Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Store in Nottoway County open & Free Priority Shipping @ $25 Options
monidaw1
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:58:21 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

This is going to be some work. We got a truck load of stuff hauled to storage at my parents then worked the rest of the day trying to get the store cleaned. They got the power cut on after we finally figured out the meter was addressed as the hardware store beside us and the tanning place on the other side had the next number. Now the town has officially assigned us the address of 107 1/2 East Carolina Ave.

Of course when the water comes on we have leaks and stuff. Two bathrooms both needing quick fixes to plumbing. I'll have to get the second toilet straight tomorrow and as soon as we can afford it one of the bathrooms is getting a total redo with a new vanity to replace the old rusty sink and a new toilet. On the bright side, one of the tiny medicine cabinets on the wall came with a some dental floss already inside.

The electricity has brought out some nice touches. There's like 17 ceiling fixtures, each one has four 4' bulbs which is the most affordable size for bulk buying compared to those 6 and 8 footers I had to deal with in the 90's. Even better is every single one has a pull string so they can be on all at once or on or off individually as needed. That should save a lot of electricity cutting them on for most of the store only as needed working in that section. I added string to them today so now we just need like 17 little tiny action figures to tie to the ends of the pull strings, preferably in a flying type pose since it might look like 17 little lynching's if I just tied a string around the necks of normal figures. Not cool I would suspect although I currently have a Redskin rubber ducky hanging from the shop light string over the existing desk but he had a screw or something run into his head at the factory instead of having it tied around his neck.

I tried to get fresh pictures with mom's camera but messed up something doing it so it was dark by the time I found out. I'll try again tomorrow since it looks like it's going to be a daily thing to go up there and work after the evening and early morning orders are packed and ready to drop off.

Have a great night. 4AM comes back around quickly. Sleepy

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

monidaw1
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 1:15:54 AM

Shop at My Store

Mom got a picture yesterday of the front. We've had the camera along and a fresh pack of batteries for a couple days now but we've been so bust we haven't had time to take any ourselves yet. (Reminds me to eventually see if CCL has something to hang in a window to promote itself that looks better than a hastily drawn on dry erase board.)

The big accomplishment was getting those 3 shelving sections with the door and frame section seen at the back of the first picture down and moved to the front, reversed direction and reassembled again. I surprissed myself when we managed to pull that off without destroying them. The corner wall seen at the front of the first picture as you come in the front door came out yesterday afternoon also. That brings taking apart the front counter and either reversing the direction it's facing or replacing it with something like glass display cases or something designed to hold comics or magazines. We need about 16' of something to work as a counter or display there and a waist high door for allowing access behind the counter are into the back area where the rows of comic boxes will go. We should be ready to start painting the right wall and the front wall today and maybe getting comic boxes moved and setup tomorrow. The action figures finished moving there yesterday after two loads worht got the spare bedroom empty here and ready for final cleaning as soon as I get in the attic access in that room and haul out several hundred long box tops I stored up there. I was about to say I was heading out to start loading the car and truck again for another load since it's getting close to 4AM wakeup anyway but I just realized the time change was this morning so it's actually only 1AM. I should try to crawl back into sofa for an extra hours nap or maybe pack and order out or two.

monidaw1
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 11:33:33 AM

Shop at My Store

In this shot you can see where the wall, doorway and shelves from the first picture up above have been moved to the front and reassembled. The counter that was up front has also been unhooked and reversed to face the other way though we're not commited to keeping it yet since it would need some work to get more presentable.

In this shot it just pretty much shows the two coats of white paint having gone up from the back door all the way up the right wall if you're facing back, across the front and back down the left wall to the end of the shelving. Apparently 5 gallons of paint wasn't enough so it's going to take some more to finish but I think the bright clean white is much nicer than the dingy, dirty yellow beige that was there. Two carloads and a truck load got the personnel collection moved from here to there. I'm getting the itch to start hauling truckloads of the stores boxes but dreading the loading and the delays it may cause processing orders. I'd be a shame if someone actually had to wait an entire 24 hours or more from the time they ordered to get shipped and tracking numbers because some of their books are two counties away from the rest. I suppose at some point it's going to become unavoidable though. At least my case of 3" packing tape came in today so the actual packing part should speed up again with the time savings of not having to make as many circiuts with the 3" tape as we had to with the 2".

ebcomix
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 2:23:31 PM

Shop at My Store

Good luck, looks like fun to me!

Dave H
monidaw1
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:50:25 PM

Shop at My Store

The front has peg board, hooks and action figures hanging. We're still working out what to put in front to finish the counter area. Hopefully some things will come along soon and we can finish filling in the rest of the front.

Different views of the back with the CCL books. Posters going up and more decorations to come. I'm sure there will be plenty of rearranging and there's a nice amount of room for quick expansion.

The office and desk area still getting arrranged. The new tv/monitor didn't survive the move. We set it on the fireplace to move the desk but the wind blew a board over the fireplace off and it knocked the monitor off breaking it. Now there's the tiny monitor we picked up at the Goodwill outlet until we can get something bigger.

Obviously the bathrooms still need some work.

The kitchen area has almost nothing so far so it's got to be created from scratch. It's still just a space for now.

The living room's here except the tv, stand and accessories.

With the internet and new phone cut on yesterday we should be functional enough to start shipping and taking walkin traffic again one at a time while we finish everything else. There's always a chance that some orders may get delayed a bit as we may not make the trip up here every day early but hopefully no more than 12 to 24 hours for most. Now back to work.

bobafett_esb
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:21:44 PM

Groups: Member

Looks great! Are you going to allow walkin traffic to go through the books you have listed on CCL?

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
- Raoul Duke (Johnny Depp) from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

Follow my store on Facebook:

The Android's Dungeon on Facebook

http://garfieldminusgarfield.tumblr.com/

My online blog:
http://adcomicstore.blogspot.com/
monidaw1
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:41:44 AM

Shop at My Store

Quote:
Looks great! Are you going to allow walkin traffic to go through the books you have listed on CCL?

I'm expecting to keep doing what we've always done at the house with walk-ins which is is give them the guided tour of the online site then if they're looking for anything right now get the laptop and search out whatever they have interest in then in seconds walk them to where they're filed supervised. Obviously there's going to be a growing number of items not listed on CCL they can select from up front or squirreled away eslewhere for a rainy day. I'm even letting some of our private collection go as I get the titles read. I'm leaning towards getting new comics also which may or may not end up showing on CCL. I've been wanting to use CCL's software as a POS system which it should be great at if they ever tweek a couple simple problems so for now it's kinda crude and the delays in waiting for the software to flip between folders is rather embarassing. Sad On the bright side, when it is working the loading should be faster here than at home since the internet connection here is faster than it was with Comcast back home. Everything else just pops up super quick flipping between video's or search pages. I'm trying to piece together the front area now to get some type of display finished. There's a Christmas parade coming shortly that should have thousands of people lined up in front or passing by. The bedroom walls need to go up before the furniture goes in and the kitchen area needs to start coming together quickly. The radiators aren't part of the current heating system so I'll be trying to build a box with shelf over the one up front today to hold short boxes of 50 cent comics or whatyever else needs a place to park. There's a couple more I need to see if I can just take out entirely to free up more room. Now back to work.

monidaw1
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:10:15 PM

Shop at My Store

Time for an update as we take a break after a batch of 70's uploads. The new store is getting something added almost daily as we keep working on it. We made a big open sign that faces out and at night instead of closed on the opposite side we put CCL's address so people can continue to shop if they're too shy to knock. Ellen painted the windows but the outside paints been comng off almost immediately se we'll have to ry something different this spring. The front window was leaking on the inside during heavy rains and ruining the posters so we got some plastic poster frames which we've now learned heat up, warp, twist and fall down sometimes when the sun hits them so we'll have to upgrade that as soon as we can afford some glass versions and maybe we can find some more posters online already lamenated to hold up a little better.

We're starting to run out of space up front in the display case so we picked up some shelves to hang on the wall and hold lots on and we've been filling them up with bundled lots all week and it worked out nice enough that we're going to gradually take them all the way up to the ceiling by adding more and with over 900 lots online already plus some extra's just for the walk in's we should have plenty to fill them. I've still got to take the radiator off that wall and build a shelf for boxes there. I'm sure the candy dishes and center shelves should get replaced gradually as well.

Don't forget your 25% discount by selecting the cash payment option and the free pick up. There's more stuff here all the time not online you can check out while you're picking up.

Back to work.

monidaw1
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:47:49 AM

Shop at My Store

We managed to get 3 more rows hung and filled with bundled Lots. Now that they're higher than the door the next 3 rows can get wider to hold more but we're going to need a bigger ladder to get them hung. It's already above the comfort reach of the 8' step ladder.

monidaw1
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 4:03:20 PM

Shop at My Store

Kitchen Before

kitchen After

I managed to get the cabinet built to hold some noodles and dishes. No stove but we opted out of getting one and got the Presto Pizza thing since that's our primary stove usage in the past that couldn't be handled by the toaster oven or one of the other plug in appliances. I'll have to come back later and build cabinet doors or hang curtains. There's a nice Avengers poster ready to go above the kitchen table once we get a frame free from the front window to put it in. I'll get some more pictures up soon.