Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Ever lose a comic or two? Options
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:54:34 AM

Groups: Member

I swear every time I go through my boxes I find more issues missing. I don't know if I am going senile or my CCL software is, lol.

I sort through my collection about once a month to see if any issues I have might need to be upgraded to better condition ones, and every time I find another issue missing. The worse thing is when I look up the cover I "KNOW" it was something I spent long time price researching, so always think I must have purchased.

I know a few times it was a order gone bad, but damn every month, lol.

Or maybe it is my wife carefully removing books while I sleep to try and make me think I am crazy.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

comicscastle
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:20:04 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
I swear every time I go through my boxes I find more issues missing. I don't know if I am going senile or my CCL software is, lol.

I sort through my collection about once a month to see if any issues I have might need to be upgraded to better condition ones, and every time I find another issue missing. The worse thing is when I look up the cover I "KNOW" it was something I spent long time price researching, so always think I must have purchased.

I know a few times it was a order gone bad, but damn every month, lol.

Or maybe it is my wife carefully removing books while I sleep to try and make me think I am crazy.
She just doesn't want you to know she reads them. She's slowly building her own collection at no cost to her.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:24:17 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Can't say I've ever lost a comic in my personal collection. Store inventory, though (things getting lost/misfiled)--that's another story.

Although my brother told me some time before he died that he couldn't find his Transformers Halloween Special Promo comic that he had recently acquired. This was a promotional comic released during Halloween to coincide with Marvel's relaunch of the Transformers line back in the early 90's. Needless to say, it's quite rare. Anyway, he told me he thought he put it inside a hardcover book for safekeeping, but promptly forgot what the book was.

So I'm hoping I have it......somewhere. It'll turn up eventually. Unless he put it in an unassuming book that has already been gotten rid of.
junkmonkey
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:50:34 AM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

Only one. Amazing Spider-Man #698. I always expect to find it in some random box, but so far, no luck...

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:37:20 PM

comicscastle wrote:
She just doesn't want you to know she reads them. She's slowly building her own collection at no cost to her.

I wish that was the case, then at least would still be in the house. Oh well I know for a fact I just filled every hole in collection all the way back to issue #21 so now if something comes up missing I am going to know I have a comic reading gremlin living in my house.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 1:19:16 PM

freakdylan wrote:
Oh well I know for a fact I just filled every hole
Straight Face Anxious Smug Laughing Rolling on the Floor

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 1:41:19 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

BruceReville wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
Simmer down Beavis! This is a family site!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:55:30 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

You know I don't believe he did what he said he did without pictures Tongue

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:27:47 PM

BruceReville wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

You know I don't believe he did what he said he did without pictures Tongue

I tell my wife that all the time, and shes not buying it, so sorry will just have to trust me.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

ratrapp
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:34:53 PM

I've done this several times myself.the worst was I left a showcase 16 at a show and didn't realize it until I got home.thanks to untamed worlds(chris)and dave hinson it got returned to me.
kisstour03
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:18:07 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

HAH! Yep I've done it a few times over the last year. Being lazy, I have a bad habit of getting in a bunch of books and setting them aside in the comic room to "put away tomorrow". Because I don't feel like digging out the box at the bottom for whatever books it is that arrived that day. And when time comes to file away the mountain of books I go into a panic because issues 236-250 of whatever books aren't (banned)ing here!!!!!! after about an hour of cursing and digging they turn up on a shelf across the room and no clue how they got there. I have a stack in there right now waiting to be filed and I'm sure I'll do it all over again this weekend. Which reminds me I have a set of Spider-Woman to bag, board and box up.
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:36:39 PM

In my case I think its just me jumping the gun on CCL's software. I know as soon as I buy something I click it off on ccl. Its burned me a few times when people cancel order and I forget to delete it off CCL.

Just bugs me when I think I am close to an end then see I added numbers, lol.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

kisstour03
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:28:57 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I never add anything to my database without having it in hand first. That's another thing I love about buying on CCL is the "Send to CCL" feature. After I check my orders I just click that and it's done. If I buy elsewhere I have to enter each book.