Welcome Guest Active Topics
Howie's CCL NFL Competition - Picks Thread Options
Dreadnok01
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:07:23 PM

Groups: Member

jbeeman85 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:

I need to quit picking with my heart. I'm changing to Green Bay over Minnesota

Maybe I need to quit picking with my heart too. If I didn't keep picking the Titans I think I would be in first in overall points and in third in percentage.Wall

That's why I finally decided to pick against the Vikings. My stats would be a whole lot better if I could just accept that they stink this year
Reggie
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:25:11 PM

Dreadnok01 wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:

Maybe I need to quit picking with my heart too. If I didn't keep picking the Titans I think I would be in first in overall points and in third in percentage.Wall

That's why I finally decided to pick against the Vikings. My stats would be a whole lot better if I could just accept that they stink this year

Same here. But no matter what I think I'll still be picking the Bucs and Dolphins every week. I'd like to think of it as support. Big Grin

Reggie
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:10:33 AM

Week 8

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
San Francisco 49ers - LOCK PICK
Detroit Lions
Philadelphia Eagles
Kansas City Chiefs
New Orleans Saints
Miami Dolphins
Cincinnati Bengals
Oakland Raiders
Denver Broncos
Atlanta Falcons
Green Bay Packers

Seattle Seahawks

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:20:51 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Tampa Bay
San Francisco
Detroit
NY Giants
Kansas City
New Orleans
New England
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Washington
Atlanta
Green Bay - Lock
Seattle

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:53:30 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Carolina
San Francisco - Lock
Dallas
NY Giants
Kansas City
New Orleans
New England
Cincinnati
Oakland
Denver
Atlanta
Green Bay
Seattle

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:26:43 PM

Carolina
San Francisco Lock
Dallas
Philadelphia
Kansas City
New Orleans
New England
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Denver
Atlanta
Green Bay
Seattle

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 10:42:01 AM

Shop at My Store

Reggie wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:

Same here. But no matter what I think I'll still be picking the Bucs and Dolphins every week. I'd like to think of it as support. Big Grin

The way I look at it is if I were to pick the Broncos this week over the Skins and the Redskins win, I would feel like a fool. I would be happy about the win but I would get a ton of crap from people!

Everyone is picking the Broncos so if the Skins win then I'm up a game. But if they lose I'm just going to have done a better job picking the other games.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 9:03:38 AM

Shop at My Store

So picture yourself the coach in the following scenario and tell me what you would do.

It's early in the 4th quarter and the game was just tied up against you. The ball is at your 20 yard line, you have a running back that has been averaging 5.5 yards per carry. Your QB hasn't completed a pass longer than 15 yards all game. Peyton Manning is on the other sideline.

Do you:

A - Stick with what's been working, remember you have a RB who gets 5+ yards every time he touches the ball, short passes, move the chains, spin the clock, score hopefully - but most important you keep Peyton Manning on the sideline!

or

B - Call three consecutive pass plays of 20-30 yards, have them all fall incomplete, run off less than a minute of gametime and hand the ball back to a future Hall of Famer so he can seize the momentum and eviscerate any chance you had to win the game.

I know which one Kyle Shanahan prefers. That is one stupid, idiotic, incredibly over-rated, @#$%-ing numbnuts! He is an expert at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 9:14:47 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
So picture yourself the coach in the following scenario and tell me what you would do.

It's early in the 4th quarter and the game was just tied up against you. The ball is at your 20 yard line, you have a running back that has been averaging 5.5 yards per carry. Your QB hasn't completed a pass longer than 15 yards all game. Peyton Manning is on the other sideline.

Do you:

A - Stick with what's been working, remember you have a RB who gets 5+ yards every time he touches the ball, short passes, move the chains, spin the clock, score hopefully - but most important you keep Peyton Manning on the sideline!

or

B - Call three consecutive pass plays of 20-30 yards, have them all fall incomplete, run off less than a minute of gametime and hand the ball back to a future Hall of Famer so he can seize the momentum and eviscerate any chance you had to win the game.

I know which one Kyle Shanahan prefers. That is one stupid, idiotic, incredibly over-rated, @#$%-ing numbnuts! He is an expert at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

That seems to be the game plan of many coaches out there, go against what is working. I was thinking the same thing while watching the game. There is no way I would give Peyton any extra chances to beat me, especially after his team had already tied it up after having a 14 point lead on him in the 3rd.
The only silver lining for the Redskins is that their division is crap this year and even at 2-5 are still in the thick of the division race.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 9:18:57 AM

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
The only silver lining for the Redskins is that their division is crap this year and even at 2-5 are still in the thick of the division race.

Yeah, people have been saying that 7-9 wins the division. Shoot, I think 6-10 gets it done.Crying

Hall Liquidations

b0bafett
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 4:12:53 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Of Course doesn't help RG3 is sucking
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:11:37 AM

Shop at My Store

Results coming. For now, here's this weeks slate of games. Faves in bold as usual. Get your picks in by 8:30 on Halloween.

Week 9

Thu - Cincinnati @ Miami
Atlanta @ Carolina
Minnesota @ Dallas
New Orleans @ NY Jets
Tennessee @ St. Louis
Kansas City @ Buffalo
San Diego @ Washington (even - no line)
Philadelphia @ Oakland
Tampa Bay @ Seattle
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Pittsburgh @ New England
Indianapolis @ Houston

Mon - Chicago @ Green Bay

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:18:27 AM

Shop at My Store

Bengals
Panthers
Vikings
Saints
Titans
Chiefs
Redskins
Raiders
Seahawks - Lock (sorry, Reggie! Sad )
Browns
Patriots
Colts
Packers

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:56:09 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Cincinnati
Carolina
Dallas
New Orleans
Tennessee
Kansas City
Washington
Oakland
Seattle - Lock
Baltimore
New England
Indianapolis
Green Bay
BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:50:44 AM

Cincinnati @ Miami
Atlanta @ Carolina
Minnesota @ Dallas
New Orleans @ NY Jets
Tennessee @ St. Louis
Kansas City @ Buffalo
San Diego @ Washington
Philadelphia @ Oakland
Tampa Bay @ Seattle
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Pittsburgh @ New England
Indianapolis @ Houston
Chicago @ Green Bay - LOCK

Tampa Bay - Houston - Denver - Indianapolis - Atlanta - Philadelphia - San Diego - San Francisco - Green Bay

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:50:38 PM

Cincinnati
Carolina
Dallas
New Orleans
St. Louis
Kansas City
San Diego
Philadelphia
Seattle-Lock
Baltimore
New England
Indianapolis
Green Bay

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
Dreadnok01
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:59:54 PM

Thu - Cincinnati @ Miami
Atlanta @ Carolina
Minnesota @ Dallas
New Orleans @ NY Jets
Tennessee @ St. Louis
Kansas City @ Buffalo
San Diego @ Washington (even - no line)
Philadelphia @ Oakland
Tampa Bay @ Seattle
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Pittsburgh @ New England
Indianapolis @ Houston

Mon - Chicago @ Green Bay

Picks in Blue I think Green Bay for my lock this week.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:59:38 PM

Shop at My Store

About halfway through the season and the battle for first place is fierce and competitive! The Weekly Winner for WK 8 is DivideAndConquer with an astounding 11-2 record and 22 points. Fantastic! Everyone had a great week with jbeeman85 and freakdylan both posting 10-3 scores and 20 points and no one having a losing record.

In a first, everyone got their Lock Picks and Monday Night was also perfect for all. Six unanimous picks. We all selected the 49'ers, Chiefs, Saints, Packers and Seahawks. No one thought the Cardinals could beat the Falcons. Only two upsets: Giants over Eagles - MoonKnight1, jbeeman85 and DivideAndConquer got it right and Raiders over Steelers with Reggie, freakdylan and DivideAndConquer correctly predicting that outcome.

Total Weekly Points

1. DivideAndConquer - 153 (wk 1-7) 131 + 22 (wk8)
2. Reggie - 147 (128 + 19)
3. jbeeman85 - 147 (127 + 20)
4. Dreadnok01 - 146 (128 + 18)
5. b0bafett - 145 (128 + 17)
6. freakdylan - 145 (125 + 20)
7. BruceReville - 143 (125 + 18)
8. MoonKnight1 - 143 (124 + 19)
9. ComicReaderBatman - 77 (59 + 18)
10.comicuniversity - 68 (68 + 0)

11. pottersan - 51 (51 + 0)

Weekly High Score

1. Reggie - 24
2. comicuniversity - 24
3. freakdylan - 24
4. ComicReaderBatman- 24
5. jbeeman85 - 23
6. Dreadnok01 - 22
7. MoonKnight1 - 22
8. DivideAndConquer - 22
9. b0bafett - 21
10. BruceReville - 20

11. pottersan - 18

Lock Pick

1. b0bafett - 8 KC, Oak, Den, Ind, Stl, Phi, SD, SF
2. jbeeman85 - 7 NE, NO, Den, Ind, Atl, KC, SD, GB
3. Dreadnok01 - 7 NE, Ind, Den, KC, Stl, Dal, Sea, SF
4. Reggie - 6 Det, Oak, Sea, Ind, SD, Dal, NE , SF
5. MoonKnight1 - 6 NE, Oak, Min,Ind, Den, Hou , KC, GB
6. freakdylan - 6 NE, Den, NO, Stl, NYG , KC, SF
7. DivideAndConquer - 6 TB, GB, NO, Ind, Stl, Hou , SD, SF
8. BruceReville - 6 TB, Hou, Den, Ind, Atl, Phi, SD, SF
9. ComicReaderBatman - 3 Den, SD, SF
10. comicuniversity - 3 TB, Bal, Sea, Ind

11. pottersan - 2 NE, Hou, GB

Monday Night Football

1. DivideAndConquer - 7
2. b0bafett - 6
3. freakdylan - 6
4. BruceReville - 6
5. jbeeman8 - 5
6. Reggie - 5
7. Dreadnok01 - 4
8. MoonKnight1 - 4
9. comicuniversity - 4
10. ComicReaderBatman - 2

11. pottersan - 2

Win/Loss Percentage

1. (40-17) 70% ComicReaderBatman
2. (80-40) 67% DivideAndConquer
3. (74-46) 62% Reggie
4. (73-47) 61% MoonKnight1
5. (73-47) 61% Dreadnok01
6. (72-48) 60% BruceReville
7. (72-48) 60% jbeeman85
8. (71-49) 59% freakdylan
9. (69-51) 58% b0bafett
10. (25-23) 52% pottersan

11. (32-31) 51% comicuniversity

I have added a new category for Prize eligibility and three new prizes to select from. You can see the new prizes Here
The new category is Number of Weeks Won. So far in four weeks we have had four different winners.

Week 1 - Reggie
Week 2 - comicuniversity
Week 3 - jbeeman85
Week 4 - freakdylan
Week 5 - ComicReaderBatman
Week 6 - DivideAndConquer
Week 7 - ComicReaderBatman
Week 8 - DivideandConquer

Hall Liquidations

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:52:40 AM

Cincinnati @ Miami
Atlanta @ Carolina
Minnesota @ Dallas
New Orleans @ NY Jets
Tennessee @ St. Louis
Kansas City @ Buffalo
San Diego @ Washington
Philadelphia @ Oakland
Tampa Bay @ Seattle LOCK
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Pittsburgh @ New England
Indianapolis @ Houston
Chicago @ Green Bay

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Reggie
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:18:57 AM

Week 9

Miami Dolphins
Carolina Panthers
Dallas Cowboys
New Orleans Saints - Lock Pick
Tennessee Titans
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Philadelphia Eagles
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (No love for Tampa anyone?)
Cleveland Browns
New England Patriots
Houston Texans

Green Bay Packers