Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:09:39 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Atilla2k wrote:
We still love you Steve.

lol thanks dude ;)

scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:27:12 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Shoot me the con call info. I'll join if I can but I've got a fully booked weekend. Glad to have you two back in the forums. Now don't disappear again.

Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:09:30 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Peacefuldragon wrote:
Ya know, I just don't understand how people can complain every freekin day about not getting heard. Then when someone offers you EXACTLY what you're crying for, you're not interested...
They were interested - 2 years ago.
I think for a lot of people it's a simple case of "too little, too late".
Would you give CPR after the autopsy?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:23:05 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joe wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
Have fun guys, I've done my research already, I'll catch the post-game commentary. Basically we're looking at a national rollout of Coupontagious, followed by production/rollout/marketing of the used games site. Once the bugs are worked out they'll tackle CCL, that's assuming there's $ left over so everyone stay here & buy comics.

Steve already bumped the next CCL from end-of-year to March/April, I'll spare him 5 or 6 corrections & estimate we're looking at summer 2015. It will be the same price or more so don't expect traffic to roll in like it did in the free days. Goloco is an advertising company so expect ads to come with your new software too.

Like I said earlier, the good intentions are there, there's a plan in place, there's just a lot of hurdles between here & the promised land. The comic market is very healthy, I don't understand why CCL isn't more of a priority, not our choice to make though.

Doug at Treehouse

Doug, Thanks for stopping by. I didn't get to meet you when you stopped in, and I would have loved to.

I would really love to have you on the call. You got some of the information, but not all of it. Some of your assessment is correct. We are a media company, so there could be ads in the new project. We do leave that option open. But we have the ability to turn them off if it becomes counter productive, and obtrusive.

But there are things you miss-interpreted from your visit. For one thing you are voicing assumptions without all of the information. Project Geek is our top project and started around June (correction - March). Coupontagious is our 2nd project and started about a couple of months ago. It is headed up by Chris Woods. It started after Project Geek and is a simple program that let us leverage what we were already doing nationally, and add some local revenue.

So, again, I would love to have you on the call for 2 reasons. One to give you insight right from the top, and to get your input and insight. Also, I would love to answer any questions you may have.

JB

I don't like assumptions either, but sometimes they are a necessary evil when you're trying to make a decision & don't have all the info. Sometimes you can connect the dots by throwing out assumptions & seeing what gets denied & what doesn't.

I honestly have no interest in the CC, my mind has left the building and promises will only produce a blank stare. At whatever day progress is finally shown though, I will certainly cheer it.

COMING SOON - TreehouseComicShop.com
also on Ebay as ideaman33 with all 5.0 ratings

HeroComics
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:18:01 AM

Shop at My Store

I PERSONALLY do not really care what has gone before. CCL is part of my current biz plan, and despite all the promises, I completely understand the feeling of being ignored, lied to, and betrayed.

CCL has been in a mode of 'Manage by Crisis' for several years. It is probably the main reason I do not contribute to the forums much, or even come to read them.

I concentrate on what is good about CCL, because it is a tool for me as well as en excellent way to track my personal collection.

The very fact that Joe is willing to discuss the future with us is a POSITIVE step toward fixing the problems.

Maybe Joe and Steve have not communicated well for the last several years. It's true. It happened to me several times. I feel Joe should be given the opportunity make amends or even fall on his sword if it fixes the problems.

To the nay-sayers, I say don't stop. PUSH and YELL and say what you feel needs to be said. This threads existence proves you have something worthwhile to say. I did not even realize the MAGNITUDE of the problems, until I read this thread.

I just want to be there to help fix it.

I will agree however that if CCL does not respond to updating both the look and functionality, as well as the ease of online access
SOON...SOMEONE will fill that marketplace want and THAT will be the beginning of the end for CCL.

Not dead yet, but in need of rehab (like a house, not an addict).

-other Joe.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:23:45 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Xylob wrote:
Peacefuldragon wrote:
Ya know, I just don't understand how people can complain every freekin day about not getting heard. Then when someone offers you EXACTLY what you're crying for, you're not interested...
They were interested - 2 years ago.
I think for a lot of people it's a simple case of "too little, too late".
Would you give CPR after the autopsy?

And when did we get exactly what we wanted? From what I can see, it's just Joe telling us over the phone what we've already read on the forums for years. More promises.

We'll get what we want when we actually see some progress rather than more cheap talk.

But in his defense, at least we are getting some communication, now. That's a step forward.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Joe
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:58:01 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

caseysorrow wrote:
Please PM me the details, but I'm not sure I can make it. Are you going to record this to make it accessible after the fact, as past calls have been?

Not going to record it. I will however schedule 2 days so you can choose one or the other.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

Joe
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:28:50 PM

To those who have not acknowledged that they want to be on the call. If you say you are in, I will PM the info to you here in the next day or so.

If you are on the fence about attending the call, let me just say this.

There are several problems with CCL. The two big ones are:

1. No Communication
2. No Updates

I can fix the first one pretty easy, and hopefully the conference call starts the ball rolling in that direction. But I really need everyone on that call. I am not making any promises, but I do want to open up and share what we are doing here for CCL and make my self available to answer your comments and complaints.

CCL is more than just code, and software. It is people. Sometimes I get bogged down in the reports, and the code etc, and I lost sight that CCL is so much more. It is a family. This topic is a perfect example. Passion for CCL (love it... hate it... you are still here so it has become part of your life). CCL is so much more than software and code. It is people.

I have lost sight of that, but I am seeing it more clearly now than ever. Shops are counting on us. Fans are counting on us. It is really a part of your lives.

Anyway, let me encourage those of you who are disillusioned to jump in the call. Again, sorry for not spending more time here. There is really no excuse. So, best thing I can do is recognize my mistake, and do my best to work with this community to see what we can do to make this a better place to hang. Communication is the first part. We have a plan and some progress, so just want to share it with the people who live at CCL.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:25:47 PM

PM me the info please.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
AlacrityFitzhugh
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:30:54 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

PM me as well. I'll try to be there.

-- Alacrity

spacecitycomics
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:45:44 PM

Groups: Member

PM me the info, I'm always open to news.
BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:07:06 PM

Groups: Member

My only complaint is I want East Bay Comics to have a Buy-1-Get-10-Free Sale Pray

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:11:52 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

It would be cool just to hear what some people's voices sound like, if not anything else.

But I still feel until we see something solid, it's just more empty promises. And I really don't want to pay the long-distance charges for what will likely just be a massive group cluster-f*ck of a conversation.

I'd be interested in hearing highlights via PM if anyone was so kind, though.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:46:09 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

PM me the info please.
Atilla2k
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:14:30 AM

PM me please.

Spider-Man
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:16:31 AM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

PM me the info. I hope to be able to make the call if work permits. Thanks.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 7:43:55 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

PM me please.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
padreglcc
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:19:16 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Go ahead and PM me as well, Joe. I doubt I'll be able to make it, but if I can, I'd love to listen in.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
4saken1
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:39:42 AM

Shop at My Store

Ah, what the heck! PM me as well. Not sure if I'll make it, but if not would definitely like for somebody to post and 'non-confidential info on the boards.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Joe
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:46:42 AM

Thanks for all who will be attending. I know your time is valuable.

I want to PM this info later today, so last chance. Just post that you want the conference info, and I will PM it to you.

JB

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live