Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Classic Deathwatch 2000 Options
SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 1:19:04 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I won this box while trying to get a couple other boxes. Since it was just over $6 for the box (including shipping) and I always liked Classic's sports cards, I figured why not.

I may have opened half the packs so far. The collation is terrible. There are repeat packs next to each other. In six packs (48 cards), I pulled 25 unique cards. Blech. So, I'm a bit concerned about being able to finish even one set, yet alone get near the 2.88 sets if perfectly collated.

The cards for the base set are nice quality, but the font on the front is nearly impossible to read and the numbers are in the most impossible place (bottom left) to make right-handed sorting work.

On the plus side, I quickly pulled the Ken Griffey, Jr. Sport Superhero card, which was fun. Too bad there's no indication what the pull rate on these or the Hybrid Cell cards is, but I have yet to pull the latter.

I just found out today that there was a jumbo pack version that included a one per pack Prism card, but I was struggling to find much about those packs online today.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2013 10:15:16 PM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
I may have opened half the packs so far. The collation is terrible. There are repeat packs next to each other. In six packs (48 cards), I pulled 25 unique cards. Blech. So, I'm a bit concerned about being able to finish even one set, yet alone get near the 2.88 sets if perfectly collated.

Finished opening the box today. While the pack to pack collation was terrible, the entire box came out perfect. No more than 3 of any card and 14 short of a full third set (due to only 288 cards in the box and two being inserts).

Speaking of inserts, the odds aren't stated anywhere, but I only pulled one of the Hybrid cards and one of the sports cards.

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
scotteaves
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 9:14:57 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

There's not much info on Allender's checklist site either... I'll try to check my NSU references at home tonight.

Nslists.com/deat2000.htm for the limited info that there is.

I seem to remember that insert ratios weren't mentioned much on older card sets. Heck, Breygent can't even do it now!

BruceReville
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 12:21:21 PM

Groups: Member

I bought these when they first came out and normally you would get 1-2 Hybrid Cards per box - and 1 Sports figure card per every 3 boxes - the Neal Adams signature card was 1 per case but I snagged 2 in 1 box Happy

If you bought a Jumbo box it came with a complete 20 card Prism set.

The hardest of the set to get actually where the promo cards At Wits' End

And the comic card set -- took me 5 years to complete Silly

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 3:29:26 PM

Shop at My Store

BruceReville wrote:
I bought these when they first came out and normally you would get 1-2 Hybrid Cards per box - and 1 Sports figure card per every 3 boxes - the Neal Adams signature card was 1 per case but I snagged 2 in 1 box Happy

Sounds like my pull on inserts was pretty decent then. Probably averages out to two inserts (two Hybrids or one Hybrid/one sport) per box.

I only saw the jumbo pack prism cards when looking at Allender's checklist. Can't find much of anything online about the jumbo packs though. Found an image of the pack to add to the database, but couldn't find a box.

BruceReville
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 3:35:47 PM

Groups: Member

SwiftMann wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

Sounds like my pull on inserts was pretty decent then. Probably averages out to two inserts (two Hybrids or one Hybrid/one sport) per box.

I only saw the jumbo pack prism cards when looking at Allender's checklist. Can't find much of anything online about the jumbo packs though. Found an image of the pack to add to the database, but couldn't find a box.

PM Sent with link

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

scotteaves
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:35:05 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Swifty - Non-Sports Update's Encyclopedia did not have any insert info either. Just "randomly inserted".