoming development project, but I do not want to post this information on the forums as much of it is trade secrets and is confidential.

I would love to share this information with you via a conference call as long as you would be willing to keep it confidential.

Would you all be up for a conference call? On that call I would be glad to take questions, and I will fill you in on our development projects that we are working on.

We would need to do the call on a Sunday. How about the 20th of October around 11:00 am central time?.

I'm in.

This is important to me, and I'll make it happen.

I really see a lot of frustration here, so clearing the air might be a good idea.

Let me know the details.
DivideAndConquer
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:10:36 PM

Joe wrote:

WE are in. Please send us the details.

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
DGarman
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:18:38 PM

Shop at My Store

Joe wrote:

I am in, send me the details.
red_k_comics
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 9:27:16 PM

Shop at My Store

I'm also in, please send me the details.

pottersan
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 10:03:16 PM

Shop at My Store

Joe wrote:

Hell yeah! I miss the conference calls the most.....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
DRUMCZAR
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 12:02:22 AM

Shop at My Store

Yeah I miss them too. what's it been like 2 years since the last 1.

I'm in! My pre-game, Pregame show.

ADC

PEACE!+

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
AlacrityFitzhugh
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 1:01:44 AM

Private information is no information at all.

-- Alacrity

teh_longinator
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 1:43:36 AM

AlacrityFitzhugh wrote:

I'm going to go with this. Saying "We have information, but we can't give it to you." Is just as bad, if not worse, than not giving us information at all. Talk of "trade secrets" and whatnot just screams more GoLoco media hype.

I'm very interested to hear what this Skype call is all about. I don't think I'm going to make it on, but I'm eager to read the transcripts. Since, anything that can be said over a Skype call is clearly open enough to be posted on a forum.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
padreglcc
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 8:32:53 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

teh_longinator wrote:
AlacrityFitzhugh wrote:

I'm going to go with this. Saying "We have information, but we can't give it to you." Is just as bad, if not worse, than not giving us information at all. Talk of "trade secrets" and whatnot just screams more GoLoco media hype.

I'm very interested to hear what this Skype call is all about. I don't think I'm going to make it on, but I'm eager to read the transcripts. Since, anything that can be said over a Skype call is clearly open enough to be posted on a forum.

Except that Joe said,

Joe wrote:

So it would be in incredibly bad taste for anyone on that conference call to then post what was said in open forums.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.