Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Complain about CCL thread Options
KingZombie
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 4:38:42 PM

Groups: Member

Joe wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
So then basically what I'm hearing is that the phone call was again a bunch of promises and hot air, and saying good things come to those with patience.

I didn't promise anything. I shared WHAT WE ARE DOING. The message was to provide insight into what we have already done, and what we have left to do, not what we think we will do.

Sorry, but I agree with BurningDoom. I did not participate in the phone conference either so I can't comment on it.

But promises have been made by CCL in the past that changes are coming, things will be fixed in the Spring, then the Fall, then the Winter, then next year and so on and so forth.

I don't need the details of what is coming. I just need a date. That's all. And if that date should come and go with no updates, tell us why. And they shouldn't be excuses like someone is having personal issues. That just don't fly.

Give us a date. Give us something already instead of talk.
Joe
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 7:39:48 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

KingZombie wrote:
Joe wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
So then basically what I'm hearing is that the phone call was again a bunch of promises and hot air, and saying good things come to those with patience.

I didn't promise anything. I shared WHAT WE ARE DOING. The message was to provide insight into what we have already done, and what we have left to do, not what we think we will do.

Sorry, but I agree with BurningDoom. I did not participate in the phone conference either so I can't comment on it.

But promises have been made by CCL in the past that changes are coming, things will be fixed in the Spring, then the Fall, then the Winter, then next year and so on and so forth.

I don't need the details of what is coming. I just need a date. That's all. And if that date should come and go with no updates, tell us why. And they shouldn't be excuses like someone is having personal issues. That just don't fly.

Give us a date. Give us something already instead of talk.

Right now, all we can do is provide verbal updates as we make progress. We are planning on having calls monthly, and you are welcome to be on them. This last call we did give specifics into what we were doing, and how many hours it would take. Please, try to make the next call. We'll set something up to keep folks appraised as to our conference call schedules so those who are interested can ask questions and be privy to more detailed info.

JB

JB

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

patn2008
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:34:35 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Okay,, this is nuts to me. I am not sure why we have to attend this FBI/CIA phone call called "Thing of A Bob". If CCL Crew can't see they have several people disappointed by the threads posted in the forums, and probrably another batch of people who don't post at all. Just let us all know (old and new) wth is going on. We are not asking for Govn. Missle launch codes. It has been 5 plus years for me, (I read most threads daily), and to me this a smoke job to keep people from jumping ship. No, I will not be attending any phone calls. I like what we have here, But as a collector this bites for reports and enetering/finding data. So I hope CCL Crew does something about all issues Sellers/Collectors have, and soon.
teh_longinator
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:56:16 PM

patn2008 wrote:
Okay,, this is nuts to me. I am not sure why we have to attend this FBI/CIA phone call called "Thing of A Bob". If CCL Crew can't see they have several people disappointed by the threads posted in the forums, and probrably another batch of people who don't post at all. Just let us all know (old and new) wth is going on. We are not asking for Govn. Missle launch codes. It has been 5 plus years for me, (I read most threads daily), and to me this a smoke job to keep people from jumping ship. No, I will not be attending any phone calls. I like what we have here, But as a collector this bites for reports and enetering/finding data. So I hope CCL Crew does something about all issues Sellers/Collectors have, and soon.

I've been filled in on what was talked about on the call, and frankly, there is next to no reason that they can't post it on the forums. Well, except that they actually admitted to their mistakes... I can see why they wouldn't want to openly admit to those on the forum.

But as for their plans. Nothing proprietary, nothing new, and nothing twenty other sites aren't already doing. There's no need for secrecy.

I agree, though. It's all just a smokescreen to keep people from jumping ship.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 10:57:05 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

teh_longinator wrote:
patn2008 wrote:

I've been filled in on what was talked about on the call, and frankly, there is next to no reason that they can't post it on the forums. Well, except that they actually admitted to their mistakes... I can see why they wouldn't want to openly admit to those on the forum.

But as for their plans. Nothing proprietary, nothing new, and nothing twenty other sites aren't already doing. There's no need for secrecy.

You're entitled to your opinions as always guys. But Joe wouldn't have taken time out of his schedule to inform you of our what our company plans are if there wasn't movement towards progress. There are some that complain that we're not communicating enough with the community, so when we take steps to communicate...then they complain about what we have to say. Again, totally entitled. But try not to be too critical of the call if you weren't a part of it, folks. And I should say CALLS, not call...because we did this both on Sunday and Monday to accommodate more people to be included. If you want to be critical about the site, don't just type your concerns behind a username in the forums. Join in the conversation with us. We plan on doing it again next month so I recommend you take time to be a part of it. The first step in ANYTHING is good communication and we've been poor at it.

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 6:48:50 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Just to clarify what I think people are saying:

People aren't complaining about the call itself though. They're complaining that they aren't seeing any results, and that these calls are just more lip-service rather than real results.

I now know what's going on, and if it really happens, it's more than worth the wait. (Although I feel if you just openly shared what you're doing, it would get more people excited about what's happening and it might curb some of this negative attitude at this point; but it's your company and your concerns.)

The problem is, that we've already been put on wait for too long, and many people just don't want to hear that anymore. It's akin to hearing politicians say "no new taxes" over and over again, only to receive new taxes. People just stop believing it after a while, then stop listening all-together. I think you guys are at that point with many people after hearing "it's coming" for so long, all they want to see it results at this point.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
teh_longinator
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 9:59:16 PM

The_Valiant_One wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:
patn2008 wrote:

You're entitled to your opinions as always guys. But Joe wouldn't have taken time out of his schedule to inform you of our what our company plans are if there wasn't movement towards progress. There are some that complain that we're not communicating enough with the community, so when we take steps to communicate...then they complain about what we have to say. Again, totally entitled. But try not to be too critical of the call if you weren't a part of it, folks. And I should say CALLS, not call...because we did this both on Sunday and Monday to accommodate more people to be included. If you want to be critical about the site, don't just type your concerns behind a username in the forums. Join in the conversation with us. We plan on doing it again next month so I recommend you take time to be a part of it. The first step in ANYTHING is good communication and we've been poor at it.

I'm not being critical of the call. Just saying that the call wasn't necessary. But I CAN see why it was done.

Also... Not being part of the call, but having been filled in on the contents of the call,I do have knowledge of the content of the call. Just because some of us couldn't, or wouldn't, make time for the call, doesn't mean that we can't discuss the information that was brought up from it.

Everyone's going to have their opinions about what is happening. Now, without seeing anything solid, most of the people here are still going on hope. But hope can only last so long.

So please, can you guys stop posting replies of "Don't bash the call if you weren't in it"? Also, we "post our concerns" behind usernames, because... You're on the internet! You can't have an online-only system, and then tell people not to use usernames.

Sorry for the rant. Just some concerns.

Cave Comics

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:12:19 PM

Shop at My Store

Rants and messages received. I think the conversation has been intense and much needed, but it's time to move forward.

I encourage you to check out the "WHY I LOVE CCL" thread AND the November Conference Call thread as well.

Thanks for all the input!

Applause Applause
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:55:51 PM

Shop at My Store

This thread has been reopened!

teh_longinator
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:05:17 PM

Good call reopening the complaints thread.

But it seems weird that to answer the need for more involvement by management, this thread was closed and we were to go to the thread about why we love CCL. Are we going to have to worry about the community being censored on a site where the community is the reason it's successful

Cave Comics

padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:49:47 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

teh_longinator wrote:

But it seems weird that to answer the need for more involvement by management, this thread was closed and we were to go to the thread about why we love CCL. Are we going to have to worry about the community being censored on a site where the community is the reason it's successful

I think Steve just felt that we had all had a chance to have our say, wanted to curb negativity and increase positivity. I don't blame him for that at all. But it's a good move to leave this thread open so that all our negativity ends up in one central location.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
teh_longinator
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:02:16 PM

padreglcc wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:

I think Steve just felt that we had all had a chance to have our say, wanted to curb negativity and increase positivity. I don't blame him for that at all. But it's a good move to leave this thread open so that all our negativity ends up in one central location.

Well... I don't want to name names or anything... but ive just learned that a longstanding member of this community has not only had his posts deleted, but has also been banned from the forums.

If the powers at be decide to read this. Some insight to why this very longstanding, reputable, and outstanding of community has been prevented from voicing opinion.

Cave Comics

padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:07:55 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Joe told us why those posts were deleted: they were off topic for the "Why I love CCL" thread. As for his ban, I know that it is a one day ban, but as to why, you'll have to ask Joe or Steve.

*Edit: Let me add, that as a privately owned business, the owners have the right to delete posts and ban users if they see fit, whether or not I or anyone agrees with them. It's in the terms and conditions

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

teh_longinator
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:18:42 PM

padreglcc wrote:
Joe told us why those posts were deleted: they were off topic for the "Why I love CCL" thread. As for his ban, I know that it is a one day ban, but as to why, you'll have to ask Joe or Steve.

*Edit: Let me add, that as a privately owned business, the owners have the right to delete posts and ban users if they see fit, whether or not I or anyone agrees with them. It's in the terms and conditions

I understand this.

However, it seems odd to me that in one post, they say he's an outstanding member, and in another, delete his posts and ban him. Also, this may be a privately owned business... But their privately owned business is run by volunteers, and only runs because of the community founded by its members. Their "customers" are store owners... and are anything but easily replaced.

Cave Comics

padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:27:14 PM

teh_longinator wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

I understand this.

However, it seems odd to me that in one post, they say he's an outstanding member, and in another, delete his posts and ban him. Also, this may be a privately owned business... But their privately owned business is run by volunteers, and only runs because of the community founded by its members. Their "customers" are store owners... and are anything but easily replaced.

I can't speak to why the ban happened... it may have been a private matter not on the forums for all I know since I never saw the deleted posts before they were removed.

As one of the volunteers who helps to run the site (I'm a Mod, a Host, an Approver, and I add most of the indy comics to the database each week), I'm well aware of what the volunteers do around here and how important the community is. And as a volunteer, I still acknowledge that it is not my site and that they owners/company have the absolute right to do as they see fit using their best judgement. Personally, I refuse to play the "you guys need us" card... it simply doesn't solve problems, IMO.

teh_longinator
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:33:12 PM

padreglcc wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

I understand this.

I can't speak to why the ban happened... it may have been a private matter not on the forums for all I know since I never saw the deleted posts before they were removed.

As one of the volunteers who helps to run the site (I'm a Mod, a Host, an Approver, and I add most of the indy comics to the database each week), I'm well aware of what the volunteers do around here and how important the community is. And as a volunteer, I still acknowledge that it is not my site and that they owners/company have the absolute right to do as they see fit using their best judgement. Personally, I refuse to play the "you guys need us" card... it simply doesn't solve problems, IMO.

I'm not playing that card. They do, but at the same time, they don't. GoLoco isn't concerned about CCL as anything more than revenue. Once they make another spam-site, they can forget this even existed.

But banning people based on a difference of opinion seems highly unprofessional.

Cave Comics

padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:41:22 PM

teh_longinator wrote:
I'm not playing that card. They do, but at the same time, they don't. GoLoco isn't concerned about CCL as anything more than revenue. Once they make another spam-site, they can forget this even existed.

I suppose that they could do that. It is certainly a possibility. However, I think it unlikely. Both Joe and Steve are long term comic guys... it's why Joe started the site. I can't predict the future in any way, but I doubt that Joe intends to abandon CCL at any point in the near future.

teh_longinator wrote:
But banning people based on a difference of opinion seems highly unprofessional.

I agree... banning someone for a difference of opinion would indeed seem unprofessional. I have never seen that happen in these forums. I doubt that is what happened this time.

comicscastle
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:45:32 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

I'm glad to see that my thread was unlocked. I say my thread because I was the original topic starter. When I started this thread my intent was to stop all the complaints that were popping up in multiple places and give everyone one central place to voice their concerns. I figured it would also make it easier for Steve & Joe to see the concerns of the membership. To this end the thread was a smashing success. All complaints were centered here and CCL responded far beyond my expectations with responses in print and with 2 open conference calls and more to come. I did notice how the complaints lessened and practically stopped once CCL addressed our concerns and made their presence known here in the forums. There is nothing I would like more than to have this thread never get used, but I feel it still deserves to be open.

I voiced my feelings to Steve via PM and to his credit he brought them to Joe's attention. They discussed the situation and agreed that perhaps the thread did belong and as such reopened it. This is another feather in their cap. How many other sites would do the same, not many is my guess.

I have always been a supporter of this site and will continue to be, however I will not be a blind follower. If there is something that needs to be complained about I'll be there too. My goal used to be to make CCL the best comic site on the net. To that end I feel I did my part to make it so. Now my goal is to keep it there and I will do whatever it takes to make that happen, even if it means lighting a fire once in awhile.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

RubberMalletComics
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:01:50 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm very new to Comic Collector Live, and so right now I'm learning how everything works ... which means I don't have any suggestions/complaints ... but this thread is pretty long and I only read the last few pages, which seems like fairly typical forum conversations.

I used to run a forum that posted online comics called Drunk Duck, and we were always trying to make the comic creation process easier.

What we did was occasionally make a list of things that needed fixing and then posted them as a poll that the members could then vote upon to see where the pressing need was.

Then we would start a thread about the problem we were addressing and asked our members to troubleshoot it so we could tweak it as best we could.

(I say we a lot, but I'm not a programmer, just a forum moderator. lol)

Maybe something like this could be done here, so that progress could actually be seen by those that obviously care about this site.

Rubber Mallet Comics
822 Wyoming Avenue
West Pittston, PA 18643
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:10:42 PM

padreglcc wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:

I suppose that they could do that. It is certainly a possibility. However, I think it unlikely. Both Joe and Steve are long term comic guys... it's why Joe started the site. I can't predict the future in any way, but I doubt that Joe intends to abandon CCL at any point in the near future.

I seriously doubt they will close this site as it makes money, they may spend more then it makes but that's bad management. As to not again forgetting about this site in the future, I see that as a huge possibility.

My take from the phone conversation was they want CCL to succeed, BUT they want the other MAIN site to succeed even more. So if it did, would they then pour resources and time into the smaller bastard child site? I doubt it.

Now with that being said, I have addressed a few concerns to Joe and he did respond fairly quickly and was happy with his replies.

RubberMalletComics wrote:

What we did was occasionally make a list of things that needed fixing and then posted them as a poll that the members could then vote upon to see where the pressing need was.

Then we would start a thread about the problem we were addressing and asked our members to troubleshoot it so we could tweak it as best we could.

Maybe something like this could be done here, so that progress could actually be seen by those that obviously care about this site.

I think that pretty much happened for 5 years but nothing got fixed, lol, was just empty promises to fix.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics