Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Why I Love Comic Collector Live Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:24:11 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

We have a complain about CCL thread so I thought I would start a topic on why I (and you) like the site.

I like Comic Collector Live for a number of reasons.

For one, the database is incredible. Try going on any other site and finding a specific comic. It is so much easier to locate a certain issue here than anywhere else. If I were to search for G. I. Combat #15 on CCL I would find this:

Search for that on feeBay and you might come up with this:

Secondly, there is actually a Community here. I know the Forums are not as vibrant as they were a few years ago but there is still a sense of camaraderie by and large. Sure, you get some skirmishes, but for the most part the people here are respectful, opinionated, reasonably intelligent and supportive of other Members.

Third, the economics of the site seem to be pretty good. It is inexpensive to be a Seller so it elicits a lower price point. Which attracts Buyers. More sales equals more money for the site. A win-win-win all around. feeBay could learn from this.

There's more but I will end with this. For the most part, Sellers here have a better idea of what they have and what condition it is in. Search for a comic featuring Peter Parker's alter ego on the four letter site and you could find results with the following spelling:

Spider-Man
Spider Man
Spiderman
Spidre man
Sipder-nam
etc, etc, etc...

Over there you are restricted by the limitations of the Seller. Bad spelling, incorrect identification, poor grading and it is near impossible to find what you are looking for. There is no structure in place that is better than the one provided by Comic Collector Live in my humble opinion.

Grading is another issue. Here, you are required to list a grade. Now, your interpretation of Very Good may be different than mine but at least you specified a condition. Here is an actual example I just saw on eBay.

Quote:
LASH LARUE WESTERN #8 1950 FAWCETT HIGH GRADE Overall, Solid mid to higher grade copy in my opinion. But you decide for yourself. It is a solid, sharp flat copy. There is some corner wear, slight edge wear and some minor spine stress. Staple are clean and tight. The back cover has a 1/2 tear toward the middle left. Should be visible in scan. There is also a slightly ragged bindery cut visible on the bottom left back cover and back pages. Definitely a dull blade. It is minor but present. Page quality is off white to slightly tanning toward bottom of pages. The worst defect is the year 1950 written in the L. Again, you decide the grade. Still a very sharp copy of one of the better Westerns. Yes. The book is complete. Please ask questions.

The Seller is asking the Buyer to grade the comic. Unbelievable.

To sum it up, I love Comic Collector Live and I am looking forward to the future with this company and expanding my presence here.

This thread is for compliments only, if you wish to complain about CCL please post on the already established Complaint thread.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

4saken1
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:01:44 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm right there with you, Howie!

I buy the vast majority of my comics here. I realize that it doesn't get the traffic of eBay, but the cost to list here is very reasonable and the customers are the best!

I love the fact that with the WishList feature, I can get notices instantaneously when a specific comic that I'm looking for has been listed.

I love that most stores have several different shipping options, and that many even offer free shipping.

I love how easy it is to search for a particular comic that I am looking for and that it is easy to see all of the comics that I want from any given store rather than having to search through their entire inventory to find what I want.

I love how easy it is to list comics or even a run of comics.

The list goes on.....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

teh_longinator
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:49:38 PM

Groups: Member

4saken1 wrote:
I'm right there with you, Howie!

I buy the vast majority of my comics here. I realize that it doesn't get the traffic of eBay, but the cost to list here is very reasonable and the customers are the best!

I love the fact that with the WishList feature, I can get notices instantaneously when a specific comic that I'm looking for has been listed.

I love that most stores have several different shipping options, and that many even offer free shipping.

I love how easy it is to search for a particular comic that I am looking for and that it is easy to see all of the comics that I want from any given store rather than having to search through their entire inventory to find what I want.

I love how easy it is to list comics or even a run of comics.

The list goes on.....

I'll agree with this. It is an excellent place to buy and sell. My issue, as a Canadian, is with shipping costs both ways. I don't know what it is, but I think I'm the only Canadian frequenting this place. And sadly, I couldn't keep a shop open here because of it. Cross-border shipping is getting ridiculous, and for some reason Canada Post makes it hard.

Now that my rant's out of the way... This is a nice place. It's quick to search for a book. However, unlike eBay, there's not too much protection for the buyer. eBay, you have a problem, you get it sorted... and fast. Here? Well, I'll leave that for the OTHER thread.

But 4saken1. How do you get the site to show all the comics you want from a store? I've been thinking about buying from a few shops. I'm getting into 1st apperances as a thing... and sadly... that's where eBay's gonna rape me.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:10:33 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

1. Cheap and plentiful comics for sale.

2. Good community (even it does seem to be dwindling). Most comic boards are a mess of fanboy flame-wars, juvenile mental bullying, or 100 threads of "who's your favorite super-hero"? Here I seem to be able to have decent conversations, with decent comic book fans.

3. Even if it is outdated and slow, the software is very complete with it's information; which is quite helpful. It's like a comic book encyclopedia I can use to look up issue numbers, printing dates, writers and artists, character appearances, etc.

4. Bamf's and Alpha Comics. These 2 shops are easily the most frequented on the site for me, with a fantastic selection and prices. And both sellers are extremely helpful, friendly, and courteous.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:52:21 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

1) The database is much more diverse, accurate, and complete than most others that I have seen. Are there still gaps? Sure.

2) I've found issues that I never knew existed. And been able to buy them here, not just find out about them.

3) It's not just Comic Collector Live - it's trading cards (big thing for me), CCG's, and Action Figures. All of which are growing. Quite simply, there just isn't another database capable of cataloging Trading Cards and CCG's like CCL. Sure there are checklists, but they don't have images or artists or characters listed.

4) Community - there is a pretty solid community here. Ebbs and flows, but there is a strong core.

Inking_Zanziber
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:35:38 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Best comic book DB for keeping my collection inventoried. Before I found CCL, I was tracking my collection on a spreadsheet that I didn't maintain very well. My wife (at the time) would then be enlisted to help update the inventory. She didn't care for that.

Best comic book marketplace. Yes, there are some who have had issues with sellers, but that shouldn't reflect on CCL as a whole. I've sold on eBay and Amazon and CCL is the best way to get what you're selling out to the people that want it.

As always... make mine CCL!

John "Zanziber" Rogers - @ZanziberPoV

Zanziber's Point Of View

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:09:58 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm with CCL, so I'm bias...but I did discover CCL before I came to work here so I'll gladly join in.

1) MOST AFFORDABLE, CLEANEST and COMPREHENSIVE presentation of comic book covers and data on the internet as far as I'm concerned. Like Scott, there are books that I didn't know existed if not for CCL's Database.

2) The site is relatively easy to navigate and the software has a very short learning curve to utilize. Even at it's most basic, the cataloguing system is a very nice feature.

3) The community is KNOWLEDGEABLE. Someone told me a couple weeks ago that they love CCL because they didn't know anyone personally to talk to about comics. This site has given them a family.

4) KNOWLEDGEABLE SELLERS. I like to buy from confident dealers and graders. Nothing aggravates me more than a FEEBAY listing that says "I'm not a professional grader" or "I don't know anything about comics." I expect more from sellers on CCL because they deal specifically in comics and not comics, socks and DVDs.

Finally, on a professional level, I've come to know Joe Butler (the CEO/Creator of CCL) and his family and there's not many people I've come to respect more, both in his personal convictions and character. Sometimes it takes a while to get stuff done, but he's someone I would trust with my comics...which is to say my life. You want to support someone who cares about people, comics and collectors? Joe's your man and I'm proud to be a part of this team. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if CCL ever closes its' doors, I'll be the last one out to turn of the lights. I support and believe in it that much.

rook68
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:24:44 PM

Best forums and great deals on comic books. The site also has people that are as crazy about comic books as me. Best comic book website right now.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

4saken1
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:24:21 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

teh_longinator wrote:
But 4saken1. How do you get the site to show all the comics you want from a store? I've been thinking about buying from a few shops. I'm getting into 1st apperances as a thing... and sadly... that's where eBay's gonna rape me.

With the Wish List feature. Any member that has all the comics they are looking for marked so can go to any store in CCL and under the 'Browse This Store' section is a link that says 'On My Wish List'. Clicking that link will take you to a page that shows only the comics from your Wish List.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

teh_longinator
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:49:17 PM

4saken1 wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:

With the Wish List feature. Any member that has all the comics they are looking for marked so can go to any store in CCL and under the 'Browse This Store' section is a link that says 'On My Wish List'. Clicking that link will take you to a page that shows only the comics from your Wish List.

Oh. Sweet. Thank you.

Cave Comics

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Joe
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:06:01 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

1. I love being able to see all of the variants of an issue.
2. The people here are the best.
3. The ability to see the gaps in my collection (this is a software feature, but I love that).

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

Spider-Man
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:56:18 AM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

teh_longinator wrote:
4saken1 wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:

Oh. Sweet. Thank you.

When you click on the Store Locator link it will list all the store on CCL. Then you click on the word Wishlist at the top and it will rank the stores based on how many each store has on your wishlist, so you can see see which store has the most.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:41:21 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Did some post just get deleted or I'm I just seeing things?
Joe
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:56:16 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

b0bafett wrote:

The posts that were deleted were off topic and complaint posts.

We wanted to move them to the complaints thread, but you can't move single posts.

We reopened the complaints thread so people can continue to complain there.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

teh_longinator
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:00:53 PM

Joe wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

The posts that were deleted were off topic and complaint posts.

We wanted to move them to the complaints thread, but you can't move single posts.

We reopened the complaints thread so people can continue to complain there.

Lol

Cave Comics

b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:10:51 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Thanks for the fast reply. glad to know I'm not going crazy
lbej
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:35:03 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

There is no better place to shop for comics, period. My positive experiences on CCL have outweighed the negatives 100-1, and there's no other site I can say that about, comics-related or otherwise. I'm not a seller and I don't use the software so I can't speak to either of those aspects, but from the buy-side, CCL is the best.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 8:44:30 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

lbej wrote:
There is no better place to shop for comics, period. My positive experiences on CCL have outweighed the negatives 100-1, and there's no other site I can say that about, comics-related or otherwise. I'm not a seller and I don't use the software so I can't speak to either of those aspects, but from the buy-side, CCL is the best.

Really want to give this post kudos. Ibej has been a customer of my shop (METROPOLIS CONNECTIONS) and I'm sure many others on CCL for a while now. I appreciate the honest and kind words and I wish you nothing but the best spending money on the site :)